It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Guilt never truly dies.

<span class="bold">Deadlight: Director's Cut</span>, the enhanced edition of the moody, zombie-blasting side scroller, is available now, DRM-free on GOG.com with a 15% launch discount.

It's 1986 and the world has ended. Half-eaten corpses fill the streets, as scavengers move about like shadows, looking for the means or a reason to stay alive in this hellish reflection of Seattle. Randall Wayne already has a reason: his family is out there and to reach them he is prepared to blast, punch, or blow up every last bastard that dares stand in his way - undead or otherwise.
The brutal encounters and the tense chase sequences now feel smoother than ever, as Director's Cut brings more responsive controls and additional animations. Whenever you feel like stepping out of the wonderfully oppressive story, you can fire up the added Survival Arena mode to cut down the zombie hordes with new devastating weapons and conquer the leaderboards. It's definitely something to reminisce when you browse through the Developer Diaries or the atmospheric art-book.

Delve deep into the bleak world of flesh-eating shadows with <span class="bold">Deadlight: Director's Cut</span>, available now DRM-free on GOG.com. The 15% discount will last until June 28, 06:59 AM UTC.

Twitch alert + Giveaway
Join Outstarwalker on <span class="bold">twitch.tv/gogcom</span> on Tuesday, June 21, 4 PM UTC/ 12 PM EDT for some post apocalyptic action and a chance to win 5 GOG.com codes of Deadlight: Director's Cut, courtesy of Deep Silver.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/CxYJHewB2Zs
Post edited June 21, 2016 by maladr0Id
deleted
omega64: Seems like the fixed the controls and added some arena mode.
Doesn't sound like the fixed the middle third of the game that just had terrible level design.
Is it any good with mouse+ keyboard? 2D games are usually better with a controller, although Mark of the ninja and Dust an elysian tale had great mouse+keyboard controls.
Is there something in the middle third of the game you mentioned that is gamebreaking?
Deep Silver, not cool, not cool at all. Where's mah Saints Row IV?
Sorry.

On a serious note, only 15% off?
It's a good game don't get me wrong, but it is 4 years old (the original), I'll wait for a higher discount I guess.

Neat to see it on gog though.
omega64: Seems like the fixed the controls and added some arena mode.
Doesn't sound like the fixed the middle third of the game that just had terrible level design.
Siegor: Is it any good with mouse+ keyboard? 2D games are usually better with a controller, although Mark of the ninja and Dust an elysian tale had great mouse+keyboard controls.
Is there something in the middle third of the game you mentioned that is gamebreaking?
Just keyboard from what I remember.
Pretty sure both worked fine.

The middle part of the game you enter the sewers where someone has set up lots of traps.
Have fun jumping at the right time while sliding down and instantly dying and being reset to the last checkpoint if you don't jump in time.

Just irritating level design really.
The first part of the game is mostly atmosphere, some zombies sure but the way everything is handled works quite well.
I didn't know there was a director's cut.

Anyway, the game has already been elsewhere for a long time so I already bought it before. I'll put it on my wishlist and maybe rebuy it if I really like it when I take the time to play it.
catpower1980: I didn't know there was a director's cut.

Anyway, the game has already been elsewhere for a long time so I already bought it before. I'll put it on my wishlist and maybe rebuy it if I really like it when I take the time to play it.
There wasn't, this is a new release.
omega64: Just keyboard from what I remember.

The middle part of the game you enter the sewers where someone has set up lots of traps.
Have fun jumping at the right time while sliding down and instantly dying and being reset to the last checkpoint if you don't jump in time.

The first part of the game is mostly atmosphere, some zombies sure but the way everything is handled works quite well.
Thanks for the insightful input. I guess I'll pass for now.
high rated
I can give you a few impressions about the game so that you can evaluate it whether you want to buy it or not.

First thing you should know is that it’s a platformer game. Puzzle part is rather limited and in most cases related to platforming. So if you get stuck it’s not because you don’t know what to do but rather you lack some precision to perform a complicated action in a short time window. Just don’t get me wrong - puzzle part is still quite enjoyable and outsmarting Shadows and other potential enemies is rewarding (tip: avoid fighting as much as you can!)

And thus we reach the second point: Shadows. Nice name, huh? Forget it. They are zombies as generic as it can get. Stupid, restless, easy to kill when alone, deadly in groups. The good news is it’s not a generic shooter so even if you are already sick of zombies (I certainly am) you may still enjoy the game (I did). The bad news is that the plot of the game is built on a typical zombie-virus-outbreak scenario and resulting difficult moral choices and no win-win situations are not interesting anymore.

So - the third point - the plot of the game is rather banal and even some twists cannot make it better. The atmosphere, however, is a different story. 2.5D visuals is where the game shines and thus you can really feel the struggle of a few survivors trying to get to a safe point. So yeah, that was actually the best part of the game. A constant sense of danger was a nice touch and goes well with hectic platforming sections.

And the last point - the original game was rather short. I believe I finished it within three hours. I think the game has next to none replay value - you may try to find some missed secrets but I got ~90% in a first run without trying hard to do so. As far as I can see Director’s Cut version add a survival mode but frankly it’s not something I would like to play so I’m not going to buy it again. If you, however, don’t own it yet and a platforming game like the original Prince of Persia + beautiful atmospheric visuals is something you may like then give it a try. It’s an enjoyable game no matter how short it is.
Bogus separate game release, as an existing Steam owner, I'm supposed to pay full price for this patch, sold as separate game.

I won't pay a penny for a patch sold as stand alone, and the thing is if they had given existing Steam Owners this patch for free, I would have bought the GOG release today, obliged by my personal commitment, to get every GOG release of games I own on Steam.
So the blatant greed has lost them that sale.

Stupid thing is, many existing owners complained about the separate release, because they didn't get a 75%, discount, and/or said they would get it when in a sale with 75%.

They don't get it, if they pay for patches and updates, at any price, they will be sold patches and updates at any price.
Only refusing to buy at any price, will stop this double dipping.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/211400/

2011 game had many irky controls and other bad things according to a lot of reviews on Steam
there was a lot inf instad death and more fun like that.

the funny thing is that after the rating system had been updated it makes the game look better : 7,406 + 1,660 = 9.066

Positive (7,406) Negative (1,660)

Recent: Mostly Positive (100 reviews) Overall: Very Positive (9,066 reviews)

So now the 2011 game wen from 7406 positive and 1,660 negative which was about 20% (roughly) is now converted by the new rating system to: Overall: Very Positive (9,066 reviews)

If you dont look at the other numbers or only notice: Overall: Very Positive (9,066 reviews)
this will give a very bad 'review'

Anyway... i wonder what changed (besides adding extra bonus like videos and stuff like that) regarding gaming experience , is it a pactched game with far better controls, better movements, or just polished and added bonuus things like videos.

omega64: Just keyboard from what I remember.

Siegor: Thanks for the insightful input. I guess I'll pass for now.
Same here, besides , it looks real but i guess there will be lots of light effects and more like that, i guess i might try it one day at 4 bucks ..... cause i googled but ofcourse there is no playable demo of it :D, at least i wasnt able to find one.
I read: more responsive controls and additional animations.
That could be insta death only 4 times instead of the normal 11 times, or maybe glitch 7 times instead of 12 times.
A playable demo would really help us out, video's wont do, they cant let you experience the game, you have to be in control in order to be able to decide to buy a game.
Post edited June 21, 2016 by gamesfreak64
UhuruNUru: Bogus separate game release, as an existing Steam owner, I'm supposed to pay full price for this patch, sold as separate game.

I won't pay a penny for a patch sold as stand alone, and the thing is if they had given existing Steam Owners this patch for free, I would have bought the GOG release today, obliged by my personal commitment, to get every GOG release of games I own on Steam.
So the blatant greed has lost them that sale.

Stupid thing is, many existing owners complained about the separate release, because they didn't get a 75%, discount, and/or said they would get it when in a sale with 75%.

They don't get it, if they pay for patches and updates, at any price, they will be sold patches and updates at any price.
Only refusing to buy at any price, will stop this double dipping.
imho patches / updates (besides real extra content like missons or so) should be free at all times.

Game demos should be available for every game devs release, google for any demo of any game , you will find all kind of links, even weird links to full, but no demo?
I really think developers should provide playable demos, we the paying gamers are entitled to have a playable demo for each game beiing released, we dont need a playable demo after they solds a gazillion copies first cause no on needs a demo when he has the full game bought already.
Anyways 99% believes demo prevents gamers from buying a game? nonsense, if a game is good a playable demo wont hurt any sales.
catpower1980: I didn't know there was a director's cut.

omega64: There wasn't, this is a new release.
More of the same game but with minor additons and a lot of videos (??? videos ) and maybe some slighty control fixes?
Original 4-6 hours play, thats not much now isnt it? :D
If they would sell the old version (2011) at 2 euros at steam , i buy it, install it play it and then i can decide to buy the directors cut, cause they wont give us demos, we will have to buy extreme sales versions at steam, check it play , and if good dump it and buy gog version.

Thats why i buy many new point an clickgames at steam sales (2 to 3 bucks ) cause there are no demos of all point and click games, i got randalls monday and i decide its okay so i bought it this month at gog sales.

So steam is mainly used for casual games and for games that have demos and are at gog, i get a demo at steam, play it and buy it here at GOG.
So steam is a fancy demogames site for me.

Ghorpm: I can give you a few impressions about the game so that you can evaluate it whether you want to buy it or not.

First thing you should know is that it’s a platformer game. Puzzle part is rather limited and in most cases related to platforming. So if you get stuck it’s not because you don’t know what to do but rather you lack some precision to perform a complicated action in a short time window. Just don’t get me wrong - puzzle part is still quite enjoyable and outsmarting Shadows and other potential enemies is rewarding (tip: avoid fighting as much as you can!)

And thus we reach the second point: Shadows. Nice name, huh? Forget it. They are zombies as generic as it can get. Stupid, restless, easy to kill when alone, deadly in groups. The good news is it’s not a generic shooter so even if you are already sick of zombies (I certainly am) you may still enjoy the game (I did). The bad news is that the plot of the game is built on a typical zombie-virus-outbreak scenario and resulting difficult moral choices and no win-win situations are not interesting anymore.

So - the third point - the plot of the game is rather banal and even some twists cannot make it better. The atmosphere, however, is a different story. 2.5D visuals is where the game shines and thus you can really feel the struggle of a few survivors trying to get to a safe point. So yeah, that was actually the best part of the game. A constant sense of danger was a nice touch and goes well with hectic platforming sections.

And the last point - the original game was rather short. I believe I finished it within three hours. I think the game has next to none replay value - you may try to find some missed secrets but I got ~90% in a first run without trying hard to do so. As far as I can see Director’s Cut version add a survival mode but frankly it’s not something I would like to play so I’m not going to buy it again. If you, however, don’t own it yet and a platforming game like the original Prince of Persia + beautiful atmospheric visuals is something you may like then give it a try. It’s an enjoyable game no matter how short it is.
prince of persia, i only liked the first game (pixel one) and i guess the second was also a non 3d game, so i be only buying the classic ones, not 3d.
Nice. Have been longtime waiting for this. But the sale killed my budget so it will go on the wishlist.
Would be nice to have on GOG Connect and to give a loyalty discount to existing owners of the old release...
So, anyone instabuying this game sofar ?
I see many request for games, but if and when its released many dont seem to buy it, thats strange.

I been waiting for 4 secretfiles games, if these arrive, i'd be buying them, same goes for LH and LH2 (losthorizon)
i own the drm versions which i can play, i used the demo exe :D

Deepsilver ? :D
Secret Files: Tunguska, is a point-and-click adventure game developed by Fusionsphere Systems and Animation Arts and published by Deep Silver for Microsoft Windows, Nintendo DS, Wii, iOS, Android and Wii U. Wikipedia

Lost Horizon is a historical point-and-click adventure video game developed by Animation Arts and published by Deep Silver in 2010 for Microsoft Windows. On October 8, 2013, Animation Arts announced that a sequel for Lost Horizon is in development. Wikipedia
Initial release date: August 20, 2010
Developer: Animation Arts
Publisher: Deep Silver
Genre: Adventure game
Platform: Microsoft Windows

So deepsilver could you please release the secret files here? and LH 1+2 aswell please, thank you.