It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Sim Heaven & Hell.

<span class="bold">Afterlife</span>, a Lucasfilm god game, a GOG.com digital premiere, is available now for Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux--DRM-free on GOG.com.

<span class="bold">Afterlife</span> is... a weird game. It's so many things at once, and a few brand new concepts to boot. The premise is an otherworldly twist on SimCity - you're in charge of supplying a satisfactory afterlife experience to the inhabitants of the Planet. The Planetfolk, called EMBOs (or Ethically Mature Biological Organisms) and their SOULs (Stuff of Unending Life) need to be fully supplied with all the pleasure or pain they've earned in life - that includes an absolutely divine final reward, or a sadistic punishment. With plenty of structures, a complex tenet system (watch out for those HOHORALFSUMAists!), and extremely detailed sim mechanics - <span class="bold">Afterlife</span> is a unique, satirical god game to die for.

The game includes the official Reference Guide, courtesy of our forum friend EnforcerSunWoo. (Thank you!)

Don't fear the reaper, fear the disco inferno in <span class="bold">Afterlife</span>, a digital premiere now DRM-free on GOG.com!
JudasIscariot: You are correct :)
Grargar: What DOSBox version does it contain?
Should be just the standard 0.74 version :)
Well this was a pleasant surprise. Sadly have to wishlist it for now got to many things I got to get caught up on.
Yeah...It's all GOG fault. I bought Elminage this morning:(
Wishlisted .
JudasIscariot: Should be just the standard 0.74 version :)
I'd like a confirmation if possible. :)
Grargar: What DOSBox version does it contain?
Where's your 1,000 game celebration? ;)

Not sure when it hit that number, but I swear yesterday it was only 998...

Sneaky buggers!
Post edited April 09, 2015 by JinseiNGC224
Thanks, finally its here; it is one of favourite after Simcity & Creatures.
Very nice release. I continue to be a tad disappointed that the "definitive" versions of TIE Fite and X-Wing still aren't here, but Seth Davis tweets keep hope alive.
firedrake62: Thanks, finally its here; it is one of favourite after Simcity & Creatures.
Cool someone who is a fan of both. How does this compare to SimCity? This is going to be hard to describe but one of the reasons SimCity 2K works is that it looks relatively good for it's age. Someone mentioned Dungeon Keeper earlier and I could never get into that because the graphics are just too rough given what you have to do in the game.

Does that make any sense!? XD

In SimCity I can actually tell buildings apart where with other games it's like, okay what's that green blob and whats the gray one? How does Afterlife fit into this?
Grargar: I'd like a confirmation if possible. :)
DOSBox 0.74 :P
More LucasArts is definitely appreciated. Keep 'em coming, Disney!

tfishell: Very nice release. I continue to be a tad disappointed that the "definitive" versions of TIE Fite and X-Wing still aren't here, but Seth Davis tweets keep hope alive.
Also the original versions of Monkey Island 1 and 2 would be nice, hopefully we'll see them here as well.
Oooh, I've always wanted to try this one!
firedrake62: Thanks, finally its here; it is one of favourite after Simcity & Creatures.
tinyE: Cool someone who is a fan of both. How does this compare to SimCity? This is going to be hard to describe but one of the reasons SimCity 2K works is that it looks relatively good for it's age. Someone mentioned Dungeon Keeper earlier and I could never get into that because the graphics are just too rough given what you have to do in the game.

In SimCity I can actually tell buildings apart where with other games it's like, okay what's that green blob and whats the gray one? How does Afterlife fit into this?
I had the same issue with dungeon keeper. There is a. Mod you can find in the game forum which sharpens things up a lot. Saved the game for me.
tinyE: Cool someone who is a fan of both. How does this compare to SimCity? This is going to be hard to describe but one of the reasons SimCity 2K works is that it looks relatively good for it's age. Someone mentioned Dungeon Keeper earlier and I could never get into that because the graphics are just too rough given what you have to do in the game.

Celton88: I had the same issue with dungeon keeper. There is a. Mod you can find in the game forum which sharpens things up a lot. Saved the game for me.
Thanks, I'll look into that, after I'm done with this game. :P

The game's graphics are as good as SC2000's, possibly a bit better, even. All of the buildings are very lovingly designed and drawn with quite a bit of detail. It's sometimes hard to see individual ones when you have a whole block of the damn things, but the beauty in this game is that you can click on every single one of them to open a little window with a neat picture of the building and an extensive (and often hilarious) description of what it does. I remember, for example, a punishment structure for people who played video games and it was shaped like a giant joystick.
Post edited April 09, 2015 by InfraSuperman