It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

More pretty. Still gritty.

<span class="bold">Deus Ex: Revision</span>, a mod which drastically overhauls the FPS/RPG masterpiece while preserving its greatness, is now available for FREE on GOG.com!

Every time the game is mentioned, someone will reinstall it. Make sure that's you, to check out all the augmentations this mod brings: New environments, new details that better flesh out its cyberpunk world, improved textures and 3D models, a new soundtrack, and more! What's more, thanks to the awesome team behind the mod, you can now collect 200+ GOG Galaxy achievements while playing Deus Ex: Revision.

To use this mod you need to own the original <span class="bold">Deus Ex GOTY</span>.

Watch the trailer.
Post edited April 18, 2017 by maladr0Id
Mods on GOG. I love the idea!
EDIT: Bah, that came out wrong. I apologize.

By the way Square-Enix, you're a little late.
Post edited April 08, 2017 by Projectsonic
Ixamyakxim: I sort of lose all my gamer street cred when I talk about this game. Bought it on release (huge fan of System Shock and loved the idea of the setting / story) and... never really got into it.

Tried it a few years later and never got that far then either - but at least spent more time with it than I initially did. I know, I know right? One of the classics of all time with a story I REALLY want to experience and it just never works for me.

Maybe this mod will give me the excuse to try it one more time...

I think I was turned off by trying to play the opening "less like a shooter" when maybe that's the way to go before I get a few points and mods to make other playstyles more feasible. In the very least, I'm sure I should care less about how I play the opening and just worry about getting through it so I can get into the later parts of the game.
You are not alone. I could have easily written the exact same post as you. Somehow I missed playing Deus Ex when it came out, but tried on a couple of occasions, years later, to play it, but I just couldn't get into it either.
Nice idea. With mods on GOG it's easier to keep track of updates. Otherwise you have to check the mod's internet site frequently for any updates.
Post edited April 08, 2017 by Silverhawk170485
GMDX IS BETTER!!!!!111
jk thanks for hosting the mod boyos
high rated
darthspudius: Did they fix the god awful voice over, music and gameplay?
Your lack of taste coupled with your zeal for bad comments never ceases to amaze me.
I just installed it and upon entering the game I noticed no difference whatsoever, other than the mod messed up the sound. Am I missing something?

Granted, I just started the game and only played for a minute or two, but I would think that if this was the massive overhaul it's claiming to be, I would notice a difference. The graphics are still absolutely horrible.

Changing the subject a little, why were the graphics so horrible in this game when the game came out in the year 2000? I am far from a graphics snob, in fact I just recently completed the first Diablo and the original Delta Force, but it's hard to understand why the graphics for this game are so bad. I don't think I have ever seen anything like it. The character models don't even have ears that stick out! The sides of their heads are flat, with ears painted on. The heads are all pointy and the mouths look ridiculous. It's hard to see how the game could be as immersive as people say when it's hard to get past how ugly it is. I know I missed the boat on this game by never having played it when it came out, and I am not doubting that the game was great, but I still play other games that are older than this one, and the graphics don't ruin the experience. With so many people having played and loved this game, I wonder why no one has remade the game.
aristotle61: I just installed it and upon entering the game I noticed no difference whatsoever, other than the mod messed up the sound. Am I missing something?

Granted, I just started the game and only played for a minute or two, but I would think that if this was the massive overhaul it's claiming to be, I would notice a difference. The graphics are still absolutely horrible.

Changing the subject a little, why were the graphics so horrible in this game when the game came out in the year 2000? I am far from a graphics snob, in fact I just recently completed the first Diablo and the original Delta Force, but it's hard to understand why the graphics for this game are so bad. I don't think I have ever seen anything like it. The character models don't even have ears that stick out! The sides of their heads are flat, with ears painted on. The heads are all pointy and the mouths look ridiculous. It's hard to see how the game could be as immersive as people say when it's hard to get past how ugly it is. I know I missed the boat on this game by never having played it when it came out, and I am not doubting that the game was great, but I still play other games that are older than this one, and the graphics don't ruin the experience. With so many people having played and loved this game, I wonder why no one has remade the game.
I didn't play delta force, but I played Diablo back in the day and the graphics were sprites, i.e. is a 2D game with pre-rendered backgrounds. DX is a 3D game, and 3D took its toll on performance back then. I don't think DX is a bad looking game for it's time.
low rated
darthspudius: Did they fix the god awful voice over, music and gameplay?
Stormwalker: Your lack of taste coupled with your zeal for bad comments never ceases to amaze me.
oh... almost cared... almost. Getting there. It appears that you're easily amazed. For that, you have my pity.
low rated
aristotle61: I just installed it and upon entering the game I noticed no difference whatsoever, other than the mod messed up the sound. Am I missing something?

jjavier: I didn't play delta force, but I played Diablo back in the day and the graphics were sprites, i.e. is a 2D game with pre-rendered backgrounds. DX is a 3D game, and 3D took its toll on performance back then. I don't think DX is a bad looking game for it's time.
Well, off the top of my head, System Shock 2 was made before Deus Ex, and it looked a lot better. I think Diablo looked better, and it was made four years before Deus Ex. Half-Life was made two years before Deus Ex. Unreal (same engine) looked better. I don't know, I think it's just the way that the graphics looked bad. When you have such ugly character models you probably shouldn't keep showing them up close because it just emphasizes the flaws.

Did you try this new mod being pushed by GOG?
Post edited April 08, 2017 by user deleted
high rated
darthspudius: Opinions are only wrong when A. you like Fallout 3 and B. hate Deus Ex right? :P
Not really, no. Opinions are right or wrong constantly, it's highly subjective after all. But when it comes to B, there's a higher chance of a person living in an alternate reality where DX sucks and his post somehow jumping through a wireless black hole into this dimension than someone legitimately hating the game.

Then again, people who hate chocolate do exist, although that is probably due to the space lizards infiltrating society.
jjavier: I didn't play delta force, but I played Diablo back in the day and the graphics were sprites, i.e. is a 2D game with pre-rendered backgrounds. DX is a 3D game, and 3D took its toll on performance back then. I don't think DX is a bad looking game for it's time.
aristotle61: Well, off the top of my head, System Shock 2 was made before Deus Ex, and it looked a lot better. I think Diablo looked better, and it was made four years before Deus Ex. Half-Life was made two years before Deus Ex. Unreal (same engine) looked better. I don't know, I think it's just the way that the graphics looked bad. When you have such ugly character models you probably shouldn't keep showing them up close because it just emphasizes the flaws.

Did you try this new mod being pushed by GOG?
System Shock 2's character models were notoriously primitive. Dig up some original screenshots and compare them to original Deus Ex character models. SS2 had paper bag heads with two angled panels forming the face and cubist bodies. It was on the level of Thief or Jedi Knight. Deus Ex was an upgrade over the first generation of 3D-accelerated character models. Faces had geometry, mouths moved, hands were more than blobs. The Deus Ex models were stiff and angular, but they're far superior to what SS2 presented.

You can debate art direction and how well they applied each engine. System Shock 2 had cramped environments, dim lighting, and a smoothness to everything that suited the simpler models. But if you compare the original SS2 and Deus Ex graphics side-by-side, I think you'll quickly change your mind about which game had better-looking characters.
is this the first time a mod has become available on GOG like this?

I do not come here offend so I do not know this. also is there a reason why it was put on the store page?
Now add:

STALKER: Autumn Aurora, Complete, Misery, Lost Alpha

Falcon 4.0: BSM

IL2-Sturmovik: HSFX

HoMM3: Horn of the Abyss
Lemon_Curry: That's what I expected but I hope you don't mind me asking: is that an assumption or a fact (on your behalf)?
PromZA: That is an utter letdown for me. I already have the CDs of all the games but now I'd be forced to buy it again if I want to play it. I don't see why GOG can't just make it so we can have these in our account without owning the game. Same as soundtracks yet it's not dependent on the game.
Well this mod already exists, as a Standalone release, an add to existing game version, and a Steam Release.
So there's nothing untoward in GOG having another release as a free DLC.

It 's up to you how you use the mod. Here's the official mod site
<span class="bold">Download Revision &mdash; Deus Ex: Revision</span>

Just get the mod from there.
Post edited April 08, 2017 by UhuruNUru