It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The classic strategy game receives a new version with fresh features and visuals. Master of Magic is now available on GOG.COM in a completely updated version.

Also, you can now acquire a Master of Magic: Caster of Magic DLC that further expands the game’s universe and the community options.

Note: the classic version of the game will be added as a freebie to every Master of Magic purchase.
tburger: So if I already own MoM classic (purchased it long time ago) I got updated version for free and have to only pick DLC ?
Yes.
Maxvorstadt: Hm, I already own MoM, do I get the updated version for free or do I have to buy another copy of the game? And what does the update change exactly?
tremere110: The game is automatically upgraded for all original owners.
So you're saying we all got this DLC for free if we already owned the game here on GOG?
Post edited February 25, 2020 by Kelefane
Mine was updated and now I have a new launcher but the gamesz are dosbox powered versions as before. Is it really a new version apart the new launcher and community patch? I dont see anything like that.
Post edited February 25, 2020 by Gudadantza
Kelefane: So you're saying we all got this DLC for free if we already owned the game here in GOG?
No, not the DLC. Just the new version of the base game.
Kelefane: So you're saying we all got this DLC for free if we already owned the game here in GOG?
No, you just get the upgraded base game - the DLC is a separate purchase.
tremere110: No, you just get the upgraded base game - the DLC is a separate purchase.
Maxvorstadt: Hm, I already own MoM, do I get the updated version for free or do I have to buy another copy of the game? And what does the update change exactly?
Ah I thought it was just an extra DLC.. instead all the base game has been modified + there's a DLC for it.
It's kinda an "enhanced" edition with the same name.
Also, only Win8\10 supported now (at least officially).

It's good that the update was free and the old version is still available at least.
Post edited February 25, 2020 by phaolo
No. You got the updated version (with the latest community patch). The DLC is separate and costs $2.99(US)
Thanks for the answers to all. Yep, seems as if the new version was added to my account. Under the extras section there seem to be the classic versions. Weird thing is, the french version is 7 times bigger than the other (german and english) versions. Do the french version contain some extra content that the other language versions don`t contain? Confused...

See attached picture.
Attachments:
mom.jpg (25 Kb)
Post edited February 25, 2020 by Maxvorstadt
Maxvorstadt: Thanks for the answers to all. Yep, seems as if the new version was added to my account. Under the extras section there seem to be the classic versions. Weird thing is, the french version is 7 times bigger than the other (german and english) versions. Do the french version contain some extra content that the other language versions don`t contain? Confused...

See attached picture.
French accents:D
Can anybody tell me what the visual improvements are? The improvements in the comunity patch extra version? and If there is a classic version for download under extras, which version is the actual version I have installed with the pretty launcher as companion of the unofficial patch version? I run it and is the old 1.31 version. this is confusing.
Post edited February 25, 2020 by Gudadantza
Maxvorstadt: Thanks for the answers to all. Yep, seems as if the new version was added to my account. Under the extras section there seem to be the classic versions. Weird thing is, the french version is 7 times bigger than the other (german and english) versions. Do the french version contain some extra content that the other language versions don`t contain? Confused...

See attached picture.
So what did they do to the french versions that make them so much larger?
Porquoi le francoise jeu est une bel pomme de terre.

Thanks Duolingo!

See attached picture.
qwixter: So what did they do to the french versions that make them so much larger?
Not sure, could be a mistake since I'm getting a 404 error trying to download it. If it wasnt a mistake and I had to venture a guess, it would probably be the manuals. Different versions tend to be wildly different in size depending on the scan parameters.
Post edited February 25, 2020 by tremere110
Wait. The visuals were changed? What was changed with them exactly? Were sprites changed? Does it look better?