It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The legend is reborn.

<span class="bold">Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition</span>, the return of the most celebrated RPG of all time, is now available for pre-order, DRM-free on GOG.com with a 30% discount for owners of the original!

A layered story laced with philosophical undercurrents. A fantasy setting unlike any other. One of the most memorable casts of eccentric, interconnected characters. This is Planescape: Torment, the gold standard for narrative-driven RPGs of the past 18 years. And now it's back!
Beamdog and lead designer <span class="bold">Chris Avellone</span> joined forces to update the game with fixes, enhancements, and key additions, all in sync with the original vision of this timeless masterpiece. With a remastered soundtrack, a crisp 4K interface, and neat convenience features, the Enhanced Edition is coming to captivate a new audience and remind its dedicated fans why they just seem unable to take it off their all-time favorites list.

The 30% discount for owners of <span class="bold">Planescape: Torment</span> will last until April 4, 9 PM UTC.

Note: <span class="bold">Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition</span> will feature the unaltered original version and the Enhanced Edition in one definitive collection exclusively on GOG.com. The original game will no longer be available for purchase on its own, after the Enhanced Edition is released. Owners of the classic Planescape: Torment will not be affected by upcoming changes to the product.

<div class="embedded_video">
<iframe class="embedded_video__file" width="775" height="436" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/wvsqfuRHmb8?wmode=opaque&amp;rel=0" allowfullscreen></iframe></div>
Post edited March 29, 2017 by maladr0Id
high rated
Given that all the other Beamdog-Gog versions don't work I see no reason to think this one will be any different so I will get the game from Beamdog if I want it latter.

p.s, I still like gog best... just not for Beamdog titles.
GOG.com: Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition will feature the unaltered original version and the Enhanced Edition in one definitive collection exclusively on GOG.com.

The original game will no longer be available for purchase on its own, after the Enhanced Edition is released.

Owners of the classic Planescape: Torment will not be affected by upcoming changes to the product.
tfishell: To be expected, but worth pointing out in bold I think.
Expected or you mean you expected nothing more from Beamdog?
227: I'm also curious about what the "remastered soundtrack" actually means. While I'd hate for anything new to be added, remastered by way of feeding the original tracks into a brickwall limiter wouldn't be much better.
Assuming this is accurate: "We had access to the original, uncompressed versions of the music tracks..."
Post edited March 29, 2017 by Gydion
Just 30% off for owners of original and that too just till April 4?
That's really generous of them.
Laughs in sarcasm
Been reading the FAQ: https://www.beamdog.com/planescape_faq

... and I'm a little worried about achievements and cloud saves being exclusive to Steam. Wasn't the point of GOG Galaxy to actually have those features, particularly in newer games?
low rated
JKeift: Been reading the FAQ: https://www.beamdog.com/planescape_faq

... and I'm a little worried about achievements and cloud saves being exclusive to Steam. Wasn't the point of GOG Galaxy to actually have those features, particularly in newer games?
The achievements being exclusive to Steam would be consistent with the other EEs.

I hope that the cloud save language is wrong due to the feature in Galaxy being brand-new, and that the actual game will support cloud saves. (Especially since the non-EE is one of the first games with support!)
tfishell: To be expected, but worth pointing out in bold I think.
Gydion: Expected or you mean you expected nothing more from Beamdog?
I just meant that I and others expected this to happen because it has thus been a pattern - Baldur's Gate EE got the original bundled, IceWind Dale EE got the original bundled, etc.
low rated
Lebesgue: And Beamdog strikes again... They know that they EE games would be outsold be the original versions so they withdraw them from gog...
Do I need to remind you that the decision to bundle the original with the remaster was from Wizards of the Coast (who own the rights to EVERYTHING D&D related) and not Beamdog? They're merely the developpers of the remaster.
high rated
dudalb: Let's ee what Beamdog has done before we condemn it.
I know that over the top hyperbole is part and partial of gaming forums,but it does get tiresome
MDK 2 HD, buggy mess, unplayable in modern systems, abandoned soon after release.

Also, remember that from the point of release onward, the only way to get the original is to buy the enhanced edition, and I am not about to let BeamDog see a red cent from me.
high rated
dudalb: Let's ee what Beamdog has done before we condemn it.
I know that over the top hyperbole is part and partial of gaming forums,but it does get tiresome
We have 4 (5 if you count Siege of Dragonspear) products from which to judge Beamdog. I think it's pretty safe to condemn them at this point.
shmerl: Are developers reading this? Please release it in proper 64-bit on Linux. Your previous games are 32-bit, and are bitten by lack of Large File Support (they fail on large partitions).
Might be better to directly contact them somehow.
high rated
Muad.406: RIP original Torment, i will miss seeing you on the store, knowing that people are buying you and reliving old memories or discovering a great classic. But you will be pulled in favor of a new more progressive version.
Fixed.

Can't wait to see what bullshit is added into this game. Maybe the nameless one will be genderfluid or some shit and that's why he doesn't die. He just like, changes gender maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan.
The conversation with himself can be about how sex is just a social construct. Boy, will this be progressive!

Anyway, funny how GOG used to only sell old games. Now they remove old games. Do they still stick to ANY of their core principals?
Downvote away, fanboys.
Meh. Discount should be permanent, preorder offer should be something included with it like one of their SJW BLT DLCs. But that's just me.
high rated
i did not have a good experience with beamdog releases so far, mdk 2 hd was terrible , BG EE had buggy release , terrible expansion and still has bugs to date , i cant imagine the other EE from them being any good.

Removing the original for this EE seems to be a insult to the classics even if its bundled with the EE.

Thank god i own the original here already.

Want to experience their buggy mess ?

https://forums.beamdog.com/ have fun going through the issues list for their games.
Immoli: Do they still stick to ANY of their core principals?
No, because they are no longer in school.
shmerl: Are developers reading this? Please release it in proper 64-bit on Linux. Your previous games are 32-bit, and are bitten by lack of Large File Support (they fail on large partitions).
tfishell: Might be better to directly contact them somehow.
I did and [url=http://redmine.beamdog.com/issues/29687]here for BG:EE.