It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The legend is reborn.

<span class="bold">Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition</span>, the return of the most celebrated RPG of all time, is now available for pre-order, DRM-free on GOG.com with a 30% discount for owners of the original!

A layered story laced with philosophical undercurrents. A fantasy setting unlike any other. One of the most memorable casts of eccentric, interconnected characters. This is Planescape: Torment, the gold standard for narrative-driven RPGs of the past 18 years. And now it's back!
Beamdog and lead designer <span class="bold">Chris Avellone</span> joined forces to update the game with fixes, enhancements, and key additions, all in sync with the original vision of this timeless masterpiece. With a remastered soundtrack, a crisp 4K interface, and neat convenience features, the Enhanced Edition is coming to captivate a new audience and remind its dedicated fans why they just seem unable to take it off their all-time favorites list.

The 30% discount for owners of <span class="bold">Planescape: Torment</span> will last until April 4, 9 PM UTC.

Note: <span class="bold">Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition</span> will feature the unaltered original version and the Enhanced Edition in one definitive collection exclusively on GOG.com. The original game will no longer be available for purchase on its own, after the Enhanced Edition is released. Owners of the classic Planescape: Torment will not be affected by upcoming changes to the product.

<div class="embedded_video">
<iframe class="embedded_video__file" width="775" height="436" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/wvsqfuRHmb8?wmode=opaque&amp;rel=0" allowfullscreen></iframe></div>
Post edited March 29, 2017 by maladr0Id
gamesfreak64: So is the game really worth 20 euros ? ( i missed the 4th of april deadline and to fork out 20 euros is alot of money)
vv221: If you think 20€ is too much as you already own the original (I would agree with you), there has been other good deals on the EE editions of BG and IWD sagas for the owners of the originals. So I’m sure we will see other promotions with better deals for owners of PS:T after the release.
Thanks for the reply, i already have the baldurs EE, i got the classic baldus right away after i joined GOG in 2014, first thing i did was getting all my favo classic games like jagged alliance, fallout, baldurs and many more good old games.

as for getting other games: i saw Paradigm ( sounds like a old game developer ? anyway the name sounds familair to me)

I am now checking theold alpha demo (zipped) from the Paradigm game, its a weird point and click game...
I have the alpha demo and that is badly optimised, its visionaire player i own Bella Donna a nice simple game but the performance is not optimal, i guess wintermute, visonaire player and unity can creat fab games, but eprformance is no their strong point, usually its a bad v-syncing, which they can prevent by adding disable v -sync, vsync -1 , or -2 in the menu of these games ( i own a game on steam that added that and now that unity game performs 75% better so it can be done)

Anyway: to go back on topic again:

I guess i will wait: 6 or 8 months i guess and we will see the Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition at a sale.. i guess... for now i will keep an eye on the new games and see if thursdays new game has something i like.

Thanks again for the reply.
plan99: Anyone interested in trying to get this game unbundled (future tense, at this point) should check here: https://www.gog.com/forum/planescape_torment/info_on_possibly_getting_the_classic_unbundled

Also, a Wishlist entry for not bundling PS:T with the EE (probably won't help, but can't hurt): https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/do_not_remove_the_original_planescape_torment_from_the_store
dudalb: I get wanting to keep the original PST available for seperate purchase, but why the hell would anybody object to bundling the original with the EE?
Interesting point. All I'm trying to do is get the classic unbundled (meaning for sale on it's own). As long as that happens, I don't really care if Beamdog puts it in as a bonus, as well.
dudalb: My big criticism of Beamdog is that they should not have added original content to the original game. The is rewriting a classic..a bad idea. They should have made the new content a optional DLC. It did not help that the new charecters, etc were badly done..and their attempt at an all original expansion for Baldur's Gate was a total disaster.
A matter of taste, I guess, I really liked Neera, the rest of new characters were quite meh. And SoD was not bad, I'd rate it 6/10, but I admit, that's maybe not enough for an expansion to a classic such as BG.
InkPanther: What the heck is going on with massive downvoting in this thread?

Edit: Everybody who's not content with the pre-order is upvoted, and everybody who's happy about it or admits to pre-ordering is downvoted. It's so unbelievably petty and pathetic...
Maybe because Beamdog is a piece of shit "development" studio that ruins games by breaking them instead of actually, you know, put in actual effort into the game? Maybe because Beamdog is run by and filled with a bunch of ideologues who cannot keep their ideology to themselves and have to project it in the (one) game they have made from the ground up in Siege of Draongspear? And we all know just how badly written that game is if you're not Ray Charles.

Beamdog has terrible business practice and cannot tolerate any sort of critcism geared towards them at all. Their forum website is filled with nothing but circlejearking and any sort of dissention (like actual legit criticism of their practices) is either brought down hard by Trent Oster the Cuck himself or by one of his other SJW minded mods.

I do agree that the bias is a bit heavy handed here but you also have to be incredibly thick to not understand why. Or incredibly stupid. Or incredibly ignorant. Or all three. Beamdog do not "Enhance" the games they obtain; they destroy them by doing a few tweaks that modders have done before. Better. Beamdog is low effort and I'm ashamed to see Trent Oster sink as low as he has considering he was one of the establishing members of Bioware.

Then again...look where Bioware is now and I guess it's not all that surprising anymore. Either way, I stand by what I said before: Fuck Beamdog. I hope they die in a dumpster fire.
InkPanther: What the heck is going on with massive downvoting in this thread?

Edit: Everybody who's not content with the pre-order is upvoted, and everybody who's happy about it or admits to pre-ordering is downvoted. It's so unbelievably petty and pathetic...
Dizzy_Gear: Maybe because Beamdog is a piece of shit "development" studio that ruins games by breaking them instead of actually, you know, put in actual effort into the game? Maybe because Beamdog is run by and filled with a bunch of ideologues who cannot keep their ideology to themselves and have to project it in the (one) game they have made from the ground up in Siege of Draongspear? And we all know just how badly written that game is if you're not Ray Charles.

Beamdog has terrible business practice and cannot tolerate any sort of critcism geared towards them at all. Their forum website is filled with nothing but circlejearking and any sort of dissention (like actual legit criticism of their practices) is either brought down hard by Trent Oster the Cuck himself or by one of his other SJW minded mods.

I do agree that the bias is a bit heavy handed here but you also have to be incredibly thick to not understand why. Or incredibly stupid. Or incredibly ignorant. Or all three. Beamdog do not "Enhance" the games they obtain; they destroy them by doing a few tweaks that modders have done before. Better. Beamdog is low effort and I'm ashamed to see Trent Oster sink as low as he has considering he was one of the establishing members of Bioware.

Then again...look where Bioware is now and I guess it's not all that surprising anymore. Either way, I stand by what I said before: Fuck Beamdog. I hope they die in a dumpster fire.
Did you seriously... reply to a post from more than half a year ago to relay this insight? I mean, I get it. Beamdog's got some issues, and they don't always do the best work. But sometimes, you've just gotta let things go.
Chacranajxy: But sometimes, you've just gotta let things go.
Tell that to ex #3. 18 years after she ran with the money, she's still bad mouthing me on Facebook.
Chacranajxy: Did you seriously... reply to a post from more than half a year ago to relay this insight? I mean, I get it. Beamdog's got some issues, and they don't always do the best work. But sometimes, you've just gotta let things go.
Says the guy who posted after me about bringing this up. You chould've just left this alone as well.

First rule of the consumer: Never forget.

Either way, now that I've responded to what I did, I'm finished with this so you don't have to worry about me bringing up a topic that should always be alive and well in the back of people's minds.

Remember: Never forget.
Chacranajxy: Did you seriously... reply to a post from more than half a year ago to relay this insight? I mean, I get it. Beamdog's got some issues, and they don't always do the best work. But sometimes, you've just gotta let things go.
Dizzy_Gear: Says the guy who posted after me about bringing this up. You chould've just left this alone as well.

First rule of the consumer: Never forget.

Either way, now that I've responded to what I did, I'm finished with this so you don't have to worry about me bringing up a topic that should always be alive and well in the back of people's minds.

Remember: Never forget.
What are you, Sweeney Todd?

Edit: Nonsense aside, I do actually agree with you on most of your points.
Post edited November 06, 2017 by Chacranajxy
Dizzy_Gear: some angry rant
For crying out loud, don't you have anything better to do than pointlessly reply to some old post of mine?
Post edited November 07, 2017 by InkPanther