It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Sim Heaven & Hell.

<span class="bold">Afterlife</span>, a Lucasfilm god game, a GOG.com digital premiere, is available now for Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux--DRM-free on GOG.com.

<span class="bold">Afterlife</span> is... a weird game. It's so many things at once, and a few brand new concepts to boot. The premise is an otherworldly twist on SimCity - you're in charge of supplying a satisfactory afterlife experience to the inhabitants of the Planet. The Planetfolk, called EMBOs (or Ethically Mature Biological Organisms) and their SOULs (Stuff of Unending Life) need to be fully supplied with all the pleasure or pain they've earned in life - that includes an absolutely divine final reward, or a sadistic punishment. With plenty of structures, a complex tenet system (watch out for those HOHORALFSUMAists!), and extremely detailed sim mechanics - <span class="bold">Afterlife</span> is a unique, satirical god game to die for.

The game includes the official Reference Guide, courtesy of our forum friend EnforcerSunWoo. (Thank you!)

Don't fear the reaper, fear the disco inferno in <span class="bold">Afterlife</span>, a digital premiere now DRM-free on GOG.com!
jamyskis: To be honest, I could never really get into it like that. After you get past the frankly hilarious tutorial, it becomes a by-the-numbers city management sim whose mechanics very quickly become transparent.
Just like a real city.
Oh, God. That took me by complete surprise. Unfriggin'believable...
Rememeber someone going on about this before on here.
YES! I had this game back in the day. I would love to play it one more time. Great, great release! Ah, so many games and so little time...
high rated
jamyskis: To be honest, I could never really get into it like that. After you get past the frankly hilarious tutorial, it becomes a by-the-numbers city management sim whose mechanics very quickly become transparent.
tinyE: Just like a real city.
Transparent mechanics are known to be the most endangered people in any city. High risk of getting run over by cars.
Post edited April 09, 2015 by InfraSuperman
I remember this being a decent game ... thanks ;)
Afterlife actually is my favorite sim. My original copy got stolen, only leaving me with the box and technical manual. Good to see it re-released finally.
EnforcerSunWoo: Afterlife actually is my favorite sim. My original copy got stolen, only leaving me with the box and technical manual. Good to see it re-released finally.
I did read that there was some visual problems regarding being able to see everything for proper placement. Is there any truth to this?
great release.
It's good to see that even the more obscure lucasarts titles get released here so I hope there will be more to come :D
Oooh, I (barely) remember this... my starter years of pc gaming... well it was just a demo...
Oh look, I lost some money again...
Now that's a worthy 1000th catalogue entry!!!

(just in case that anyone wonders, it's the 1000th in Germany, because we have a region lock on the two Commandos games).
EnforcerSunWoo: Afterlife actually is my favorite sim. My original copy got stolen, only leaving me with the box and technical manual. Good to see it re-released finally.
tinyE: I did read that there was some visual problems regarding being able to see everything for proper placement. Is there any truth to this?
Structures can get in the way of vision as most tend to be on the larger size, but you can toggle most of that stuff off through the interface. It can be a problem though if you are not careful.
tinyE: I did read that there was some visual problems regarding being able to see everything for proper placement. Is there any truth to this?
Somewhat. The isometric perspectve makes things often a bit finnicky, because a lot of the buildings are high enough to obstruct your view. After a while, it becomes a bit confusing and cluttered. You can rotate the perspective at any point, though.
Post edited April 09, 2015 by InfraSuperman
I'm really excited to see Afterlife here; it's a really spirited sim with a good sense of humor. Thanks, GOG + Disney!