It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

You must destruct additional Cylons.

Battlestar Galactica Deadlock is now available at 50% off until June 8, 1pm UTC, DRM-free on GOG.com.
A surprise Cylon attack decimates the Colonial Fleet High Command on Picon. Humanity's only hope is to carry out the daring plan of Rear-Admiral Lucinda Cain and hope it succeeds. Command the Colonial Fleet in fierce tactical battles across the galaxy and neutralize the advancing Cylon forces while keeping the Colonies safe.

Call down the Reinforcements DLC that brings four new ships, new types of ammo and other additions or grab the brand new Broken Alliance DLC, which brings an 8-mission story campaign that threatens to tear the Quorum alliance apart.
Pretty turn-based strategy in space. Normally that would be enough to get me to buy it right now, but given that it's dx11 and Slitherine, I expect it won't work on Wine/Linux. Oh well.
low rated
Got this on Steam, Battle mechanics itself is pretty ok, but didn`t think it was worth it on a DRM. ON GOG it`s probably worth it.

It`s a bit thick with the Feminism though, good luck finding more than one male Commander.
I should trademark this and you will make me rich .
BSG was one of my favorite TV shows. And I like strategy, but I am not that interested in the tactical side. Or too many DLCs. I guess I need to look for some gameplay videos.

I wonder if Lucinda Cain is related to Helena Cain.
tinyE: WHERE THE F&$K IS LORNE GREENE!?!?!
The word you're looking for is "frak".
Caesar.: I wonder if Lucinda Cain is related to Helena Cain.
I wondered that as well and went looking. Couldn;t find anything.

Noticed this while I was looking. I guess they never gave Lloyd Bridges' Cain a first name:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commander_Cain
Post edited May 29, 2018 by drmike
Slitherine is on fire with their releases. I enjoyed Star Hammer, so this one will be on my shelf very soon.
Awesome, now bring this next:

https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/sengoku_jidai_shadow_of_the_shogun
For feeling like crap click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJZCFZw8oCg
viperfdl: Looks nice. Is it comparable with Nexus: The Jupiter Incident or is the gameplay rather different?
Nexus is real time while this is turned based, I never played either though so they might have similarities despite this.
viperfdl: Looks nice. Is it comparable with Nexus: The Jupiter Incident or is the gameplay rather different?
justanoldgamer: Nexus is real time while this is turned based, I never played either though so they might have similarities despite this.
This looks pretty close actually (with the focus on ship systems and positioning). Nexus was real time with pause, this is turn based, but the turns are "locked in" and carried out at the same time - I actually like this sort of turnbased - pretty interesting mechanic.

How much "meta" is there in this one? Time spent in an overmap planning / launcing missions, upgrading ships, getting new crew etc? Is the story linear (mission 1 - mission 2 - mission 3) or is there a campaign map that you sort of strike targets on?
justanoldgamer: Nexus is real time while this is turned based, I never played either though so they might have similarities despite this.
Ixamyakxim: This looks pretty close actually (with the focus on ship systems and positioning). Nexus was real time with pause, this is turn based, but the turns are "locked in" and carried out at the same time - I actually like this sort of turnbased - pretty interesting mechanic.
Indeed! IIRC simultaneous turns were used por example in the M.A.X. and Age of Wonders series with great success, but the turns were not locked in. Any other examples of games with the system you mention?
Is the game similar to Homeworld?
Ixamyakxim: Is the story linear (mission 1 - mission 2 - mission 3) or is there a campaign map that you sort of strike targets on?
The game card should have answered this basic question. Come to think of it, it barely mentions the premise for the story and that there is some kind of starship combat and drydock improvements.
What little videos I've seen of it make it seem more like Battlefleet Gothic Armada.
IronArcturus: Is the game similar to Homeworld?
Uh, did you even watch the announcement trailer? That should give you a good idea how this plays.