It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The legend is reborn.

<span class="bold">Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition</span>, the return of the most celebrated RPG of all time, is now available for pre-order, DRM-free on GOG.com with a 30% discount for owners of the original!

A layered story laced with philosophical undercurrents. A fantasy setting unlike any other. One of the most memorable casts of eccentric, interconnected characters. This is Planescape: Torment, the gold standard for narrative-driven RPGs of the past 18 years. And now it's back!
Beamdog and lead designer <span class="bold">Chris Avellone</span> joined forces to update the game with fixes, enhancements, and key additions, all in sync with the original vision of this timeless masterpiece. With a remastered soundtrack, a crisp 4K interface, and neat convenience features, the Enhanced Edition is coming to captivate a new audience and remind its dedicated fans why they just seem unable to take it off their all-time favorites list.

The 30% discount for owners of <span class="bold">Planescape: Torment</span> will last until April 4, 9 PM UTC.

Note: <span class="bold">Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition</span> will feature the unaltered original version and the Enhanced Edition in one definitive collection exclusively on GOG.com. The original game will no longer be available for purchase on its own, after the Enhanced Edition is released. Owners of the classic Planescape: Torment will not be affected by upcoming changes to the product.

<div class="embedded_video">
<iframe class="embedded_video__file" width="775" height="436" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/wvsqfuRHmb8?wmode=opaque&amp;rel=0" allowfullscreen></iframe></div>
Post edited March 29, 2017 by maladr0Id
Can anybody explain to me why people are reluctant of Beamdog handling this remaster? I'm not familiar with any of their previous ones, and the few criticisms I've seen were focused on what changed rather than why those changes make these games less enjoyable.
low rated
Though I'm a gaming veteran from C64 times, to my shame I never played Planescape Torment. It has been sitting on my always too long play-before-you-die list. I nearly played it the last winter but told myself that an EE would be coming (I finally finished Arx Fatalis/Libertatis instead). Now it is here and I am happy about my decision. :)

Unlike a vocal minority here (if I counted right), I liked the former EE and I respect the decision of Beamdog/WotC (?) to bundle them with the classic versions. It's their decision and just under $20€ without one of the frequent discounts for xx hours playing time is a good value for money in my eyes. Also, they could've removed the classic versions altogether but didn't. I don't think the EE would be (much) cheaper without the classics included.

Finally, thanks to the developers for again supporting Linux, even though I have to second shmerl that in 2017, a 64 bit version would be very much due. Nobody I know uses 32 bit systems anymore except in the rare case of some older hardware.
Post edited March 29, 2017 by V4V
high rated
SmashManiac: Can anybody explain to me why people are reluctant of Beamdog handling this remaster? I'm not familiar with any of their previous ones, and the few criticisms I've seen were focused on what changed rather than why those changes make these games less enjoyable.
Their "remasters" are buggy as hell, sometimes to the point when old, unaltered version works better. They're also banning people who point's that out or just disagree with them on their official forum.

Oh, and they LOVE to force their political ideologies to the fantasy games, like forcing existing companions from BG to talk about what is gender etc, like D&D was ever giving a s*** about it. In Torments case, they may cover Ahnas breast because its "offensive for woman and its 2017!" or smth
Only 30% off?
No thanks.
RadonGOG: Quite interesting BTW, after that fusion NeverwinterNights will be GOGs official bestseller. NeverwinterNights... *weird*
Don't worry, only until Hasbro let them make an enhanced edition of that too. ;)
SmashManiac: Can anybody explain to me why people are reluctant of Beamdog handling this remaster? I'm not familiar with any of their previous ones, and the few criticisms I've seen were focused on what changed rather than why those changes make these games less enjoyable.
Salmanasar: Their "remasters" are buggy as hell, sometimes to the point when old, unaltered version works better. They're also banning people who point's that out or just disagree with them on their official forum.

Oh, and they LOVE to force their political ideologies to the fantasy games, like forcing existing companions from BG to talk about what is gender etc, like D&D was ever giving a s*** about it. In Torments case, they may cover Ahnas breast because its "offensive for woman and its 2017!" or smth
Aren't those controversies specific to Siege of Dragonspear though? I'm only asking about the remasters.

As for the new bugs, can you give me some examples? I can't find a comprehensive list of them.
Post edited March 29, 2017 by SmashManiac
Two questions:

1. Will the new remastered soundtrack be included as a bonus download,or do you have to buy it separately?
2. Does this version include touchscreen-optimized interface option?
Mico Selva: Two questions:

1. Will the new remastered soundtrack be included as a bonus download,or do you have to buy it separately?
2. Does this version include touchscreen-optimized interface option?
Soundtrack has to be purchased separately. No idea about number 2.
low rated
Serious post: why all the negativity? Not trying to start a fight here, just asking.
I also love all Infinity based games in their original shape, played them all since 20 years ago in 640x480 on a 17" screen and I loved every pixel of it but now I just can't get back to playing original versions of BG or BG2 (with all the mods installed, of course) because EE is much better in my opinion. I like blur and outlines on characters in BG (and can't understand why there are non in IWD:EE), I like the ability to zoom in and out, I like new characters (mostly Neera), I like how Beamdog's made BG a game that can interest new gamers in 2017.
And I was very happy when they anounced PT:EE, I'm currently in a middle of another playthrough in original but I'll happily pause it to start a new game in EE and see for myself what they'd do to PT and for some reason I believe I'll be quite happy about it. And for all the criticism about PT losing its spirit in a process of 'enhancing' - seriously, how many of you believe that an average gamer, not an old git like us, will be reading all those faq's, browsing through tutorials and fansites and installing all those 'essential' mods just to play a game?
low rated
dudalb: Let's ee what Beamdog has done before we condemn it.
I know that over the top hyperbole is part and partial of gaming forums,but it does get tiresome
I too think people are unreasonably negative.
EE are good remasters, and Beamdog has learned from their mistakes of releasing buggy BG games, patching them later - Icewind Dale EE was stable, relatively bug-free right on the release.

It seems people are still spewing hate because of BG.
I haven´t yet seen argument, which would explain me why are EE editions so inherently bad.

Only one I get is when people say that they finished the original games not so long ago and since EE do not add significant new content (ironically, other pole will argue they do not like EE because they add new content), they do not wish to purchase them.
Post edited March 29, 2017 by Tarhiel
low rated
Tarhiel: I too think people are unreasonably negative.
You have to differ between reasonable critique and stupid, politically motivated hate. Beamdogs Enhanced versions suffered from some nasty bugs, their release quality wasnt that good. But bugs were fixed, all good now.

Those Gamergate freaks however ... they freak out over ONE EFFIN line of dialogue and behave like its the apocalypse and the Second Coming of Jeebbus. Fragile little children, you really have to pity them ...
high rated
All of their remasters have been horribly broken buggy messes on release and took them years to fix. Their own additions to the games have been sub-par at best and they made some controversial changes to original content. Their behavior towards community in general, especially towards anyone who criticized them or their work, has also been far from professional to say the least.

Maybe they're learning from their mistakes as they seem to have opted to respect original content and not to try to shove in their own content or ideas into Torment EE (then again, this might be due to them not having access to all the original source files). Having Chris Avellone supervise entire process is definitely a plus. Still, I'll be really surprised if it does not turn out to be buggy mess on release.
Post edited March 29, 2017 by Petrell
low rated
Muad.406: RIP original Torment, i will miss seeing you on the store, knowing that people are buying you and reliving old memories or discovering a great classic. But you will be pulled in favor of a new more progressive version.
Immoli: Fixed.

Can't wait to see what bullshit is added into this game. Maybe the nameless one will be genderfluid or some shit and that's why he doesn't die. He just like, changes gender maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan.
The conversation with himself can be about how sex is just a social construct. Boy, will this be progressive!

Anyway, funny how GOG used to only sell old games. Now they remove old games. Do they still stick to ANY of their core principals?
Downvote away, fanboys.
I too am disappointed that the original won't still be available for purchase. I think it's outrageous. But you can't genuinely think it is gog that makes the call whether the original remains available rather than the publisher, can you?
high rated
dudalb: Let's ee what Beamdog has done before we condemn it.
I know that over the top hyperbole is part and partial of gaming forums,but it does get tiresome
Tarhiel: I too think people are unreasonably negative.
EE are good remasters, and Beamdog has learned from their mistakes of releasing buggy BG games, patching them later - Icewind Dale EE was stable, relatively bug-free right on the release.

It seems people are still spewing hate because of BG.
I haven´t yet seen argument, which would explain me why are EE editions so inherently bad.

Only one I got is when people say that they finished the original games not so long ago and since EE do not add significant new content (ironically, other pole will argue they do not like EE because they add new content), they do not wish to purchase them.
Then you clearly haven't really looked around. If you actually read the threads in BG forum then you will understand.

But one important reason is that they took down the classic editions from gog. And it seems the same will happen here too.
high rated
Pros:
+ No screwing around with the source material
+ Linux native
+ HD native

Cons:
- Cel Shading (at least it can be disabled)
- 20€ for a few fixes (14€ with the discount which is still way too much)
- Probably many new bugs (we'll hear about that soon, I guess)
- Giving money to asshats

I'll wait until all the bug reports are in and the price has sunk to a reasonable level, then I'll decide.
Post edited March 29, 2017 by Klumpen0815