It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The Dark Eye still gazes upon you!

Blackguards 2, Daedalic Entertainment’s anticipated sequel to one of last year's best tactical RPGs, is now available with a -10% pre-order discount on GOG.com! If you already own the first Blackguards game on GOG.com, you'll receive an entire -20% off Blackguards 2 during the pre-order period.

To make the wait go by, the original and its [url=http://www.gog.com/game/blackguards_untold_legends_dlc]Untold Legends DLC will be available for -75% and -33% off respectively. You can grab the entire discounted series, until Blackguards 2 launches on January 20, this week only on GOG.com!

Blackguards 2 presents a non-linear story of a ragtag group of antiheroes in the gritty world of the The Dark Eye.
The original Blackguards, a hexy, turn based, tactical RPG known for its deep combat system, gave players an unprecedented amount of choice on the battlefield. Blackguards 2 will be everything a sequel should be: bigger, hexier and more complex.
The original title's combat system will see many improvements, with a plethora of fresh and exciting gameplay mechanics waiting to challenge veterans and new players alike.

Now’s your chance to do some catching up with Blackguards, before hopping into Blackguards 2 right away, with this fantastic pre-order deal and Blackguards Saga discount. The offer will last until Tuesday, January 20, when the game is expected to launch on GOG.com.

Want to see the game in action? At 9pm GMT/4pm EST/1pm PST head over to [url=http://twitch.tv/GOGgom]Twitch.tv/GOGcom[/url], where we'll be joined by Daedalic Entertainment team members showcasing Blackguards 2. That part of the show begins circa . Don't miss that tasty sneak peek at all the upcoming turn-based tactical RPG goodness!
Post edited January 14, 2015 by Konrad
Schnuff: Cool, have pre-ordered this allready...premium edition gives DRM-free and Steam-key for the same price.
akhliber: Just curious, where did you pre-order the premium edition?
yes me too? gamersgate only has steam version for 29.99 euro.
origin doesnt know what DRM free is, and the rest of the bunch only knows how to spell DRM but thats basically it.
so who is this magic distributor?
gamesfreak64: yes me too? gamersgate only has steam version for 29.99 euro.
origin doesnt know what DRM free is, and the rest of the bunch only knows how to spell DRM but thats basically it.
Humble Store.
Schnuff: Cool, have pre-ordered this allready...premium edition gives DRM-free and Steam-key for the same price.
akhliber: Just curious, where did you pre-order the premium edition?
Retail versons + Humblestore have that option.

Premium version is sold on amazon for retail and is virtually the same as deluxe edition on humble.
Post edited January 13, 2015 by Matruchus
gamesfreak64: yes me too? gamersgate only has steam version for 29.99 euro.
Grargar: Humble Store.
ofcourse, i forgot, sorry...
i know those guys, cant buy stuff cause its only credit card buy.

Too bad its only paypal and credit card buys overthere, i think if the used prepaid aswell they wil get more buyers, unless they dont want loads of extra buyers.

timppu: I think the BG special edition doesn't have Untold Legends DLC? I couldn't really tell from the description what is so special about the special edition. mp3 soundtrack, no extra gaming content?

I thought i had already bought Blackguards before in GOG, but apparently I was only close to.

Interesting how the default price of the first game is much higher than the sequel, right?

Blackguards SE: 44.99€ (now it is at a 75% discount though)
Untold Legends DLC: 4.99€

Blackguards 2: 29.99€
Matruchus: The sequel is half shorter - Blackguards 1 - over 40 gameplay hours, Blackguards 2 - over 20 gameplay hours.
thats correct.
also the fact that the game development has already been done , makes it possible to sell the next versions cheaper, because the wheel was already invented.
Post edited January 13, 2015 by gamesfreak64
Not too sure about this one, checked reviews on the page and a lot of people had issues with the combat system.
Hmmmm, I have to think about this.

On one hand I loved the first game.

On the other hand I did not actually finish it. I play it from time to time and love playing it but I have very little time for gaming to actually reach the end.

On one hand, going by the first one, the game will be worth the asking price.

On the other hand by the time I actually get to play it the price will probably drop to 5$.

Decisions, decisions...
wolfsite: Not too sure about this one, checked reviews on the page and a lot of people had issues with the combat system.
Well the Codex liked it...

http://www.rpgcodex.net/content.php?id=9378

I don't visit there on a regular basis but I would definitely put more trust in their review, rather than some random guy(s) on the gog game page (no offense random guy(s)).
Anyway, their review is pretty in-depth so you'll definitely get a good idea if it's up your alley or not.
Post edited January 13, 2015 by Aningan
I'll only buy blackguards1 when they'll have the full complete version with that dlc included.
I'd first need to make a friend in Russia.
timppu: I think the BG special edition doesn't have Untold Legends DLC? I couldn't really tell from the description what is so special about the special edition. mp3 soundtrack, no extra gaming content?

I thought i had already bought Blackguards before in GOG, but apparently I was only close to.

Interesting how the default price of the first game is much higher than the sequel, right?

Blackguards SE: 44.99€ (now it is at a 75% discount though)
Untold Legends DLC: 4.99€

Blackguards 2: 29.99€
Matruchus: The sequel is half shorter - Blackguards 1 - over 40 gameplay hours, Blackguards 2 - over 20 gameplay hours.
I loved the first game and the information about there being "only" 20+ hours of gameplay in the second one worried me.
BUT: I read somewhere on the internet in a preview (can't be bothered to look now, sorry) that someone from the team said while they had intended Blackguards 2 to be shorter than the first one, things turned out differently. :)
Post edited January 14, 2015 by Daniel_M
Aningan: Hmmmm, I have to think about this.

On the other hand I did not actually finish it. I play it for time to time and love playing it but I have very little time for gaming to actually reach the end.

On the other hand by the time I actually get to play it the price will probably drop to 5$.

Decisions, decisions...
wolfsite: Not too sure about this one, checked reviews on the page and a lot of people had issues with the combat system.
Aningan: Well the Codex liked it...

I don't visit there on a regular basis but I would definitely put more trust in their review, rather than some random guy(s) on the gog game page (no offense random guy(s)).
Anyway, their review is pretty in-depth so you'll definitely get a good idea if it's up your alley or not.
Easy. Play what you have. When you're ready to play the next, get it.
HypersomniacLive: I'd first need to make a friend in Russia.
Seriously. I need to start visiting the Russian sites and befriending these people. Some Russians could make some serious dollars buying games for Europeans and Americans.
Post edited January 13, 2015 by Tallima
Aningan: Hmmmm, I have to think about this.

On the other hand I did not actually finish it. I play it for time to time and love playing it but I have very little time for gaming to actually reach the end.

Decisions, decisions...
Aningan: Well the Codex liked it...

And finally, the game tends to shamelessly laugh at the times you want to be a hero – there is no karma or reputation system present, and “doing the right thing”, like letting a slave girl go free instead of bringing her back to her master won’t give you a penny. Sure, this could be seen as a flaw, but on the other hand, it’s a nice slap back into a reality where no good deed goes unpunished.
What he/she says about the storyline is also true for the first game. You start as a non-important guy who happens to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, escape prison and tingle about until mid-game and then you suddenly become the super glorious hero who needs to save everyone from doom?!? I also prefer more non-epic stories where you can also play the not so nice guy.
Sound effects are fairly generic, but the background music is very good.
The music is super important to me, I still have that catchy tune in my head where you had to fight in the jungle :D
GOG.com: The Dark Eye still gazes upon you!
Your last link is broken. It adds a quotation mark to the end and then links to a "Oh Noes" page.

Edit: Even without the quotation marks, it still doesn't work.

Edit 2: From the front promo page, it doesn't work. From the forums, it does.
blotunga: Oh man, and I didn't even had time to play the first Blackguards :/
Ciris: The current -75% is a good time to start while you'd wait for 2 to come out ;)
I'll quote you too to get someone's attention just in case nobody actually uses the GOGcom account. :)

The link to the promo page is broken on the main page.
Post edited January 13, 2015 by Tallima
Tallima: [...]

Seriously. I need to start visiting the Russian sites and befriending these people. Some Russians could make some serious dollars buying games for Europeans and Americans.
XD - that's not exactly what I meant, though It might be too late for any attempts at befriending Russians.
Hmm...i loved the first one...so i will preorder it to support them...even if my experience tells my that it rarly pays off :)...hope dies last
I also deeply enjoyed the first one (finished it twice), and I'd like to buy (even pre-order, which I rarely do) the second one, but the financial situation both for my pocket and my country (further aggravating the pocket) is currently out of constellation, so I will have to wait until the stars shine more favorably on the 2nd house. Sorry, dear developers!