It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The legend is reborn.

<span class="bold">Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition</span>, the return of the most celebrated RPG of all time, is now available for pre-order, DRM-free on GOG.com with a 30% discount for owners of the original!

A layered story laced with philosophical undercurrents. A fantasy setting unlike any other. One of the most memorable casts of eccentric, interconnected characters. This is Planescape: Torment, the gold standard for narrative-driven RPGs of the past 18 years. And now it's back!
Beamdog and lead designer <span class="bold">Chris Avellone</span> joined forces to update the game with fixes, enhancements, and key additions, all in sync with the original vision of this timeless masterpiece. With a remastered soundtrack, a crisp 4K interface, and neat convenience features, the Enhanced Edition is coming to captivate a new audience and remind its dedicated fans why they just seem unable to take it off their all-time favorites list.

The 30% discount for owners of <span class="bold">Planescape: Torment</span> will last until April 4, 9 PM UTC.

Note: <span class="bold">Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition</span> will feature the unaltered original version and the Enhanced Edition in one definitive collection exclusively on GOG.com. The original game will no longer be available for purchase on its own, after the Enhanced Edition is released. Owners of the classic Planescape: Torment will not be affected by upcoming changes to the product.

<div class="embedded_video">
<iframe class="embedded_video__file" width="775" height="436" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/wvsqfuRHmb8?wmode=opaque&amp;rel=0" allowfullscreen></iframe></div>
Post edited March 29, 2017 by maladr0Id
yasw: Will the GOG version get achievements as well?
thomq: GOG has announced their Galaxy application will be released in April with the feature for achievements. They have worked on achievements for games in the BETA version of Galaxy, but of course not everything in a BETA version of software makes it into the final release. The possibility for achievements in a game did actually make it.

So, in Galaxy 1.2 after it's released in April achievements become an official feature possible in games on GOG. Then after that the game developers can confidently modify their own games themselves to support an official feature of the non-beta version of Galaxy from GOG.
What stops developers from simply including achievements in-game, with the possitbility of disabling them?
They don't have to wait for Galaxy to have an achievements system like Steam.
Stardew Valley has in-game achievements for example, but they can't be disabled (which could stress grumpy old timers).
I couldn't give a rat's ass really, if I'm having fun with it, it's what matters, but feel free to talk with walls, 'cause your opinion (not yours thomq. It's not directed at you) about me is gonna be ignored. =D
I recently found this website:
http://retroachievements.org/
I haven't tried it yet, but it seems nice.
Just leaving the link here, 'cause I'm sure I'm not the only one who likes them. Enjoy. =)
Post edited March 31, 2017 by almabrds
MaGo72: Today the supplement's for that D&D setting are very popular, hard to find and cost lots of money, you easily pay 50 -70€ for a 24 page supplement.
http://www.drivethrurpg.com/browse.php?keywords=Planescape
Remove the regional discriminating price and "enhanced" price is (for me) $19.99.
Then subtract the price of the original game which (for me) is $9.99.
Then add a 30% discount (equivalent to pre-order) and the price is a more reasonable $7.

So when the "enhanced" version is with a at least 67% then I would consider buying it.

Since I already got the original then I can pawn off the extra original Planescape Torment on sites like Kinguin, G2A, Gameflip etc for .....$5 perhaps, that would (for me) bring the price I would be willing to spend on the new "enhanced" around $2.
Post edited March 31, 2017 by robertgg
low rated
almabrds: I dind't ask WHY, I asked when, cap. obvious.
The questions are related. Knowing why can give you clues to when or if ever.

That said, the best way to know is to ask the developers. Did you do that?
And only future will tell. Hopefully some game companies will see that Steam is not a godly store like some believe, by kissing their ass at every opportunity, and start treating clients of other stores as equal. They better, if it wasn't for their clients they wouldn't pay their bills or put food in their tables.
And the vast majority of these clients buy on Steam. So, following your argument, they should clearly prioritize Steam in their decisions, because there are the clients that pay most of their bills.

What stops developers from simply including achievements in-game, with the possitbility of disabling them?
Did you ask them?

I couldn't give a rat's ass really, if I'm having fun with it, it's what matters, but feel free to talk with walls, 'cause your opinion (not yours thomq. It's not directed at you) about me is gonna be ignored. =D
Explicitly ignoring others raises the chance of you being ignored yourself significantly. And it places you in a filter bubble away from reality. Do you really want that?
low rated
Wow! This is totally out of the blue! Great Price!

I don't have a PC anymore so I'll have to wait for the android version unfortunately.

For those uncertain about enhanced versions, I have all the Beamdog games on pc and android and they are great! The initial releases can be a bit buggy, but waiting a bit allows a price drop and patching. This is a great price for a great game, well done gog!
low rated
almabrds: As to why so many comments are hit by the minus button, it's probably because people are discussing politic in the pre-order thread.
Carradice: Actually things happened in this order:

First, systematic downvoting of every single opinion favorable towards PSTEE, all while some posts attacked the game and the publisher with words like sacrilege and whatnot ¬¬ The hate towards games is increasingly common nowadays; the systematic downvoting was new and an abuse of the system.

Second, people started realizing the downvoting and making remarks, while asking why so much hate. This was followed by more downvoting and some new remarks on part on the haters attacking the company, specifically some allegedly gay/trans-accepting content apparently present in prior games.

Third, some users engaged with the people making bad remarks about the gay/trans-friendly content. The answers lead to an exposition of what is commonly understood as far right or alt-right usual commonplaces, all included with a defence of the ideas and policy of the current president of the USA.

Fourth, some of the propagandists even claimed later that it was all the fault of the people who engaged with them in conversation.

# Conclusions: #

1. The pattern, systematic and temporal, of the downvoting suggest multiaccounts. It stopped completely for about eight hours, then came back. Also, the pattern avoided in the return two new users that had marked ther reps, while it kept attacking new users that had not written their reps in the thread. So, very focusedly, these two users were avoided, as if trying not to be too much conspicuous--yet failing.

2. All suggests that the objective was systematically boycotting the company that made this EE, just because of that gay/trans-friendly content present in other games. The downvoting, the hateful comments and then the exposition of dislike against gay/trans was a part of it; the rest was the exposition of right wing propaganda, further drifting away from the topic in this thread. Some users, in good faith but probably misguidedly, engaged with these propagandists in a futile effort to bring them to reason, only to mud the thread even more.

3. The success of the hijacking of the thread was only partial. This EE is interesting for many, both veteran and newcomers to Sigil, while those who do now want to buy it are free to do so. Those who want the original only without the EE still can get it. A win for all?

# Lessons to bring home: #

i. Upvoting is meant for pointing out useful, informative posts, while downvoting is for uncivil ones. Better keep it that way.

ii. GOG community is a hobbyist one where political propaganda and agenda can only detract from its purpose. Keep the crap off our games.

iii. Do not feed the troll. When you engage with a propagandist, that is exactly what the other wants. Do not make it easy for them.
Just a "Thank you!" from my side for the summary.
low rated
almabrds: As to why so many comments are hit by the minus button, it's probably because people are discussing politic in the pre-order thread.

First, systematic downvoting of every single opinion favorable towards PSTEE, all while some posts attacked the game and the publisher with words like sacrilege and whatnot ¬¬ The hate towards games is increasingly common nowadays; the systematic downvoting was new and an abuse of the system.

Second, people started realizing the downvoting and making remarks, while asking why so much hate. This was followed by more downvoting and some new remarks on part on the haters attacking the company, specifically some allegedly gay/trans-accepting content apparently present in prior games.

Third, some users engaged with the people making bad remarks about the gay/trans-friendly content. The answers lead to an exposition of what is commonly understood as far right or alt-right usual commonplaces, all included with a defence of the ideas and policy of the current president of the USA.

Fourth, some of the propagandists even claimed later that it was all the fault of the people who engaged with them in conversation.

1. The pattern, systematic and temporal, of the downvoting suggest multiaccounts. It stopped completely for about eight hours, then came back. Also, the pattern avoided in the return two new users that had marked ther reps, while it kept attacking new users that had not written their reps in the thread. So, very focusedly, these two users were avoided, as if trying not to be too much conspicuous--yet failing.

2. All suggests that the objective was systematically boycotting the company that made this EE, just because of that gay/trans-friendly content present in other games. The downvoting, the hateful comments and then the exposition of dislike against gay/trans was a part of it; the rest was the exposition of right wing propaganda, further drifting away from the topic in this thread. Some users, in good faith but probably misguidedly, engaged with these propagandists in a futile effort to bring them to reason, only to mud the thread even more.

3. The success of the hijacking of the thread was only partial. This EE is interesting for many, both veteran and newcomers to Sigil, while those who do now want to buy it are free to do so. Those who want the original only without the EE still can get it. A win for all?

i. Upvoting is meant for pointing out useful, informative posts, while downvoting is for uncivil ones. Better keep it that way.

ii. GOG community is a hobbyist one where political propaganda and agenda can only detract from its purpose. Keep the crap off our games.

iii. Do not feed the troll. When you engage with a propagandist, that is exactly what the other wants. Do not make it easy for them.
+1

Thanks for the explanation, wondered what was going on. It's precisely because of this shite i don't really come here anymore, only here because of the PST announcement.

Thanks again. :)
MaGo72: Achievements are for Hamsters who cannot enjoy a game without running in a wheel.

Pretty much the human being every government is happy to have.
http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/789/219/360.png
MaGo72: Achievements are for Hamsters who cannot enjoy a game without running in a wheel.

Pretty much the human being every government is happy to have.
Well, leveling and especially loot appeal to the same part of our misformed brains, so I don't think we, as RPG fans, are in any place from which to throw stones ^^

And new edition of PS : T? Cool! Might be a nice occasion to start a new playthrough :)
low rated
dudalb: TO be honest, I think that PT is not the kind of game that lends itself to "acheivments" ,. A bit too serous a game for that kind of thing.
I think it does. I've seen many people say that when they replay the game, they keep playing as (basically) the fluffy fuzzball from the Rhys Hess novelization. Achievements can direct people to seek out the more obscure content. Like "get glued to the chair" or "get sliced up into prosciutto".
Starmaker: I think it does. I've seen many people say that when they replay the game, they keep playing as (basically) the fluffy fuzzball from the Rhys Hess novelization. Achievements can direct people to seek out the more obscure content. Like "get glued to the chair" or "get sliced up into prosciutto".
Exactly right. I don't NEED achivements, but sometimes they point me interesting stuff to do after I'm done playing outside of the hamster wheel. Stuff like "kill one million monsters" is boring and comes naturally with time. "Kill Warden Krieg with character under level 10" on the other hand requires some determination to achieve... (no, neither is from PST).

All of this is besides the point though. The point is that Steam version has them, while GoG version does not, when the capability is the same at both stores. It's still a missing piece of content, however insignificant some people may consider it. Same deal as if Steam got extra soundtrack or artbook.

Turning achievements off is easy in GoG version if they offend anyone - just launch it directly without Galaxy.
Can somebody explain the point of beamdog doing this rather then making their own game?
low rated
Because there's a market for it?
low rated
Infester77777: Can somebody explain the point of beamdog doing this rather then making their own game?
Games age far more terribly than other creative mediums, because the technical foundation becomes obsolete very quickly. Developers making original content has already saturated the industry - why can't some companies be oriented on keeping older games accessible?....Like GOG, Night Dive, and Beamdog?

As the Beamdog motto goes, "Great games, easy".

TORMENT ENHANCED
*Widescreen, more resolutions, text size, and other options.
*Native compatibility for modern hardware & OS.
*Remastered soundtrack.
*Bug fixes, including those from modders.
*Redone interface.
*Available for additional platforms, including Macintosh, Linux, Android, and iOS.
Post edited March 31, 2017 by Sabin_Stargem
low rated

My summary is that some drama happened on an internet forum, and some people care way too much about an arbitrary grading system that is used similar to facebook's "like" system. What was the drama about? Who cares. Some idiot makes a trollish stupid comment, others feed the troll, then it's rinse and repeat. Happens everyday on every forum.