It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

docbear1975: Stanari: Every time I see someone vote Ix somehow I townread them more?
(emphasis added)

Stanari, do you mean you read lx as town or do you read as those voting for lx as town? I'm a little confused.
I would have sworn I'd answered that already...
Hello all, and I have a deal for you, I have money stashed overseas and I just need a kind gentleman to get it for me...I will make it worth your while. [Have to say something to make up for missing RVS]

But seriously, I'm here. I have not really been following the game much (skimmed it a little). I'll try to deep delve the thread tonight and hope to pull a rabbit or two out of the hat like last game where I was on Flub for a LAMIST comment and he turned out to be the Cult Leader (although I was the one lynched for making aspersions...)

Off to work shortly, so don't expect much for at least 12 hours, but I do plan to thoroughly read the thread.

Just an oddball idle thought (please don't give it any weight, I have nothing to suggest this is true), but it would really be funny if all these hints at werewolves were a MacGuffin and we were really playing Invasion of the Body Snatchers. We are probably safe unless someone has seen crop circles in their PM...
Lifthrasil: snip
Thank you. Appreciate the explanation.

Few interesting tidbits overnight.

More broadly something just clicked together just now while reading/re-reading 520 and up.

Not sure what to make of it. But two players seem to be very deliberately teasing the same thing, one slightly more than the other but pretty hard to miss. Spotted a thread of the pattern thinking it might be accidental/coincidence and looked back and looked closer and ...wow.

Wonder if both of them are aware of the fact they're both doing it? Anyone else picked up on this thing?

Might not need to be resolved or even made explicit D1, esp. the way things are going, but...can't be put off forever.
Bookwyrm627: Here is the sum total of CrimsonFox's. Beyond this, I'm only seeing flavor.

Post 47: "Vote yog."

Post 170: "I find the phrase 'I'm getting ready to vote X' very gawldarn wolfy." [In response to Yog]

Post 173: "To be clear, I don't mind him votin' lx. I do mind him sayin' he's gonna vote lx instead of just votin lx."

Post 224: "gee SOMEONE is charlieborwn's teachering all over people..."

Post 233: "Who was talking about no lynching? First I've heard of it, son. Are you the first one to say it?"

Post 233: "Holy cow chip! So uh his post about tromboning is what you have to comment about? That’s it? Altho I guess I agree it does sound a bit lolcatty/defensive/taunting. But that’s the post you have to comment on?

And the second part…you’re doing what he did…” one thing holding me back from being willing to vote him”. Announcing that you are wanting to vote him yet don’t vote him.

And the card thing. I really don’t know how wise it is to tell everyone that you’ are doing behind the scenes things. Now that you have you need to come completely clean on what you handed him and how that works."

-----
I am impressed. Stanari has been on my radar for short posts of low content (and will be reviewed later), but I couldn't remember anything Fox has done. Now I know why.

Vote SirCrimsonFox.

I may well move the vote later, if a better choice turns up while I'm rereading things.

People that will probably take less time to reread:
-Stanari
-Dessimu
-Docbear
-Ixam
-Quad
-Sushi

-Waiting for RW to show up and start getting involved. May take a day or two, since there is a lot to read. Not willing
to vote him until he's started getting into the game.
-Trent feels normal to me, and is thus leaning town.
-Bler is working his butt off. Hopefully he doesn't burn out. Townier than thou.
-I need to reread Cristigale, and form an opinion of my own. Didn't really have one earlier; my vote for her came from looking at who I wouldn't vote, then removing from the remainder those without a vote on them, and finally deciding I liked Bler's case for scum!cristi. I was hoping to see some interest in my unexplained vote, but it looks like nobody cared.
-I'm not interested in voting Lift Today. I've got him in a rough neutral, but I know he'll engage, which should help town regardless of his alignment.
-Brasas is going back and forth on ideas, just like he's done in the last two-three games I've seen him play. Nothing unusual, and it more or less matches his previous town games. No scum game to compare, so this ends up being neutral.
-As per a previous post of mine, I'm not sure which team Nacho is casting a net for. He is casting though, so I'm not inclined to kill him.
-Tammy seems to be following Nacho's lead. Maybe I'm being overly sensitive, but this is what I'm seeing.
What exactly do you mean by the casting a net comment? That makes it sound like you believe there to be mulittle teams to cast a net for. Like if he's a villaget he's casting for wolves obviously. If he's a wolf... why would his casting a net be for anything good? This implies an assumption of more than just one village and one wolf team. Is that so usual here you'd assume it or what?

Also Tammy and Nacho are kind of known for working well together if they're the same alignment
docbear1975: Stanari: Every time I see someone vote Ix somehow I townread them more?
(emphasis added)

Stanari, do you mean you read lx as town or do you read as those voting for lx as town? I'm a little confused.
Stanari: I would have sworn I'd answered that already...
Ah, I totally missed your reply to Cristi. Sorry about that.
Side note, but I was really surprised no one corrected/clarified/expanded on my "GoG player summaries." Surely I didn't cover everything of relevance and/or nothing I said couldn't have an alternate POV?

Anyway, with RW stepping in: At his peak he's strategic and persuasive regardless of alignment. Occasionally a bit abrasive. (While I can be blunt I try to soften my insults typically to avoid making it personal.)

But he will quite literally (figuratively speaking) yell in someone's face. He mentioned getting lynched as town in the last game he played but didn't mention it was partly a town response to him stepping in as mafia sub the game before that, playing somewhat similarly, perhaps even more aggressively, and guiding the mafiaship to flawless victory in a tension-filled affair with a mix of logic, persuasiveness, and outright bludgeoning.

Definitely one of our best all-around players on sheer skill/approach. Not quite as persuasive an outright liar as yogs can be as mafia, but less reckless and more methodical on either side.

I put the agent-slot in the 'no data' camp with some awareness RW would be the likely sub. As town, whatever read you had on agent you just can't take for granted or scum!RW will probably find a way to use it against you.

Imo.
It's "Ask stanari questions she already answered" day! Do you feel honored and celebrated?

Bookwyrm627: -Bler is working his butt off. Hopefully he doesn't burn out. Townier than thou.
-...I was hoping to see some interest in my unexplained vote, but it looks like nobody cared.
I don't expect to burn-out. Slightly curious if you're fishing here.

Will indulge in very vague terms: perhaps I had a plan; perhaps I've been given the gift to see my own fate; perhaps I'm holding no cards at all and thus have no anxiety about whatever follows and just plan to town the shit out it as long as I have the gift of life. It's a mystery!

But I will say, because I enjoy the possibility of created WIFOM, that working my butt off to be lock-towniest, at least for the present, is not accidental. May or may not reflect what I plan to do, or can do, on subsequent days.

As for your vote on cristi I thought it intriguing (being the one other person on said wagon), but there really wasn't much to specifically ask about it, and it didn't linger long in any case. You have to actually leave your bait in longer than that and maybe move it around a bit if you want a girl to respond.

TWSS.

DragonSushi: Ix- Dislike. At the same time, felt like things built up on him kind of quick before he ever posted. Lack of vote tool to tell who it was and how fast has suddenly become something I realize I miss.
Well, your point glosses over the fact that if he had not read the thread as he stated he wouldn't have been aware of what things had built up on him or not, right? ;) Ignorance is bliss, after all.

But as a technical matter, I do believe trent was the only remaining vote on him when he arrived. Lift and Wyrm had both voted and unvoted him (Lift came back on after seeing Ix's opener and follow-up), and yogs had threatened to vote Ix but hadn't.

So the actual pressure on him at time of his first post, imo, was effectively zero at L-8. Even now, despite all the attention, he's L-6.

If there's another actual vote/unvote on him somewhere I'm not finding it with "Vote emma" and "Vote ix" isos.
bler144: It's "Ask stanari questions she already answered" day! Do you feel honored and celebrated?

Bookwyrm627: -Bler is working his butt off. Hopefully he doesn't burn out. Townier than thou.
-...I was hoping to see some interest in my unexplained vote, but it looks like nobody cared.
bler144: I don't expect to burn-out. Slightly curious if you're fishing here.

Will indulge in very vague terms: perhaps I had a plan; perhaps I've been given the gift to see my own fate; perhaps I'm holding no cards at all and thus have no anxiety about whatever follows and just plan to town the shit out it as long as I have the gift of life. It's a mystery!

But I will say, because I enjoy the possibility of created WIFOM, that working my butt off to be lock-towniest, at least for the present, is not accidental. May or may not reflect what I plan to do, or can do, on subsequent days.

As for your vote on cristi I thought it intriguing (being the one other person on said wagon), but there really wasn't much to specifically ask about it, and it didn't linger long in any case. You have to actually leave your bait in longer than that and maybe move it around a bit if you want a girl to respond.

TWSS.

DragonSushi: Ix- Dislike. At the same time, felt like things built up on him kind of quick before he ever posted. Lack of vote tool to tell who it was and how fast has suddenly become something I realize I miss.
bler144: Well, your point glosses over the fact that if he had not read the thread as he stated he wouldn't have been aware of what things had built up on him or not, right? ;) Ignorance is bliss, after all.

But as a technical matter, I do believe trent was the only remaining vote on him when he arrived. Lift and Wyrm had both voted and unvoted him (Lift came back on after seeing Ix's opener and follow-up), and yogs had threatened to vote Ix but hadn't.

So the actual pressure on him at time of his first post, imo, was effectively zero at L-8. Even now, despite all the attention, he's L-6.

If there's another actual vote/unvote on him somewhere I'm not finding it with "Vote emma" and "Vote ix" isos.
It's not about his reaction to it, more about it seeming odd how a wagon was building on one specific afk guy.

But I suppose if it only got to about 3 people it's not that big a deal
I'm here but quite behind.

Lots happened Sunday that pulled me away as I was trying to catch up, and I won't be full speed today after all.

My apologies, but I should be around at least a bit and will post some thoughts about no-lynch after I catch up at some point.
Minor correction - had missed one. Ix has never had more than 3 votes at any time, but has had a range of voters.

Reminder Ix first appears in the thread at #440

Lift: 220 vote for absence, 354 unvote, 468 vote in response to 440
Wyrm: 231 vote for "good place to start", 264 unvote to vote mod instead
Trent: 258 vote for absence (never leaves)

Docbear: 273 vote for absence, 416 unvote because mods will deal with him/bad form, moves to QA
bler: 460 vote on belief Ix is mis-stating pertinent details of entrance into thread

220 climb to 1 vote
231 climb to 2
258 climbed to 3 votes
264 falls to 2
273 climbs back to 3,
354 falls to 2
416 falls to 1
460 climbs to 2
468 climbs to 3 for the third time

Looking at the actual votes, docbear looks like she's just following the crowd on and off, wyrm looks like he's goofing and perhaps baiting (as he implies he was doing with cristi).
I just want to say how much I hate phones. And typing.

Having spent an hour, writing thoughts about every player and being nearly done, everything is gone and I do not know how.

Just poof and gone. Tab is gone.

If I can gather my will, I will try and make that post again.
yogsloth: blah blah blah gonna lurk some more
Don't make me get all paranoid about you again.

Long overdue, but dissatisfied with Wyrm's bait and performance. Unbang wyrm.

Kill Ix
Bang cristi

Brasas: - Dan, the man with no woman
(hung like a horse)
Now that's what I'm talking about. What do you think? Should we two craaaazy kids tie the knot?

We could live a long happy life saying "WHAT?!" loudly back and forth in a slightly-annoyed fashion, and nagging each other to take our meds. Just the way ma and pa did.

Marry Brasas
DragonSushi: What exactly do you mean by the casting a net comment? That makes it sound like you believe there to be mulittle teams to cast a net for. Like if he's a villaget he's casting for wolves obviously. If he's a wolf... why would his casting a net be for anything good? This implies an assumption of more than just one village and one wolf team. Is that so usual here you'd assume it or what?
By casting a net, I mean he is being active. Active players can make mistakes, and we want wolves to be making mistakes. An active wolf will be searching for reasons to lynch townies or protect wolves. If I'm choosing between two players that ping neutral (or undecided), and one is significantly more active, then I'm more inclined to help lynch the less active player.

We've had multiple scum teams from time to time. It isn't so frequent that it gets assumed from the outset, but it isn't something to dismiss out of hand either.

DragonSushi: Also Tammy and Nacho are kind of known for working well together if they're the same alignment
I wouldn't know; my experience with both of them is limited to this game.

Also, there's an interesting implication in your statement: if they work well together, they are likely the same alignment. My mind provided this expansion: If they know they are the same alignment, then logic indicates they are likely to be wolves. What do you think of this implication?

bler144: I don't expect to burn-out. Slightly curious if you're fishing here.
No. It was a straight up comment about how you get really into a game, and perhaps a subtle request to manage your energy so you don't burn out by late game (assuming you survive that long). As near as I can tell, I'm actually on your team this time around.

bler144: As for your vote on cristi I thought it intriguing (being the one other person on said wagon), but there really wasn't much to specifically ask about it, and it didn't linger long in any case. You have to actually leave your bait in longer than that and maybe move it around a bit if you want a girl to respond.
Something else came up, or I'd have left it longer.
Dessimu: Tab is gone.
It's not gone - you can still buy it off Amazon and a few other places.

Hard to find in stores though, for sure. Or maybe...it hasn't been invented yet?

In all seriousness. Sorry for your lost work, but still definitely waiting to see something more from you.
Typing feast #2.

Note that I have no computer around here, now, so I wish and can't go through all of the posts of a few individuals (Nachomamma, Tammy, Bookwyrm, Lifthrasil and Lxamyakxim) and make better insights. Well, technically I can, but that would be pain in the fingers.

• SirCrimsonFox has made more flavor related jokes than comments on issues at hand. That is what "cahoots" meant in this case. As in flavor-like cahoots what with all the animals in the hats. Bookwyrm made a case which sounds about right. So all I can say now - suspected.

• DragonSushi is apparently able in giving content. There is little of it and partly understandable but without any explanations or indications as to why exactly, that just seems like staying shut on purpose. Suspected.

• Stanari - had same problem as above. Lack of content to work on. Could be either mafia or town, though because of a few lines leans more towny than scum. Neutral.

• Nachomamma is like me in my first game and Bler now combined. Acts in towny way, but I put as neutral almost just because of the entrance. I need to reread him.

• Tammy looks towny. It even rhymes! Reminds me of how cristigale plays.

• Cristigale always looks towny. At least for me. I think there are a few certain things she does when being mafia, but I won't tell those and I don't see them either. She makes strong insights on her own for her own. So, towny.

• Bler I like. As a sort of a compliment, I especially like how he described yogsloth and RWarehall. Feels right and amusing. As scum he really plays more chaotic. Now he is honestly involved and knows what he is doing. Town, most certainly. But should not be followed blindly.

• Trentonlf is always saint. Even when he is mafia. I expected him to be more talkative now, but there is not much to talk about, other than smart assumptions of people. I feel like trentonlf is now observing people and is being on his guard against the new players. But this I know: Day 2 and further on he will sniff out any scum slip (as town) and lock onto it. Still, being more silent than usual - neutral for now.

• Brasas is one strong persona. He plays very strong as town, don't know his scum play. Seems to be poking players and not without a reason. We played together resistance game here and Brasas guessed correctly almost all scum team very early on. So what I learned is this - his early suspects should be looked very closely at. Looks towny.

• Docbear leans town more than scum but only based on my gut feeling. I played a few games with her (her, right?) and I feel like as mafia, she would give lead to buddies and follow them. Now she plays her own game. Neutral as of now.

• Lxamyakxim I have also at the neutral camp. Need to reread him, I don't remember all posts. But with vote on no-lynch, I have no problem with. Mainly because we all considered it one way or another by pointing out dead girl-lynch villagers nonsense.

• Lifthrasil I have always suspected in general. I mean, every time I am town and Lift is in the game, I treat him as mafia from beginning until proven otherwise. This time is no exception. Nothing solid, so neutral. Needs to be reread.

• Yogsloth I would expect to roleplay more. He is too calm this time around but hey - can't be a madman all the time. Plus, he probably is exhausted from MU games. I only know he needs to be observed from all angles at all times. Neutral.

Anyone missing?

• Agentcarr, good luck. In general, falls somewhere between neutral ans scummy because of nearly no reflection on the content and that little that has been made - chosen in a very peculiar way.

• RWarehall, welcome to the game. Nothing to base opinion on, so that's that.

Really, anyone else left not mentioned?

Anyone at all?

Me?

I am still waiting for that silver and you all seem to be uninterested in giving me work.

Of the few suspected:

Vote: SirCrimsonFox
No lynch is a waste of time.

Going to sleep now. If I had computer with all the nice addons, I would go through all posts of the select few and make insights with quotes. To do so now - too much of a pain.

As per request to sign our stuff:

Nathaniel (Nathan) Smith - village smith in my name and profession.