It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

More pretty. Still gritty.

<span class="bold">Deus Ex: Revision</span>, a mod which drastically overhauls the FPS/RPG masterpiece while preserving its greatness, is now available for FREE on GOG.com!

Every time the game is mentioned, someone will reinstall it. Make sure that's you, to check out all the augmentations this mod brings: New environments, new details that better flesh out its cyberpunk world, improved textures and 3D models, a new soundtrack, and more! What's more, thanks to the awesome team behind the mod, you can now collect 200+ GOG Galaxy achievements while playing Deus Ex: Revision.

To use this mod you need to own the original <span class="bold">Deus Ex GOTY</span>.

Watch the trailer.
Post edited April 18, 2017 by maladr0Id
Random_Coffee: Are all the achievements supposed to be secret?
They weren't supposed to be, but because of how Revision is now treated as DLC for Deus Ex, all the achievements are attached to the base game and were made hidden to prevent confusion for people who only play the base game.
Can anyone please help me out on how to launch the mod with Galaxy? I have the DLC option selected, but it still runs the vanilla game. Any ideas?
high rated
Logged in just to post this:
Attachments:
revision.jpg (106 Kb)
TaZaR: Can anyone please help me out on how to launch the mod with Galaxy? I have the DLC option selected, but it still runs the vanilla game. Any ideas?
Click the "More"-tab next to "Play" in Galaxy, and you can find it under "Other".
I mostly feel the greatest game of all time doesn't need any enhancements or improvements, but I appreciate the effort for anyone who wants to try it.
No idea if this mod is good, but don't listen to any retard who suggests The Nameless Mod as an alternative, it's utter garbage. Unless your idea of good dialogue is "My pants are on fire" and you delight in random memes from a forum you never visited.
GOG.com: <span class="bold">Deus Ex: Revision</span>, a mod which drastically overhauls the FPS/RPG masterpiece while preserving its greatness, is now available for FREE on GOG.com!
Why do I not get Deus Ex: Revision listed when I search for "Deus Ex" in the game list? Is that a bug or intentional?
WereSquirrel: No idea if this mod is good, but don't listen to any retard who suggests The Nameless Mod as an alternative, it's utter garbage. Unless your idea of good dialogue is "My pants are on fire" and you delight in random memes from a forum you never visited.
Haven't tried the nameless mod but revision was pretty decent when I tried it a few months ago. Clearly the guys behind it put a lot of time and effort into it.

I do kind of wish someone would give the same love to invisible war. I know I will probably take flack from some but I don't think it is a bad game but TBH I think a lot of hate is that it was a sequel to Deus Ex and that is a pretty tough act to follow.

One thing I would really like them to do with revision is a rebalance some augments which were essentially crappy due to the benefits vs energy cost or the benefits being so infrequently useful like protection from EMPs
Random_Coffee: Also, I have a RX 470, but I can't reliably run this at maxed settings? What is going on? :P
It's probably CPU bound.
WereSquirrel: No idea if this mod is good, but don't listen to any retard who suggests The Nameless Mod as an alternative, it's utter garbage. Unless your idea of good dialogue is "My pants are on fire" and you delight in random memes from a forum you never visited.
TNM is intentionally a little goofy but it's totally possible to enjoy even if you never frequented that forum (I didn't).

What it does give you is a unique story with factions you choose from, in a fairly large, open and well polished world that offers you a lot to explore. The amount of work and polish that went into it is phenomenal, and it really is worth playing, if you like Deus Ex gameplay. I'm sorry that your sense of humor is so lacking.
Post edited April 10, 2017 by clarry
PromZA: That is an utter letdown for me. I already have the CDs of all the games but now I'd be forced to buy it again if I want to play it. I don't see why GOG can't just make it so we can have these in our account without owning the game. Same as soundtracks yet it's not dependent on the game.
trusteft: Either you are drunk, or because I just woke up from a long nap, I am still half asleep (mind).
This doesn't make any sense to me.
Why would GOG, or anyone, give you access for free to an upgrade of the game they are selling, if you do not even have the game that is required, bought from them in the first place?
Because you are a nice guy?
timmy010: Does anyone know if these games run on dosbox or some form of dos?
trusteft: The original game was a full on Windows game, so I seriously doubt it is now a game that requires DOS or Dosbox.
Yes, clearly you are. They have it as a separate listing for free so it's not like they're giving me anything. If anything it's the publisher who should care but as I already have the game I am entitled to have it. If GoG wants it as a DLC then fine include as an upgrade to the game (it's free in any case) so you automatically have it. But that's not the route they followed. They made it a separate product yet it seems more like a way to up their catalogue and get you to buy the others.

As it is I bought Deux Ex 3 for a lot more than I paid for 1 and 2. It's not about the price but the principle. I shouldn't be forced to keep buying the same thing over and over again. That's more in line with DRM which seems to be creeping more and more into GoG.

As for anyone giving me access to a game that wasn't bought from them, that's ironically exactly what Steam does when I buy a game directly from the publisher. If GoG had a similar system in place we would be able to share them among platforms without actually needing to buy them again.
Shendue: The GMDX mod is notoriously better than this one.
I couldn't agree more! I've played the hell out of GMDX, and it gives a game that already had tremendous depth even more of it. I can't wait for version 9.0 to come out.
RafaelLVX: I don't fit the bill, but to quench that curiosity, I "purchased" the free DLC pass for Witcher 3 not owning Witcher 3. Now I have a 523 download here for nothing, at least until I get the base game. It tells me "you don't have the base product needed to play the DLC" or something along those lines, but I can download the DLC executable if I want.
Lemon_Curry: Hey, I appreciate the thought although that wasn't really necessary (and isn't comparable to this particular issue). I just hope you plan on getting the rest of the game. ;)
Yeah I'm completing Witcher 2 late but surely now before playing Witcher 3.

How it doesn't compare? It's the same situation with a different game.
aristotle61: Changing the subject a little, why were the graphics so horrible in this game when the game came out in the year 2000? I am far from a graphics snob, in fact I just recently completed the first Diablo and the original Delta Force, but it's hard to understand why the graphics for this game are so bad. I don't think I have ever seen anything like it. The character models don't even have ears that stick out! The sides of their heads are flat, with ears painted on. The heads are all pointy and the mouths look ridiculous. It's hard to see how the game could be as immersive as people say when it's hard to get past how ugly it is. I know I missed the boat on this game by never having played it when it came out, and I am not doubting that the game was great, but I still play other games that are older than this one, and the graphics don't ruin the experience. With so many people having played and loved this game, I wonder why no one has remade the game.
Your assessment of how the game looks is very precise, but if that prevents you from enjoying a game, you are a graphics snob, at least in my book. Please don't try other Eidos classics from the same era, like Hitman and Tomb Raider, or even from other publishers (Max Payne 1, GTA 3), you're in for a disappointment.

For people with your problem I do recommend Deus Ex 3, which I think does justice to Deus Ex 1 while being more "modern-looking" for snobs.
RafaelLVX: How it doesn't compare? It's the same situation with a different game.
First of all, while it's true that in both cases they require you to own the GOG version of the base game in one case we're talking about purchasable DLC (released by the developer and publisher of the original game) and in the other a free mod.

Secondly, you bought DLC for a base product you don't own (any retail version of) and my specific concern was whether or not someone who doesn't own the GOG version of Deus Ex could download this particular mod.
Post edited April 11, 2017 by Lemon_Curry
CENSORED BY GOG
Post edited July 22, 2017 by Serren