It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The second coming of the classic RTS series.

Three more Close Combat games have arrived, DRM-free and up to 50% off until March 27, 1PM UTC.
Modern Tactics, Cross of Iron, and Invasion: Normandy - Utah Beach to Cherbourg join our ranks, bringing the Close Combat invasion closer to completion.

Invasion: Normandy - Utah Beach to Cherbourg, available exclusively on GOG.com, recreates the pivotal amphibious campaign launched by the Allied forces on the northern shore of France, in a desperate attempt to breach Germany's defenses.

Cross of Iron is an enhanced version of Close Combat 3: The Russian Front, featuring better visuals and sound, alongside some light RPG elements, like veteran troops that gain extra skills after surviving a battle.

Modern Tactics introduces a more contemporary setting to the series, with 25 scenarios inspired by real or fictional events of our times, playing out in top-down fashion. Also included is a scenario editor that allows you to set up your very own skirmishes.

Purchase any of the Close Combat games on GOG.com to get the original Close Combat as a bonus goodie.

If you have some series catching up to do, check out our special Close Combat sale, which ends March 26, 10PM UTC.
ikrananka: So, great to see more Close Combat games coming to GOG. Also, nice to see that the original Close Combat is here with an admission that it will not work on Windows 10. BUT, what I would like GOG to do is to admit that CC2 also does not work with Windows 10. It may start up and allow you to play a mission but try and proceed beyond that in a campaign game and it will always crash.
tfishell: Did you check the game forum for solutions or contact GOG Support? With so many hardware/software combos out there GOG can't guarantee a game will always run right out of the box.
Many who own the game have reported this on the forums and have found no solution (https://www.gog.com/forum/close_combat_series/cc2_ctd_between_campaign_missions and https://www.gog.com/forum/close_combat_series/cc2_crashes_after_first_successful_mission_of_grand_campaign).
I do not know if they contacted customer support. I own the retail version of the game and it exhibits exactly the same behaviour (crashing between missions) that GOG users have reported of the GOG version. My retail version worked fine under Windows 7 using Windows XP compatibility mode.
Post edited March 20, 2018 by ikrananka
Iria comprar mas conseguem fazer a besteira de colocar nesses jogos antigos o requerimento de windows 7+, se não vai rodar no PC ou notebook com XP que mantenho pra jogos antigos não vale a pena e GOG.com vai perder essa venda e outras por querer empurrar pros consumidores o GOG Galaxy, felizmente tenho quase 500 jogos na minha biblioteca e esses jogos não vão fazer falta.
Did anyone get Close Combat 1 to work for Win10?
NebuchadnezzarII: Did anyone get Close Combat 1 to work for Win10?
It works just fine for me, running it with Windows 7 compatibility, 256 colors and admin rights. It runs in a window. One thing I've seen though, is that it seems to run extremely fast. Just ran the tutorials, and things look too speedy.
I'm very pleased to see all of the games in the Close Combat series have very low system requirements. If I get these games in the future, I will probably include them in my GOGmix, after I have tested them:

https://www.gog.com/mix/games_that_work_on_old_low_spec_pcs
guppy44: Is the original Close Combat included if we purchased any of the titles during the original launch, or only if we purchase during this promotion?
It is included as bonus if you have bought CC title before this promotion.
NebuchadnezzarII: Did anyone get Close Combat 1 to work for Win10?
duxcorvan: It works just fine for me, running it with Windows 7 compatibility, 256 colors and admin rights. It runs in a window. One thing I've seen though, is that it seems to run extremely fast. Just ran the tutorials, and things look too speedy.
I don't know about this version, but the original had a setting to change the game's speed.
guppy44: Is the original Close Combat included if we purchased any of the titles during the original launch, or only if we purchase during this promotion?
murkki: It is included as bonus if you have bought CC title before this promotion.
Thanks for the reply. :)
Celton88: If I already bought CC2, will. I get the original as a bonus retroactively?
It comes qlready as a downloadable goody.

Edward_Carnby: These games are great !

BTW - there is a minor glitch in CC5 installer - incorect file name, that preventing from starting new game (at least - for me).
In 'Close Combat 5\Data\Ops\' find file named 'KG MĂĽller' & rename it to 'KG MALller'.

Allready notified support about this issue,
XYCat: Yeah but what makes them great? Is it something like Panzer General? And is it noob/casul friendly?
Real time. Platoon or company level. You give indications to squads and they try to execute your orders. Psychology is heavily involved, the game tries to emulate the reactions of real soldiers.
duxcorvan: It works just fine for me, running it with Windows 7 compatibility, 256 colors and admin rights. It runs in a window. One thing I've seen though, is that it seems to run extremely fast. Just ran the tutorials, and things look too speedy.
BelisariuSF: I don't know about this version, but the original had a setting to change the game's speed.
Indeed. You could change it withvthe keyboard as well, IIRC. Works effectively as active pause if you so wish.
Post edited March 21, 2018 by Carradice
XYCat: Yeah but what makes them great? Is it something like Panzer General? And is it noob/casul friendly?
Edward_Carnby: The game itself is very interesting 'squad-based' (mostly - infantry, tanks & other armour is rare) tactics with unique morale system & great dynamic campaign.
Noob friendly ? Hmmm, it has very simple rules, so I think - yes, it friendly. =)
Agreed. Only that it reqyires the player to realize that ihe game simulates real people, so suicide/misguided orders will deplete morale and maybe not executed properly. Desertion exists in this game.

This means, soldiers here are not mindless pawns.
badon: I'm very pleased to see all of the games in the Close Combat series have very low system requirements. If I get these games in the future, I will probably include them in my GOGmix, after I have tested them:

Very low hardware requirements but these are not compatible with minimum SO, can't run windows 7 with a 133MHz processor and 32MB RAM.
Glad to see more Close Combat titles on GOG. Love the series.

However, $39.99 "Matrix" price on Cross of Iron? A 10 years old partial remake running on a 20 years old engine?

As much as I'd like to play that, that's not a price I'm willing to support.
Lukaszmik: Glad to see more Close Combat titles on GOG. Love the series.

However, $39.99 "Matrix" price on Cross of Iron? A 10 years old partial remake running on a 20 years old engine?

As much as I'd like to play that, that's not a price I'm willing to support.
Better of with the original CC3 as well. Bang "Der Ost Front" on top and you've outdone Cross of Iron.
badon: I'm very pleased to see all of the games in the Close Combat series have very low system requirements. If I get these games in the future, I will probably include them in my GOGmix, after I have tested them:

SansearVX: Very low hardware requirements but these are not compatible with minimum SO, can't run windows 7 with a 133MHz processor and 32MB RAM.
I'm not sure what you're trying to say. 133 MHz is far lower than my test system at 1.33 GHz. 1.33 GHz is the same as 1330 MHz, and it's 100 times faster than 133 MHz. A 133 MHz CPU was valuable hardware circa 1996, but today you might have difficulty finding a modern device with a CPU that runs that slow. A PC made today might have more "power" than that in many of its minor components.
Got Cross of Iron, still not cheap but ok with the discount.