It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The Dark Eye still gazes upon you!

Blackguards 2, Daedalic Entertainment’s anticipated sequel to one of last year's best tactical RPGs, is now available with a -10% pre-order discount on GOG.com! If you already own the first Blackguards game on GOG.com, you'll receive an entire -20% off Blackguards 2 during the pre-order period.

To make the wait go by, the original and its [url=http://www.gog.com/game/blackguards_untold_legends_dlc]Untold Legends DLC will be available for -75% and -33% off respectively. You can grab the entire discounted series, until Blackguards 2 launches on January 20, this week only on GOG.com!

Blackguards 2 presents a non-linear story of a ragtag group of antiheroes in the gritty world of the The Dark Eye.
The original Blackguards, a hexy, turn based, tactical RPG known for its deep combat system, gave players an unprecedented amount of choice on the battlefield. Blackguards 2 will be everything a sequel should be: bigger, hexier and more complex.
The original title's combat system will see many improvements, with a plethora of fresh and exciting gameplay mechanics waiting to challenge veterans and new players alike.

Now’s your chance to do some catching up with Blackguards, before hopping into Blackguards 2 right away, with this fantastic pre-order deal and Blackguards Saga discount. The offer will last until Tuesday, January 20, when the game is expected to launch on GOG.com.

Want to see the game in action? At 9pm GMT/4pm EST/1pm PST head over to [url=http://twitch.tv/GOGgom]Twitch.tv/GOGcom[/url], where we'll be joined by Daedalic Entertainment team members showcasing Blackguards 2. That part of the show begins circa . Don't miss that tasty sneak peek at all the upcoming turn-based tactical RPG goodness!
Post edited January 14, 2015 by Konrad
Tallima: Easy. Play what you have. When you're ready to play the next, get it.
In theory yes, but still there's always the possibility the game whose purchase you postponed can't be purchased later, especially DRM-free. This seems most profound with games with limited-time movie, car or sports licenses.

So, still need to think ahead a bit.
Digital games are rather unlikely to stop being sold (unlike physical editions that can get sold out).

And if a developer/publisher really wants to pull it from DRM-free shelves, then GoG usually warns us beforehand, don't they?
Tallima: Easy. Play what you have. When you're ready to play the next, get it.
timppu: In theory yes, but still there's always the possibility the game whose purchase you postponed can't be purchased later, especially DRM-free. This seems most profound with games with limited-time movie, car or sports licenses.

So, still need to think ahead a bit.
You have a good point there. I sold all of my Star Trek games ages ago. They're worth a lot now. :)
I suspect this will be sold for a few years at least, though.
An interview hinting at changes and improvements:

http://www.rpgcodex.net/content.php?id=9521

And some more info:

http://techraptor.net/content/blackguards-2-new-game-play-features
Hmm, something came up today, so, after all... pre-ordered!
If Daedalic bothered to fix the major problems with the DLC to the original (http://www.gog.com/forum/blackguards_series/gamebreaking_bugs), they'd probably already have my money. Loved the first game (while it worked) to the point where I bought Untold Legends without doing the usual research.

As it stands... screw them, going to wait until this is heavily discounted. Not to mention that I wouldn't be surprised if the sequel was rushed out with all the bugs it implies - the development schedule was really short.
Wait so the only way to patch the game is by downloading a pirated version? Can we have GOG representation on this? I was planning on preordering it, but I hadn't had the chance to try the DLC.
It seems the game-breaking bug was introduced with version 1.5. I played the second playthrough with version 1.3 with the DLC Untold Legends installed – no real problems. There were bugs, but not game-breaking. I sent extensive bug report to Daedalic, they replied in 3.5 hours (also extensively) and most of my suggestions were implemented in patch 1.4. So I'm sure when they release Blackguards 2 in few days, they'll get to any bug reports as soon as they can.

Anyway: Allegedly, patch 1.6 solves the issue others have reported in the "Game-breaking bugs" thread. However GOG offers only patch 1.5. Why? What's taking so long? This seems more like GOG's responsibility than Daedalic's.

I store lower version installation files and all the subsequent patch files on my external disk, so I have "no" problem reinstalling to lower versions (aside from losing time to re-install everything).

The way I see it, GOG should:
1. Offer lower version installation files for download. At least in this case; at least until the issue is resolved.
2. Either catch up with their patch updates, or start to implement compatibility of the game files with regular patches straight from developers. I would strongly suggest to really implement this, since there have been problems with that with other games.
3. Start naming patch files properly, like patch 1.5, not 2.1.2.8. Browsing my back up files I really have no means to know what I have to install to get to version x.xx
In accordance with my latest post I decided to add two wishes for features on GOG Community Wishlist. If you agree, don't hesitate to vote for those:

http://www.gog.com/wishlist/site/unify_file_names_of_updatespatches_with_version_labelling_eg_label_the_file_name_patch_15_instead_of_patch_2128

http://www.gog.com/wishlist/site/implement_compatibility_of_the_game_files_with_regular_patches_straight_from_developers
Ciris: 12 hours
Any word on that patch? I want to preorder but I don't feel terribly confident if Blackguards is apparently broken after the last DLC patch.
vonFreiwaldau: Anyway: Allegedly, patch 1.6 solves the issue others have reported in the "Game-breaking bugs" thread. However GOG offers only patch 1.5. Why? What's taking so long? This seems more like GOG's responsibility than Daedalic's
Without knowing how the GOG patch versions are actually made, I'd assume it requires the original developer to work with GOG to make one, rather than GOG getting an universal patch and introducing their own code changes.

The person from Daedalic that replied to my e-mail (after repeated support request filed with them) made it clear they weren't going to do anything with Blackguards 1 and/or its DLC because they were working on the second one.

Bottom line - GOG version of Untold Legends breaks the game, nobody cares.
I really really want to preorder this, but if neither party cares enough to fix the alleged problem I dunno how I feel about plunking down cash. =/
So it's the 20th today, will the download be live soon?
Bought.