It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The second coming of the classic RTS series.

Three more Close Combat games have arrived, DRM-free and up to 50% off until March 27, 1PM UTC.
Modern Tactics, Cross of Iron, and Invasion: Normandy - Utah Beach to Cherbourg join our ranks, bringing the Close Combat invasion closer to completion.

Invasion: Normandy - Utah Beach to Cherbourg, available exclusively on GOG.com, recreates the pivotal amphibious campaign launched by the Allied forces on the northern shore of France, in a desperate attempt to breach Germany's defenses.

Cross of Iron is an enhanced version of Close Combat 3: The Russian Front, featuring better visuals and sound, alongside some light RPG elements, like veteran troops that gain extra skills after surviving a battle.

Modern Tactics introduces a more contemporary setting to the series, with 25 scenarios inspired by real or fictional events of our times, playing out in top-down fashion. Also included is a scenario editor that allows you to set up your very own skirmishes.

Purchase any of the Close Combat games on GOG.com to get the original Close Combat as a bonus goodie.

If you have some series catching up to do, check out our special Close Combat sale, which ends March 26, 10PM UTC.
justanoldgamer: I was waiting for the first "Close Combat" but I see that it is included for free with the other Close Combat titles. Does it come with a manual and does it work reasonably well on Windows 7 64 bits?
Carradice: At least GOG's version of Close Combat 3 works nice in Windows 7 64. It also brings its manual.

Back in the day, Close Combat 2 brought a manual as well. Not only that, it brought interesting videos and lots of information on Operation Market-Garden. Very informative and the whole experience feels like a work of love. Read about the objectives and historical developments. Go for the Great Campaign. Have fun.
Thanks but I meant the original Close Combat that is included for free with Close Combat 2 and the others.
tinyE: These games look impossible. :P

Of course at my age, PONG is a challenge.
If you can play Blades of Steel then you can play Pong. :)
tinyE: These games look impossible. :P

Of course at my age, PONG is a challenge.
DoomSooth: If you can play Blades of Steel then you can play Pong. :)
I rocked at Blades of Steel! :D
XYCat: Anyway, are the games good? I never played any of these.
Edward_Carnby: These games are great !

BTW - there is a minor glitch in CC5 installer - incorect file name, that preventing from starting new game (at least - for me).
In 'Close Combat 5\Data\Ops\' find file named 'KG MĂĽller' & rename it to 'KG MALller'.

Allready notified support about this issue,
Yeah but what makes them great? Is it something like Panzer General? And is it noob/casul friendly?
DoomSooth: If you can play Blades of Steel then you can play Pong. :)
tinyE: I rocked at Blades of Steel! :D
I liked it a lot but I probably played Double Dribble more. Sometimes, I'll start it up just to listen to the national anthem and how funny it sounds from the VLM5030. :)
XYCat: Yeah but what makes them great? Is it something like Panzer General? And is it noob/casul friendly?
The game itself is very interesting 'squad-based' (mostly - infantry, tanks & other armour is rare) tactics with unique morale system & great dynamic campaign.
Noob friendly ? Hmmm, it has very simple rules, so I think - yes, it friendly. =)
justanoldgamer: I was waiting for the first "Close Combat" but I see that it is included for free with the other Close Combat titles. Does it come with a manual and does it work reasonably well on Windows 7 64 bits?
Runs fine for me on win7 64, manual is twofold in game boot camp, and help menu.
In game Help won't work until Windows Help program (WinHlp32.exe) for Windows 7 is installed.
It can be viewed while not playing, help file is located in GOG Games/Close Combat/_CD/DATA.

Meh typing...edit.
Post edited March 20, 2018 by DampSquib
Nice to see Close Combat 1 here finally. Shame it isn't officially supported on Win 10 but there's only so much GOG can do.
Post edited March 20, 2018 by tfishell
Close Combat 5 still crashes on alt tab on Windows 10 !
And for some maps the game seems to have another resolution. I use 1080p, but they look like 1024x768. Please fix it's annoying like hell.
Post edited March 20, 2018 by eazykokane
Ah, finally we get CC5 - Invasion: Normandy - the one I was actually waiting for. Nice :D.
Great news!

Can someone tell me, in Modern Tactics you can play only as US Commander or you can play for opposite forces as well?
Andrey82: Can someone tell me, in Modern Tactics you can play only as US Commander or you can play for opposite forces as well?
US Marines or abstract 'Opposing Force' (OpFor).
Andrey82: Can someone tell me, in Modern Tactics you can play only as US Commander or you can play for opposite forces as well?
Edward_Carnby: US Marines or abstract 'Opposing Force' (OpFor).
Thank you! Then I will get that game. :)
So, great to see more Close Combat games coming to GOG. Also, nice to see that the original Close Combat is here with an admission that it will not work on Windows 10. BUT, what I would like GOG to do is to admit that CC2 also does not work with Windows 10. It may start up and allow you to play a mission but try and proceed beyond that in a campaign game and it will always crash.

Also, with so many Close Combat games now on GOG would it not make sense for each to get its own separate forum instead of grouping all of them into a single "series" forum.
ikrananka: So, great to see more Close Combat games coming to GOG. Also, nice to see that the original Close Combat is here with an admission that it will not work on Windows 10. BUT, what I would like GOG to do is to admit that CC2 also does not work with Windows 10. It may start up and allow you to play a mission but try and proceed beyond that in a campaign game and it will always crash.
Did you check the game forum for solutions or contact GOG Support? With so many hardware/software combos out there GOG can't guarantee a game will always run right out of the box.