It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

You must destruct additional Cylons.

Battlestar Galactica Deadlock is now available at 50% off until June 8, 1pm UTC, DRM-free on GOG.com.
A surprise Cylon attack decimates the Colonial Fleet High Command on Picon. Humanity's only hope is to carry out the daring plan of Rear-Admiral Lucinda Cain and hope it succeeds. Command the Colonial Fleet in fierce tactical battles across the galaxy and neutralize the advancing Cylon forces while keeping the Colonies safe.

Call down the Reinforcements DLC that brings four new ships, new types of ammo and other additions or grab the brand new Broken Alliance DLC, which brings an 8-mission story campaign that threatens to tear the Quorum alliance apart.
markrichardb: I'm very particular about space strategy games, preferring story-driven single player campaigns with a limited fleet, unit permadeath, and experience carried across future missions. Nexus: The Jupiter Incident is the best example of this. Where does Battlestar Galactica fall on the spectrum? GOG reviews claim its the evolved version of Star Hammer: The Vanguard Prophecy, but I'm afraid I don't know much about that either.
Haven't tried Nexus (yet!), but from what I see its gameplay is quite close to BSG. Maybe the later has faster combat due to the simultaneous turn system, but also lacks weapon variety and ship customization.

While you can churn new ships, your resources are limited and you can fight all battles. The campaign is story-driven but the campaing tactics are similar to XCOM (as in you need to protect your colonies in order to have resources).

Pricewise I'll suggest you to get Deadlock while it's discounted, but also check first some updated gameplay video.
If it's related to that awful remake not interested.
So its been a few months. Whats the consensus on this game? (havent bought yet...wondering which reviews i should actually believe....)
So its been a few months. Whats the consensus on this game? (havent bought yet...wondering which reviews i should actually believe....)
Post edited September 02, 2018 by Niggles
Niggles: So its been a few months. Whats the consensus on this game? (havent bought yet...wondering which reviews i should actually believe....)
It's a surprisingly solid fleet tactics game with higher production values than its forebearer Star Hammer. I've played both recently and there's no comparison. Battlestar has excellent voice acting & music, a healthy selection of ships to choose from (which can be named), and the battles tends to be on a small scale of about 5-10 craft on each side so you can really focus on those combat maneuvers. The best part? Savouring your victory by replaying the battle in the cinematic replay.

The game was out a while before it hit GOG, so thankfully most of the bugs have been ironed out. If there's a major downside, its the grindy nature of the campaign. The enemy fleet compositions tend to wear out their welcome long before the story has progressed to the next stage.