It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

More pretty. Still gritty.

<span class="bold">Deus Ex: Revision</span>, a mod which drastically overhauls the FPS/RPG masterpiece while preserving its greatness, is now available for FREE on GOG.com!

Every time the game is mentioned, someone will reinstall it. Make sure that's you, to check out all the augmentations this mod brings: New environments, new details that better flesh out its cyberpunk world, improved textures and 3D models, a new soundtrack, and more! What's more, thanks to the awesome team behind the mod, you can now collect 200+ GOG Galaxy achievements while playing Deus Ex: Revision.

To use this mod you need to own the original <span class="bold">Deus Ex GOTY</span>.

Watch the trailer.
Post edited April 18, 2017 by maladr0Id
armitom: Good news for fans of that mod.
Indeed, though as far as I'm concerned the original vanilla game isn't in need of any revisioning.

---
TO PLAY THIS ITEM YOU ALSO NEED
I wonder if it's possible to download the mod if you don't own the GOG version of Deus Ex. Would anyone who fits the bill care to try?
Post edited April 07, 2017 by Lemon_Curry
Great, now change the word BUY to download or something else.
Stop giving the impression it's a purchase, like add to cart level bullshit.
Lemon_Curry: I wonder if it's possible to download the mod if you don't own the GOG version of Deus Ex. Would anyone who fits the bill care to try?
It's treated as a DLC. It won't let you "buy" it directly if you don't have Deus Ex in your account.
wow...that looks great! I wasn't planning on replaying deus ex...but plans change don't they? thanks for sharing.
Jinxtah: Hmm, this is highly irregular to see a mod promoted and "sold" for a game here. What makes this different from all the other mods out there for other games?
Legal issues?
I suppose most of mods would never be available in official distribution.
low rated
Just installed.

Am I nuts or does it not look all that different? :P
Lemon_Curry: I wonder if it's possible to download the mod if you don't own the GOG version of Deus Ex. Would anyone who fits the bill care to try?
Grargar: It's treated as a DLC. It won't let you "buy" it directly if you don't have Deus Ex in your account.
That's what I expected but I hope you don't mind me asking: is that an assumption or a fact (on your behalf)?
Damn.. I was planning to play other games.
Lemon_Curry: That's what I expected but I hope you don't mind me asking: is that an assumption or a fact (on your behalf)?
A fact.
Deus Ex is fine as it is. So what's the point of this mod?

EDIT:

And i guess this is the GMDX mod that others have mentioned:

http://www.givemedeusex.com/
Post edited April 07, 2017 by Impaler26
Grargar: It's treated as a DLC. It won't let you "buy" it directly if you don't have Deus Ex in your account.
Lemon_Curry: That's what I expected but I hope you don't mind me asking: is that an assumption or a fact (on your behalf)?
That is an utter letdown for me. I already have the CDs of all the games but now I'd be forced to buy it again if I want to play it. I don't see why GOG can't just make it so we can have these in our account without owning the game. Same as soundtracks yet it's not dependent on the game.
Grargar: A fact.
Alrighty then, cheers. :)

In that case we might as well start calling it FREE™.

Impaler26: Deus Ex is fine as it is. So what's the point of this mod?
Boosting sales of the first two games, apparently.
"Deus Ex: Revision GOG Edition is designed to work with the GOG Galaxy Client and requires Deus Ex GOTY to be installed to function."

So does this mean it doesn't work as standalone? Or "may or may not"?

It's a mod (cough DLC cough) for a single player game...
fishbaits: "Deus Ex: Revision GOG Edition is designed to work with the GOG Galaxy Client and requires Deus Ex GOTY to be installed to function."

If you go to your GOG library after getting the DLC and open Deus Ex GOTY you get an option to download the mod, so I think it runs independent of Galaxy.
fishbaits: "Deus Ex: Revision GOG Edition is designed to work with the GOG Galaxy Client and requires Deus Ex GOTY to be installed to function."

It's free so does it matter?!