It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The legend is reborn.

<span class="bold">Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition</span>, the return of the most celebrated RPG of all time, is now available for pre-order, DRM-free on GOG.com with a 30% discount for owners of the original!

A layered story laced with philosophical undercurrents. A fantasy setting unlike any other. One of the most memorable casts of eccentric, interconnected characters. This is Planescape: Torment, the gold standard for narrative-driven RPGs of the past 18 years. And now it's back!
Beamdog and lead designer <span class="bold">Chris Avellone</span> joined forces to update the game with fixes, enhancements, and key additions, all in sync with the original vision of this timeless masterpiece. With a remastered soundtrack, a crisp 4K interface, and neat convenience features, the Enhanced Edition is coming to captivate a new audience and remind its dedicated fans why they just seem unable to take it off their all-time favorites list.

The 30% discount for owners of <span class="bold">Planescape: Torment</span> will last until April 4, 9 PM UTC.

Note: <span class="bold">Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition</span> will feature the unaltered original version and the Enhanced Edition in one definitive collection exclusively on GOG.com. The original game will no longer be available for purchase on its own, after the Enhanced Edition is released. Owners of the classic Planescape: Torment will not be affected by upcoming changes to the product.

<div class="embedded_video">
<iframe class="embedded_video__file" width="775" height="436" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/wvsqfuRHmb8?wmode=opaque&amp;rel=0" allowfullscreen></iframe></div>
Post edited March 29, 2017 by maladr0Id
Stig79: They keep dropping Avellone's name every chance they get, though. Using that name for all it is worth to market their product.
tfishell: Might be nitpicky, but I think the background image on the gamecard for PST:EE isn't that great. Besides being washed-out and grey/dull, two characters of - one a blurry sneering guy, the other a smaller but in-focus skull - are both trying to catch my attention, and I'm not sure which to focus on. It might work better if there was one - perhaps the skull - and he was much bigger. I think the original PST gamecard image is much better, and suggest switching it to this if possible:

http://images-2.gog.com/ac8e4dab3ccfa7d854a4965ba418e56abc81f40bea00ffe2cc9e131966210715_bg_800.jpg

We can, and simply not buy what we don't want. But gamers need something, however nitpicky like my post above, to complain about on the internet or we'll actually have to ... *gasp* ... play games!
Stig79: So lets say you wanted to buy Total Recall on bluray. Then you find out you can now only get it IF you buy the shitty remake, and pay 3 times more. You would be ok with that?
I'm not talking about the combining of the two games, I'm referring to people complaining that PS:T is even getting an Enhanced Edition.
high rated
I'd say if you don't feel like hassling with finding and installing the mods, give this a shot.

I have a serious issue though with them removing the original PlaneScape: Torment from the store. It feels like more of a disservice in doing so.
high rated
Seanobi: I'd say if you don't feel like hassling with finding and installing the mods, give this a shot.

I have a serious issue though with them removing the original PlaneScape: Torment from the store. It feels like more of a disservice in doing so.
Is there anyone who approves of the bundling? (me neither)
high rated
If this sells poorly they will blame it on "bigotry" again. Mark my words.
low rated
Infester77777: Can somebody explain the point of beamdog doing this rather then making their own game?
The developers. Ask them to get more than wild guesses by random people in forums.

That said, for me it's like asking why a plumber fixes sanitation instead of engineering new pipes. In my eyes, both operations are valid and needed.
Seanobi: I'd say if you don't feel like hassling with finding and installing the mods, give this a shot.

Klumpen0815: Is there anyone who approves of the bundling? (me neither)
I don't approve, but since there is nothing we can really do about it (Beamdog is not going to change it's mind) I think ranting and raving about it will do not good. If you do not own the original and want it without the EE vesion, buy it now.

Stig79: They keep dropping Avellone's name every chance they get, though. Using that name for all it is worth to market their product.

So lets say you wanted to buy Total Recall on bluray. Then you find out you can now only get it IF you buy the shitty remake, and pay 3 times more. You would be ok with that?
tfishell: I'm not talking about the combining of the two games, I'm referring to people complaining that PS:T is even getting an Enhanced Edition.
Yeah, there are a few "Purists" here who don't like the idea of an EE, no matter who well it is executed.
Then you have the hatred fof Beamdog over the LBGLT content in SoD;I thought it was horribly executed ..as was the whole game...but don't have a issue with the idea. Some of he people who scream bout that will have a heart attack if they ever play "Bioshock:Infinate".
Post edited April 01, 2017 by dudalb
high rated
Klumpen0815: Is there anyone who approves of the bundling? (me neither)
dudalb: I don't approve, but since there is nothing we can really do about it (Beamdog is not going to change it's mind) I think ranting and raving about it will do not good. If you do not own the original and want it without the EE vesion, buy it now.

tfishell: I'm not talking about the combining of the two games, I'm referring to people complaining that PS:T is even getting an Enhanced Edition.
dudalb: Yeah, there are a few "Purists" here who don't like the idea of an EE, no matter who well it is executed.
Then you have the hatred fof Beamdog over the LBGLT content in SoD;I thought it was horribly executed ..as was the whole game...but don't have a issue with the idea. Some of he people who scream bout that will have a heart attack if they ever play "Bioshock:Infinate".
Beamdog did great with the IWD EE version. It hasn't gotten that horrible 2.0 patch yet, so the game is great.

Most of the hatred for Beamdog is because Beamdog labeled anyone critical of SoD bigots, homophobes, and whatever else. Removing the classics from sale is a big reason too.
huan: I'm not sure about them sprouts (is it even food like I suspect? Yes it is, google says so. Learn a new word with GOG every day!). But the second one certainly gets my vote too.
CMOT70: My dog ate a brand new rubber cleaning sponge, half a latex glove and a few other odd things here and there, and will generally try to eat anything, but she refuses to eat Brussel Sprouts. I think there's a lesson there.
My dog would turn his nose up to liverwurst. Any meat a dog want eat is not food.
high rated
Glad I noticed this so I could grap the original Plaescape: Torment without giving money to Beamdog for their new enhanced edition. No, I'm not happy about this in the least. If they address the issues they had with the Baldur's Gate versions that caused so much backlash, then maybe I'll show a small degree of support by buying it on a hefty sale. Until then, I've now got the original and will be buying Tides of Numenera.
low rated
Been waiting for this release. I am technical savvy person but I simply have no time to apply 1000 patches just to make the original version remotely playable. Insta-bought.
low rated
Jemolk: Glad I noticed this so I could grap the original Plaescape: Torment without giving money to Beamdog for their new enhanced edition.
The original has been available on GOG for over six years; if you really care about it so much, why didn't you buy it before now? On sale, to boot?
ATimson: The original has been available on GOG for over six years; if you really care about it so much, why didn't you buy it before now? On sale, to boot?
Backlogs? I know there are plenty of other classics I'd like to try at some point but I'm still working on my list...
Post edited April 03, 2017 by GreasyDogMeat
high rated
Jemolk: Glad I noticed this so I could grap the original Plaescape: Torment without giving money to Beamdog for their new enhanced edition.
ATimson: The original has been available on GOG for over six years; if you really care about it so much, why didn't you buy it before now? On sale, to boot?
So what that it has been available for 6 years? There are plenty of games that have been available for as long and there is still strong demand for them. Should we take every game down that has been available for some time since "surely everyone who ever wanted to purchase them have already done so."
Post edited April 03, 2017 by Lebesgue
low rated
Lebesgue: So what that it has been available for 6 years? There are plenty of games that have been available for as long and there is still strong demand for them. Should we take every game down that has been available for some time since "surely everyone who ever wanted to purchase them have already done so."
It's still going to be available, it's just that Beamdog will be getting a part of the cut. I think six years is a fair enough statute of limitations on it not being bundled with other products.
low rated
Beamdog and GOG have good reason to hide the original version "behind the shelf": Quality assurance. The technical foundations that makes a game run on a system are extremely vulnerable to aging. If someone unfamiliar with the game versions played the original and found it to work terribly, they would have a bad impression of the developer and distributor, possibly avoiding their products forever. Having a modern version of the game front and center goes a long way to preventing customers from being given that bad impression.

The enhanced Infinity Engine games are meant for people who value time, convenience, and fun. When I found and downloaded the various patches and mods for BG2, I considered it to be a price of admission, not a recreational activity. I am willing to wager that most people would simply avoid the game if that was the requirement to play.

Anyone who opposes the general public from getting to play great games are terrible as a rule, because they want a walled garden where only the "worthy" are allowed to enjoy nice things.