It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

You must destruct additional Cylons.

Battlestar Galactica Deadlock is now available at 50% off until June 8, 1pm UTC, DRM-free on GOG.com.
A surprise Cylon attack decimates the Colonial Fleet High Command on Picon. Humanity's only hope is to carry out the daring plan of Rear-Admiral Lucinda Cain and hope it succeeds. Command the Colonial Fleet in fierce tactical battles across the galaxy and neutralize the advancing Cylon forces while keeping the Colonies safe.

Call down the Reinforcements DLC that brings four new ships, new types of ammo and other additions or grab the brand new Broken Alliance DLC, which brings an 8-mission story campaign that threatens to tear the Quorum alliance apart.
Carradice: *snip*
viperfdl: Thanks, but I already played Star Wolves.
I thought you might.

We need more space games.
viperfdl: Thanks, but I already played Star Wolves.
Carradice: I thought you might.

We need more space games.
Word.

Then again, I'd love to play something like archimedean dynasty, or subwar, or anything like space sim games, but underwater.

Thought subnautica would scratch that itch for me, but it was in fact faaaaaaaaaar from it.
Post edited May 30, 2018 by Andrzejef
Steam has a Complete edition, why doesn't GOG have the same package? GOG used to have all games complete. Now we get DLC floods...
blotunga: Steam has a Complete edition, why doesn't GOG have the same package? GOG used to have all games complete. Now we get DLC floods...
It's a complete package, not edition, and you can get the same thing by adding all 3 items .
However it seems too soon for a complete edition for a game published by slitherine, that isnt a year old yet,
Bought this as enjoyed the Battlestar Galactica. Played first mission and seems like fun. Think i will pick up dlc but wish they had a discount as well.
I sinned and bought this on Steam... I was just waiting for a good BSG game for so long and couldn't wait. I wish I waited a couple of months, but I bought it here again.

Thanks GoG!!

edit - On the EA idea, I do like the idea of EA. But I only like the idea of EA when it is far enough along in its development that it will get a full release. It saves the dev money on bug testing and saves the player money as you get it on EA discount. What I don't like is devs releasing a nearly unplayable EA title that ends up never being finished. Luckily both Steam and GoG have pretty liberal return policies on EA titles to protect the consumer.
Post edited May 31, 2018 by Gylfe
viperfdl: Looks nice. Is it comparable with Nexus: The Jupiter Incident or is the gameplay rather different?
Carradice: If you liked Nexus: The Jupiter Incident, it might happen that you already know Star Wolves.
+1 from the lurkers for recommending Star Wolves. Pausable real time. Some hella hard missions and a ton of fun.
Since this game is a prequel am I right to assume I won't be missing much if I haven't seen the TV series? The new one I mean. I watched the crap out of the original.
MobiusArcher: I watched the crap out of the original.
Your stock just went up with me. :D
Post edited June 01, 2018 by tinyE
On the game page, Gylfe gave a really good review. I was wondering how this would work as turn based. I played BSG online for a while and really enjoyed my game play there.

I saw a post about needed to be connected to play the solo game. Is this correct?
MobiusArcher: Since this game is a prequel am I right to assume I won't be missing much if I haven't seen the TV series? The new one I mean. I watched the crap out of the original.
Well, it is a prequel, you know how these things go nowadays: you will get more of it if you watch, at least, the pilot (2 hours IIRC) and the next episode. They are worth it.

The first season was very good. They lost a bit of steam by the last one. The creators did end it instead of milking it even more, and the end was built upon a long series of chapters, so kudos for that.

They made a big effort in the begining to adapt it to modern times (think Arwen) and avoid sexism, which they accomplished beautifully. But probably some people was nagged by the fact that the series eventually started showing a few purposeful women and a few disoriented men, letting them appear somehow as the "weaker sex". Which is not very non-sexist. Man, that drove some people nuts. It is just a show, come on, watch the good seasons, let it go when it stops pleasing you.
Post edited June 01, 2018 by Carradice
MobiusArcher: Since this game is a prequel am I right to assume I won't be missing much if I haven't seen the TV series? The new one I mean. I watched the crap out of the original.
Carradice: Well, it is a prequel, you know how these things go nowadays: you will get more of it if you watch, at least, the pilot (2 hours IIRC) and the next episode. They are worth it.

The first season was very good. They lost a bit of steam by the last one. The creators did end it instead of milking it even more, and the end was built upon a long series of chapters, so kudos for that.

They made a big effort in the begining to adapt it to modern times (think Arwen) and avoid sexism, which they accomplished beautifully. But probably some people was nagged by the fact that the series eventually started showing a few purposeful women and a few disoriented men, letting them appear somehow as the "weaker sex". Which is not very non-sexist. Man, that drove some people nuts. It is just a show, come on, watch the good seasons, let it go when it stops pleasing you.
I'll recommend to watch it as a new thing, not as an actual remake of the original BSG. I liked both but thematically are very different.

The game loses some of the thematics of the new show and becomes it's own thing, more focused on colonial interpolitics and war management. That's good, but it's not "Homeworld" good (graphically and storywise), which due my professed love for the BSG franchise I wished it was.
Post edited June 01, 2018 by temiman

I'll recommend to watch it as a new thing, not as an actual remake of the original BSG. I liked both but thematically are very different.
True. At the time, and with the age we had, the original series was amazing. This second one was indeed different and more mature. Better in several aspects. Also, while there were some religious and existential undertones in the first one (the book of Exodus, to name one inspiration), they got more heavy-handed with that in the second one.

The pilot and the next episode got well deserved awards. They just hooked the audience for more. Just Awesome with a capital A.

Plus, Edward James Olmos.
Post edited June 01, 2018 by Carradice
I'm very particular about space strategy games, preferring story-driven single player campaigns with a limited fleet, unit permadeath, and experience carried across future missions. Nexus: The Jupiter Incident is the best example of this. Where does Battlestar Galactica fall on the spectrum? GOG reviews claim its the evolved version of Star Hammer: The Vanguard Prophecy, but I'm afraid I don't know much about that either.
GOG.com: You must destruct additional Cylons.
I saw what you did there. :-P [url=]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEJd838oNp4[/url]