It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The grandest of grand.

<span class="bold">Europa Universalis III Complete</span>, among the grandest of grand strategy games, is available now, DRM-free on GOG.com. Get 66% off your game, or an entire <span class="bold">75% off if you get it alongside the DLC Collection.</span>

The Europa Universalis series is, without a doubt, one of the most legendary and influential grand strategy titles ever released. It singlehandedly spawned a generation of Paradox Interactive titles including Hearts of Iron, Crusader Kings and Victoria - all the while remaining the most well-rounded strategy simulator out there. Europa Universalis III is a great starting point on your grand strategy adventure, it'll give you the opportunity to learn the basics and try the many facets of Paradox's signature gameplay - and perhaps move on to a deeper, more focused experience. Or perhaps you enjoy being the lord of every domain. The choice, as always in Europa Universalis III, is truly yours.

You can also pick up the <span class="bold">DLC Collection.</span>, full of additional content and full blown expansions including Heir to the Throne and Divine Wind.

<span class="bold">Europa Universalis III Complete</span> is now DRM-free on GOG.com, the launch discount will last for 5 days, until Tuesday, October 13.
JMich: Nor any more wrong than calling a digital release a "Limited Edition".
Is anyone defending Limited Edition here?
Paradox Interactive is well known for its, say, "peculiar" way of advertising and selling games.

For example, a not-complete game is named "EU3: Complete".
Or, advertising a package as containing following expansions: Heir to the Throne and Divine Wind, whereas it is *not* possible to play Heir to the Throne with it (the official explanation is that, well, Divine Wind depends on Heir to the Throne, so naturally, Heir to the Throne is included. And, besides who would like to play HttT when he has DW?)
I wonder whether this applies to GOG version as well (the "collection" contains both HttT and DW)

For me that is completely unethical. To put it bluntly - Paradox is cheating.

EU3 is a great, magnificent game. But seeing the same policy being introduced on GOG (at least wrt to "Complete" edition) makes me very sad.

GOG, please do not go this way.
Advertise "Complete" as EU3+Napoleons Ambitions+In Nomine.
Allow installing expansions separately.
Fix what Paradox has broken.
Post edited October 08, 2015 by szpakinslaw
Vitek: But do you think it is really necessary to offer this particular release instead of Chronicles?
No idea. Haven't checked what features the DLCs add (or remove), so not sure if some people may prefer access to Complete instead of Chronicles.
vicklemos: Grammar nazi detected :D
Kiddin'
No, it's bad. Really really bad. :)
Vitek: Is anyone defending Limited Edition here?
No idea. But "Complete" is part of the name, the same way "Limited Edition" is part of the name for Might and Magic Six pack.
szpakinslaw: Advertise "Complete" as EU3+Napoleons Ambitions+In Nomine.
But EU3+Napoleon's Ambitions +In Nomine is called "Complete". It may not be complete, but it is called "Complete".
Post edited October 08, 2015 by JMich
Kiddin'
budejovice: No, it's bad. Really really bad. :)
Found a page in here and I agree, it's that bad :P
C'mon Paradox!
JMich: Nor any more wrong than calling a digital release a "Limited Edition".
Touché.
Kiddin'
budejovice: No, it's bad. Really really bad. :)
In-game screenshot? Huh? :D
Post edited October 08, 2015 by vicklemos
So the "complete" edition has DLC - that costs more than said "complete" edition.

Did I forget to take my meds this morning?
yogsloth: So the "complete" edition has DLC - that costs more than said "complete" edition.

Did I forget to take my meds this morning?
The edition named "Complete" is not the Complete edition that is named "Chronicles". And I'm not actually sure that the "Chronicles" edition is complete, or if it's missing some cosmetic DLCs.
vicklemos:
It's lunchtime here and I'm too busy to run out. Stop that! My craving for Dutch Mediterranean is currently set to: overwhelming.
JMich: And I'm not actually sure that the "Chronicles" edition is complete, or if it's missing some cosmetic DLCs.
It isn't. In comparison to the Complete Edition, the Chronicles Edition also contains Divine Wind and Heir to the Throne, but none of the other DLCs.
vicklemos:
budejovice: It's lunchtime here and I'm too busy to run out. Stop that! My craving for Dutch Mediterranean is currently set to: overwhelming.
Sorry if I annoyed you with my recently discovered love for engrish :P

edit: recentry
Post edited October 08, 2015 by vicklemos
Finally :)

Adding all to cart.... paying...and DONE :)

Now get HOI3 back on 75% off, I missed it last time. Even though I own it on Steam, I want to buy it DRM-free.

cheers for this nice release.
I tend to prefer the Crusader Kings 2 series set, having owned it on Steam myself. However, I'm happy to see more Paradox games getting their release due right here! Perhaps, Cities skylines will make it's debut eventually!