It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

An apocalyptic space-time adventure.

<span class="bold">Dead Synchronicity: Tomorrow Comes Today</span>, a post-apocalyptic point and click adventure, is available now for Windows and Mac OS X (Linux version incoming!) DRM-free on GOG.com with a 10% launch discount.

<span class="bold">Dead Synchronicity: Tomorrow Comes Today</span> has at one point been described as "Guybrush meets Mad Max meets 12 Monkeys". It's a classic point and click adventure with a dark, mature twist. A series of terrible natural cataclysms and a lethal pandemic strike humanity and nearly wipe it off the face of the earth: a post post-apocalyptic vision that knows no mercy, and as such you should expect to see none. You can, however, expect a unique art style, an impressive open point-and-click world, and an atmospheric layer of sound, as you try to save the remains of your world before time itself… dissolves.

Do you enjoy being haunted by the sounds of Dead Synchronicity? You can also buy your own copy of the official soundtrack on GOG.com.

Space time distortions, concentration camps, and societies in shreds await in <span class="bold">Dead Synchronicity: Tomorrow Comes Today</span>, available now DRM-free on GOG.com! The launch discount will last until Friday, April 17, at 9:59 AM GMT.

#DYSTOTWEET CONTEST UPDATE
Tweet your own 140-character dystopian story inspired by the image we posted in the announcement tweet and use the tag #dystotweet for a chance to win developer goodies and GOG.com $9.99 game codes!

We'll be tracking your social media entries until Monday, April 13th at 11:59 AM GMT and pick a winner before next Friday!
Must own the base game to get the soundtrack? Change your stupid DLC system, GOG...
RadonGOG: The unreasoned complains about the regional pricement will never stop, will they?

Just for the record:
GOGs fair price package makes up any financial difference. What it cannot make up are the differences in BONITY, but these do only matter if you don´t buy often. If you buy a regional priced game first AND than a non-regional priced game right afterwards, there isn´t even a difference at all! (as long as the non-regionalpriced game is not pricier than your amount of store credit)
No, as the regional pricing exists in the form we have now, I won't stop complaining.

And we told you more than once why we think it's wrong and why the fair price package doesn't make a difference. You know exactly that it isn't about the money, but about principles (principles that GOG shared for a very long time).
You don't agree and that's fine for me. But please don't tell us what is reasoned and what not. Our point of view is as valid as yours.
RadonGOG: The unreasoned complains about the regional pricement will never stop, will they?

Just for the record:
GOGs fair price package makes up any financial difference. What it cannot make up are the differences in BONITY, but these do only matter if you don´t buy often. If you buy a regional priced game first AND than a non-regional priced game right afterwards, there isn´t even a difference at all! (as long as the non-regionalpriced game is not pricier than your amount of store credit)
PaterAlf: No, as the regional pricing exists in the form we have now, I won't stop complaining.

And we told you more than once why we think it's wrong and why the fair price package doesn't make a difference. You know exactly that it isn't about the money, but about principles (principles that GOG shared for a very long time).
You don't agree and that's fine for me. But please don't tell us what is reasoned and what not. Our point of view is as valid as yours.
So: If it´s about principles it would be nice if you could finally decide what exactly did hurt THE PRINCIPLE!
I agree on that what GOG first intended definitely was wrong and struck GOGs principles, but I cannot understand neither ACCEPT what is wrong with the current system GOG chosen unless you finally decide to reveal your arguments!

Course you either HAVE to have something in the backhand, otherwise all this wouldn´t make any sence!
RadonGOG: So: If it´s about principles it would be nice if you could finally decide what exactly did hurt THE PRINCIPLE!
I agree on that what GOG first intended definitely was wrong and struck GOGs principles, but I cannot understand neither ACCEPT what is wrong with the current system GOG chosen unless you finally decide to reveal your arguments!

Course you either HAVE to have something in the backhand, otherwise all this wouldn´t make any sence!
So I have to explain it again: I think that regional pricing the way it is done is wrong and shouldn't be done. But instead of fighting it (like they did in the past), GOG is embracing that system and by offering the fair price package, they even encourage developers and publishers to use it. GOG has to pay the difference out of it's own pocket (which I don't think is right) and in the end it will damages themselves and leaves the developers/publishers and an unwelcome pricing practice untouched.
RadonGOG: So: If it´s about principles it would be nice if you could finally decide what exactly did hurt THE PRINCIPLE!

PaterAlf: So I have to explain it again: I think that regional pricing the way it is done is wrong and shouldn't be done. But instead of fighting it (like they did in the past), GOG is embracing that system and by offering the fair price package, they even encourage developers and publishers to use it. GOG has to pay the difference out of it's own pocket (which I don't think is right) and in the end it will damages themselves and leaves the developers/publishers and an unwelcome pricing practice untouched.
I know the rest and I totally understand that part. But you still haven´t explain the central part I asked for, this part: " I think that regional pricing the way it is done is wrong and shouldn't be done. "
The rest of your argumentation is all right and would clearly convince me to your point that there are several views. But I´m sure you understand: Without getting to know that crucial part the rest is completely worthless!
still some fuss about prices?
i read a lot op topics and replies about it.

But after reading almost all i still don't get what the real problem is:

is the problem that all listprices of all games have gone up compared to a while ago?
is the problem that 1 euro is not 1 dollar?

example: DEAD SYNCHRONICITY: TOMORROW COMES TODAY

€19.99 NOW €17.99
You save €2.00 (10%)

€1.50 OFF ANY FUTURE PURCHASE. You get bonus store credit (our Fair Price Package) to offset the regional pricing.

dollars:

$21.79 NOW $19.59
You save $2.20 (10%)
$1.60 OFF ANY FUTURE PURCHASE. You get bonus store credit (our Fair Price Package) to offset the regional pricing.

so theres compensation by GOG
and of course like most users replied this should not come out of GOGs pocket
But if this is the way GOG compensates us for some games its their choice

Maybe some gamedevs/distrubutors are just a bit ';greedy'?
there numerous topics about pricing all over the internet on many sites , but there's nothing we can do about it. just let the company handle it.

No one forces us to buy anything at any price, so i still dont see the point in all the prices dicussions, Pillars cheapest version is too expensive for me, so i wait patiently till there might be a sale (21 euros or so be a nice price)
if it will never come i can live with that, i have plenty good games here on gog i can play for the next years to come.

So pricing is the least of my concern if i can afford it and the game is a game i like i buy it, if i cant afford it i wont buy it
and will wait for a sales to come around.

I am a patient man, i can wait.
high rated
RadonGOG: I know the rest and I totally understand that part. But you still haven´t explain the central part I asked for, this part: " I think that regional pricing the way it is done is wrong and shouldn't be done. "
The rest of your argumentation is all right and would clearly convince me to your point that there are several views. But I´m sure you understand: Without getting to know that crucial part the rest is completely worthless!
You really want to know why I think that regional pricing the way it's done is wrong? That has been explained a million time in a lot of threads. The way it is done only a very few selected countries (Russia and some Ex-Soviet countries) get a discount. These countries are by far not the poorest countries in the world. All Afcican coutries for example have to pay full price. how's that fair? Besides that not everybody in a "rich" country is wealthy and not everybody in a poor country is poor. So the actual regional pricing extremely prefers rich people in poor countries and penalizes poor people in so-called rich countries. And even within countries there a very different regions. You can't compare the rural parts of Russia with Moscow and Munich with Leipzig (two give you just examples for two countries). If you want to be regional pricing even halfway fair, it would have to be much more complex and you would need hundreds of different regions.

Hope that's enough of an answer. I really don't want to derail this thread even more. If you want to go on with the discussion, let's do it in the regional pricing thread.
Post edited April 10, 2015 by PaterAlf
RadonGOG: I know the rest and I totally understand that part. But you still haven´t explain the central part I asked for, this part: " I think that regional pricing the way it is done is wrong and shouldn't be done. "
PaterAlf: You really want to know why I think that regional pricing the way it's done is wrong? That has been explained a million time in a lot of threads. The way it is done only a very few selected countries (Russia and some Ex-Soviet countries) get a discount. These countries are by far not the poorest countries in the world. All Afcican coutries for example have to pay full price. how's that fair? Besides that not everybody in a "rich" country is wealthy and not everybody in a poor country is poor. So the actual regional pricing extremely prefers rich people in poor countries and penalizes poor people in so-called rich countries. And even within countries there a very different regions. You can't compare the rural parts of Russia with Moscow and Munich with Leipzig (two give you just examples for two countries). If you want to be regional pricing even halfway fair, it would have to be much more complex and you would need hundreds of different regions.

Hope that's enough of an answer. I really don't want to derail this thread even more. If you want to go on with the discussion, let's do it in the regional pricing thread.
A +1 to you, Sir.
W00t, thanks for offering the chance to redeem KS key here! I look forward to see how this cutie ended up.
PaterAlf: You really want to know why I think that regional pricing the way it's done is wrong? That has been explained a million time in a lot of threads. The way it is done only a very few selected countries (Russia and some Ex-Soviet countries) get a discount. These countries are by far not the poorest countries in the world. All Afcican coutries for example have to pay full price. how's that fair? Besides that not everybody in a "rich" country is wealthy and not everybody in a poor country is poor. So the actual regional pricing extremely prefers rich people in poor countries and penalizes poor people in so-called rich countries. And even within countries there a very different regions. You can't compare the rural parts of Russia with Moscow and Munich with Leipzig (two give you just examples for two countries). If you want to be regional pricing even halfway fair, it would have to be much more complex and you would need hundreds of different regions.

Well, if you can link that one...
(yes, I wanna have more discussion on that!)
GOG , I think your soundtrack pricing might be broke for £, considering it's £2.79 on steam :)

£18.99 NOW £17.09
You save £1.90 (10%)

£14.60 OFF ANY FUTURE PURCHASE. You get bonus store credit (our Fair Price Package) to offset the regional pricing.
RadonGOG: Well, if you can link that one...
(yes, I wanna have more discussion on that!)
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/regional_priced_games_on_gog
stg83: snip
Looks like they heard you and changed it +1
opticq: Looks like they heard you and changed it +1
Yeah, didn't expect them to fix that so its good that they are atleast being honest about the goodies now. :)
Yay! Another happy backer redeeming the game code on GOG.

About the game, I'll try to write a review on the game page as soon as I finish it. Read the one by RPS and it did seems like there's some problems with the game, but I rather test it myself. The story seems to compensate for the few tough puzzles, at least I hope so.

Just for info, the team of Dead Synchronicity only looked ahead to put the game on GOG because of backers asking to do so. I believe many game developers around the world only know about steam and will care to add their games to other online stores if there's people asking them to do so.

I don't mean to return on the discussion but as I was reading the previous posts, I also think the same about regional priced games. People can complain a lot on a game thread on GOG, but in the end there's no one here looking that can make a difference*. The message has to get directly to those who can change things, that's companies like Daedalic, which I believe is the one who makes this kind of call on this particular release.

*well, GOG can make a difference somehow, but certainly not by saying something like "there's 50 or so people** on GOG's forum complaining about regional price so we can't sell your game here", to which the answer will probably be "that's fine, will sell it on steam them, to a few thousand** who will buy the game anyway".

**numbers are thrown at random, just to have an example of quantities.