It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The second coming of the classic RTS series.

Three more Close Combat games have arrived, DRM-free and up to 50% off until March 27, 1PM UTC.
Modern Tactics, Cross of Iron, and Invasion: Normandy - Utah Beach to Cherbourg join our ranks, bringing the Close Combat invasion closer to completion.

Invasion: Normandy - Utah Beach to Cherbourg, available exclusively on GOG.com, recreates the pivotal amphibious campaign launched by the Allied forces on the northern shore of France, in a desperate attempt to breach Germany's defenses.

Cross of Iron is an enhanced version of Close Combat 3: The Russian Front, featuring better visuals and sound, alongside some light RPG elements, like veteran troops that gain extra skills after surviving a battle.

Modern Tactics introduces a more contemporary setting to the series, with 25 scenarios inspired by real or fictional events of our times, playing out in top-down fashion. Also included is a scenario editor that allows you to set up your very own skirmishes.

Purchase any of the Close Combat games on GOG.com to get the original Close Combat as a bonus goodie.

If you have some series catching up to do, check out our special Close Combat sale, which ends March 26, 10PM UTC.
SansearVX: Very low hardware requirements but these are not compatible with minimum SO, can't run windows 7 with a 133MHz processor and 32MB RAM.
badon: I'm not sure what you're trying to say. 133 MHz is far lower than my test system at 1.33 GHz. 1.33 GHz is the same as 1330 MHz, and it's 100 times faster than 133 MHz. A 133 MHz CPU was valuable hardware circa 1996, but today you might have difficulty finding a modern device with a CPU that runs that slow. A PC made today might have more "power" than that in many of its minor components.
Just to say a copy and paste of windows 7 minimum requeriments are more realistic than these numbers, sounds as a mistake to list hardware that cant even run the SO alone. On a side note my old pc for games are far better(3.33GHz, 3GB RAM) but with XP for SO to get working a bunch of original games not from GOG, the Close Combat series version here asks for windows 7(guess this is for GOG Galaxy compability) so is not for me now since my newer PC are really whitout space.
NebuchadnezzarII: Did anyone get Close Combat 1 to work for Win10?
duxcorvan: It works just fine for me, running it with Windows 7 compatibility, 256 colors and admin rights. It runs in a window. One thing I've seen though, is that it seems to run extremely fast. Just ran the tutorials, and things look too speedy.
Thanks for the advice. However when I try to start the game it states that it requires Indeo 4.1 to display the videos. Did you have this problem?
duxcorvan: It works just fine for me, running it with Windows 7 compatibility, 256 colors and admin rights. It runs in a window. One thing I've seen though, is that it seems to run extremely fast. Just ran the tutorials, and things look too speedy.
NebuchadnezzarII: Thanks for the advice. However when I try to start the game it states that it requires Indeo 4.1 to display the videos. Did you have this problem?
Nope. And I don't think I have ever installed such an old thing like Indeo in this rig. Maybe some other game enabled it for me. Look at this link, it may help you:

https://github.com/juanitogan/rbxit/wiki/Indeo-Video-codec-install
Post edited March 22, 2018 by duxcorvan
Cross of Iron is massively overpriced, but the remake of CC 5 The Longest Day, is worth every penny. It covers all of D Day, includes all the beaches, American and British, and is a vast improvement on CC5.
ikrananka: So, great to see more Close Combat games coming to GOG. Also, nice to see that the original Close Combat is here with an admission that it will not work on Windows 10. BUT, what I would like GOG to do is to admit that CC2 also does not work with Windows 10. It may start up and allow you to play a mission but try and proceed beyond that in a campaign game and it will always crash.

Also, with so many Close Combat games now on GOG would it not make sense for each to get its own separate forum instead of grouping all of them into a single "series" forum.
And more to come, since the coming of Cross Of iron indicates that the Matrrix versions of CC2 ,4,and 5 will come here.
Hicks233: Better of with the original CC3 as well. Bang "Der Ost Front" on top and you've outdone Cross of Iron.
Have you tried running mods on GOG versions?

I've been seeing reports of non-compatibility issues. Might sit down this weekend to see for myself, since KC:D appears to need another week or two for Warhorse to address some issues I ran into.

dudalb: Cross of Iron is massively overpriced, but the remake of CC 5 The Longest Day, is worth every penny. It covers all of D Day, includes all the beaches, American and British, and is a vast improvement on CC5.
To be honest, I'm rather tired of the Western Front settings.

I've been hoping for a Pacific or Africa campaign (if not Balkans and Middle East) for over a decade now.
Post edited March 23, 2018 by Lukaszmik
Hicks233: Better of with the original CC3 as well. Bang "Der Ost Front" on top and you've outdone Cross of Iron.
Lukaszmik: Have you tried running mods on GOG versions?

I've been seeing reports of non-compatibility issues. Might sit down this weekend to see for myself, since KC:D appears to need another week or two for Warhorse to address some issues I ran into.

dudalb: Cross of Iron is massively overpriced, but the remake of CC 5 The Longest Day, is worth every penny. It covers all of D Day, includes all the beaches, American and British, and is a vast improvement on CC5.
Lukaszmik: To be honest, I'm rather tired of the Western Front settings.

I've been hoping for a Pacific or Africa campaign (if not Balkans and Middle East) for over a decade now.
I'm in a similar spot to you while I wait for Kingdom Come to receive some more patching.

CC3 from GOG *seems* to run quite happily with mods. I've had issues with certain mods; Poland '39 but I had the same issue with the retail release of CC3.

CC5 can be a bit more strange. Normally I would swap over the data files into the root directory and then run it from the root executable. This time with the GOG release [in most cases] I can have the mods in their own folder and run them from their own executable. Stalingrad was the exception so far as I needed to keep the CC5 retail .iso mounted for that one.

I only really use CC3 for Der Ost Front so haven't poked and prodded too much with it.

CC5 works with VetBoB Ardennes, Afrika '40 and Gold Juno Sword. I'm still to test Meuse and Okinawa.
Post edited March 23, 2018 by Hicks233
NebuchadnezzarII: Thanks for the advice. However when I try to start the game it states that it requires Indeo 4.1 to display the videos. Did you have this problem?
duxcorvan: Nope. And I don't think I have ever installed such an old thing like Indeo in this rig. Maybe some other game enabled it for me. Look at this link, it may help you:

Thanks for your help. It didn't help and I still get the same message but I thank you for your assistance nonetheless. hopefully they'll fix it so that the rest of us can run it on win10.
Hicks233: CC3 from GOG *seems* to run quite happily with mods.
Thank you very much - as informative as appreciated.
duxcorvan: Nope. And I don't think I have ever installed such an old thing like Indeo in this rig. Maybe some other game enabled it for me. Look at this link, it may help you:

NebuchadnezzarII: Thanks for your help. It didn't help and I still get the same message but I thank you for your assistance nonetheless. hopefully they'll fix it so that the rest of us can run it on win10.
Something else you may want to try is making sure you have a "Videos" folder in the root directory - even if there are no files in it.

Then hold down the ctrl key when opening the game's shortcut. This *should* take you to the options screen. Disable videos, then restart. Hopefully this works.
Hicks233: CC3 from GOG *seems* to run quite happily with mods.
Lukaszmik: Thank you very much - as informative as appreciated.
No problem. Close Combat has always been something of an awkward game series so it would be odd if there weren't some headaches getting things running.

It at least gave me the motivation to look more closely through the data files, the 17pdr in Gold Juno Sword now does the damage it is supposed to, the 6pdr had also been neutered in the files. Ammunition capacities and rounds in bursts with Ardennes... there's lots of tinkering that can be done.

If there are problems getting things working I'm sure myself or others will be happy to help try and get them running.

A commander shouldn't be separated from his M5A1 Stuart for longer than he has to.

This one likes to chew up Panzers.

https://i.imgur.com/CxLJfgA.jpg
Post edited March 23, 2018 by Hicks233
Hicks233: Sadly no dice :/
Hicks233: A commander shouldn't be separated from his M5A1 Stuart for longer than he has to.

German Commander: HAX! HAAAAX! ;)
Hicks233: A commander shouldn't be separated from his M5A1 Stuart for longer than he has to.

Lukaszmik: German Commander: HAX! HAAAAX! ;)
Tommy found his flamethrower. Here Kitty Kitty...

https://i.imgur.com/ngzEAeT.jpg
NebuchadnezzarII: Hicks233: Sadly no dice :/
Did it give you any error message or sound? Would it be an option for you to run the game in a virtual machine?
Post edited March 26, 2018 by Hicks233
badon: I'm not sure what you're trying to say. 133 MHz is far lower than my test system at 1.33 GHz. 1.33 GHz is the same as 1330 MHz, and it's 100 times faster than 133 MHz. A 133 MHz CPU was valuable hardware circa 1996, but today you might have difficulty finding a modern device with a CPU that runs that slow. A PC made today might have more "power" than that in many of its minor components.
SansearVX: Just to say a copy and paste of windows 7 minimum requeriments are more realistic than these numbers, sounds as a mistake to list hardware that cant even run the SO alone. On a side note my old pc for games are far better(3.33GHz, 3GB RAM) but with XP for SO to get working a bunch of original games not from GOG, the Close Combat series version here asks for windows 7(guess this is for GOG Galaxy compability) so is not for me now since my newer PC are really whitout space.
What is "SO"?
Sorry about my bad English, same as Operating System, in Portuguese is write Sistema Operacional.