It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Keep your soldiers close, keep your enemies closer.

The Close Combat series has arrived, DRM-free and up to 65% off on GOG.com.
Bridge Too Far, The Russian Front, and The Battle of the Bulge, three legendary top-down RTS classics chronicling the gruesome battles of WWII are finally back, exclusively on GOG.com. Known for their snappy AI, realistic sound design and well-researched scenarios, Close Combat games let you side with either the Germans or the Allies as you pull off smart tactical maneuvers and desperate acts of heroism.

Additionally, two of the recent entries in the series, Gateway to Caen and Panthers in the Fog, bring a modern touch to your real-time WWII battles. Relive or change history as you experience the British assault on the aftermath of the Normandy landings and the ruthlessness of the desperate German counterattack at Mortain.

The discounts last until February 13, 2PM UTC.
Looked at Matrix site and found some quite interesting games there:

Close Combat - Modern Tactics
Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach
Carrier Deck
Afghanistan '11
Hornet Leader PC
Hired Guns: The Jagged Edge
Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon - Collector's Edition
Gettysburg: The Tide Turns

Well, if this games will arrive at GOG - this would be very interesting year! :)
Post edited February 12, 2018 by Andrey82
GOG.com: Keep your soldiers close, keep your enemies closer.

Bridge Too Far, The Russian Front, and The Battle of the Bulge, three legendary top-down RTS classics chronicling the gruesome battles of WWII are finally back, exclusively on GOG.com. Known for their snappy AI, realistic sound design and well-researched scenarios, Close Combat games let you side with either the Germans or the Allies as you pull off smart tactical maneuvers and desperate acts of heroism.

Additionally, two of the recent entries in the series, Gateway to Caen and Panthers in the Fog, bring a modern touch to your real-time WWII battles. Relive or change history as you experience the British assault on the aftermath of the Normandy landings and the ruthlessness of the desperate German counterattack at Mortain.

Purchased Bridge to Far, and it has stability issues. Any work arounds for those? The game crashes after the first battle as either Germans or Allies. Just need to know if I need to tweak some settings to get the game more stable. Thanks for any feedback
dudalb: I was pretty surprised to see these here since I thought that Matrix had an exclusive deal to distribute SLitherine games,but I guess that contract expired and Slitherine can now pretty much distriubute it's games through any company it wants to;

I have the Matrix versions of CC 2,3,4,and "The Longest Day" (the grealty expanded remake of CC 5...now it covers all of D Day, not just Utah Beach,) and since the Matrix versions include the original games as a bonus so I will probably give the GOG versions a miss for now. (BTW the Matrix versions are pretty much DRM free; they have a number code a lot like the old CD codes you need to install the games, but once installed you don't need the code and as long as you have the CD code and the downloaded installer you have unlimited installs of the games).

But I am VERY interested that GOG is working with some old SSI people on bringing Steel Panthers here.
I would love for gog to do a updated version of SP:WAW....
Matrix & Slitherine are one company. We have been since 2010 :)

We're still working with the old SSI team and have been for 15 years. We've got 2 games in development and around 8 already released :)
GOG.com: Keep your soldiers close, keep your enemies closer.

richardarnold799: Purchased Bridge to Far, and it has stability issues. Any work arounds for those? The game crashes after the first battle as either Germans or Allies. Just need to know if I need to tweak some settings to get the game more stable. Thanks for any feedback
If the issue is with the old releases GoG are the people to talk to. If with the new ones please contact our support team.
Post edited February 14, 2018 by IainMcNeil
Close Combat 5 Crashes on alt-tab from Win 8 and up. I think that's why it's not here. If you are able to fix it it would be great. Also if you could also enable mods like this ones it would be fantastic

www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Downloads&cid=1
Andrey82: Looked at Matrix site and found some quite interesting games there:

Hornet Leader PC
Hornet Leader is a very good solo boardgame, I can recommend it.

Hornet Leader
Post edited February 21, 2018 by MaGo72