It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Guilt never truly dies.

<span class="bold">Deadlight: Director's Cut</span>, the enhanced edition of the moody, zombie-blasting side scroller, is available now, DRM-free on GOG.com with a 15% launch discount.

It's 1986 and the world has ended. Half-eaten corpses fill the streets, as scavengers move about like shadows, looking for the means or a reason to stay alive in this hellish reflection of Seattle. Randall Wayne already has a reason: his family is out there and to reach them he is prepared to blast, punch, or blow up every last bastard that dares stand in his way - undead or otherwise.
The brutal encounters and the tense chase sequences now feel smoother than ever, as Director's Cut brings more responsive controls and additional animations. Whenever you feel like stepping out of the wonderfully oppressive story, you can fire up the added Survival Arena mode to cut down the zombie hordes with new devastating weapons and conquer the leaderboards. It's definitely something to reminisce when you browse through the Developer Diaries or the atmospheric art-book.

Delve deep into the bleak world of flesh-eating shadows with <span class="bold">Deadlight: Director's Cut</span>, available now DRM-free on GOG.com. The 15% discount will last until June 28, 06:59 AM UTC.

Twitch alert + Giveaway
Join Outstarwalker on <span class="bold">twitch.tv/gogcom</span> on Tuesday, June 21, 4 PM UTC/ 12 PM EDT for some post apocalyptic action and a chance to win 5 GOG.com codes of Deadlight: Director's Cut, courtesy of Deep Silver.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/CxYJHewB2Zs
Post edited June 21, 2016 by maladr0Id
gamesfreak64: So, anyone instabuying this game sofar ?
I see many request for games, but if and when its released many dont seem to buy it, thats strange.
Why is that strange?
1. They release it near the end of a big sale.
2. It's expensive.
3. It's a rerelease of a game that has been bundled quite a few times.

Doesn't seem all that strange to me.
Well, quite price-y for a 4 years old game.
I like the the look and gameplay intrigued me though - visuals reminded me of This War of Mine - wishlisted.
I don't think this is worth it for owners of the "previous" game. They don't even have a loyalty discount on Steam because the versions have different publishers.
Looks like one I'll pick up eventually, but not tempting my wallet from my pocket at the moment.
I have the Steam version of this. Don't remember how I got it but I didn't buy it.

It's a Prince of Persia or Blackthorne style platformer. I remember some parts being needlessly frustrating, and the game taking roughly five hours from beginning to end.

I wouldn't pay more than $5 for this.
gamesfreak64: So, anyone instabuying this game sofar ?
I see many request for games, but if and when its released many dont seem to buy it, thats strange.
omega64: Why is that strange?
1. They release it near the end of a big sale.
2. It's expensive.
3. It's a rerelease of a game that has been bundled quite a few times.

Doesn't seem all that strange to me.
Bundled few times? i must have missed out on these bundles, unless it was at humble bundle (no prepaid )
i guess i wait till bad old steam sells it at 40% off or so :D

Reminds me, old bad steam has weeklong deals every week, somehow i cant find the deals for this week, i did find a steam sales with 300 plus games, but there was nothing cheap in it (49 cents or so) to try.
Post edited June 21, 2016 by gamesfreak64
gamesfreak64: somehow i cant find the deals for this week
That's because the summer sale begins in two days.
gamesfreak64: somehow i cant find the deals for this week
Grargar: That's because the summer sale begins in two days.
I almost forgot that :D, thanks for the reply.
Maybe it's just me, but it seems there's been a trend recently, of devs/publishers re-releasing their "old" games with a few changes and calling it a special or enhanced version, while resetting the price point back to the original release price. ( Even if the game is already several years old, and has been sold dirt cheap on several occasions. )

In this particular case, it sounds like most of the "enhancements" could as well have been distributed via a simple free patch for the original, classic version.

The game itself looks fairly interesting, but not the 20 bucks kind of interesting.
It's great to have this here! I believe this is Deep Silver's first day-one release on GOG (for the Director's Cut, technically), glad they're getting more comfortable with DRM-free releases. :-)
CharlesGrey: Maybe it's just me, but it seems there's been a trend recently, of devs/publishers re-releasing their "old" games with a few changes and calling it a special or enhanced version, while resetting the price point back to the original release price. ( Even if the game is already several years old, and has been sold dirt cheap on several occasions. )
Nope, I've been thinking that as well.

> The game doesn't sell that much any more, even when it's on sale.
> Prettify the game and put a "Director's Cut" tag or something on it.
> Reset the base price and the discount range.

It's a milking strategy, and I find that absolutely disgusting. Even more so than Bethesda's Skyrim Special Edition because, even though it doesn't add anything significant to warrant a "new" game, they will grant a free upgrade to PC users who own all the DLC. And Bethesda is a AAA company! Usually, it's the opposite: AAA companies don't really care about us, while indie studios are rather customer-friendly.
CharlesGrey: Maybe it's just me, but it seems there's been a trend recently, of devs/publishers re-releasing their "old" games with a few changes and calling it a special or enhanced version, while resetting the price point back to the original release price. ( Even if the game is already several years old, and has been sold dirt cheap on several occasions. )

In this particular case, it sounds like most of the "enhancements" could as well have been distributed via a simple free patch for the original, classic version.

The game itself looks fairly interesting, but not the 20 bucks kind of interesting.
Since it's not the same publisher, it's kind of even worse IMO.
Nope, I'm staying away from this re-release! I wish you luck DS, selling at a full price once again a game which is 4 y.o.
So, this looks like your average we-ported-it-to-the-nextgen-consoles "Redux" "Directors Cut" "Whatever Edition" and re-released it for the PC as well. I got this in a bundle some time ago (even DRM free). The game itself is pretty good, but I do not see a reason to buy it again.
Deadlight (original game)
i was curious and bought it on steam at 2.39 sales (11.99 listprice)

The original game looks smaller, graphics look less animated then the directors cut, but the game is just as short, a walkthrough was 3 parts on youtube 2 of abouuyt 15 tot 25 minutes and one > 1 hour thats 2 tot 4 hours if you dont rush it. I played a few minutes cause i wanted to see how the effects and motions were.
The game itself is not bad, the story although having a bad end (i dont like bad ends in movies , books or games)
is okay, the controls with mouse/keyboard are definetly not the listprice 11.99 for the old game is way to high aswell, 4.99 would fit the game better, thats why i got it a 2.39, to try it.

Deadlight: Director's Cut
At 19.99 its way to expensive, the reviews at steam are almost the same , and the controls sem just as bad,
and the game is way too expensive, most gamers seem to agree on that one.

So i wont be buying this game, maybe in 5 years or so at 3 euro sale.

Its a bit sad that so many new games arrive drm free, and most of them are less then average and overpriced, while there are so many old games still left somewhere to arrive here DRM free, games of which most have already proved they were good.
Anyway i am waiting and hope for more old games to arrive, current games on upcoming tab are mostly if not all also new releases, most is 3d or fpp so thats a no buy for me aswell.