It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The classic strategy game receives a new version with fresh features and visuals. Master of Magic is now available on GOG.COM in a completely updated version.

Also, you can now acquire a Master of Magic: Caster of Magic DLC that further expands the game’s universe and the community options.

Note: the classic version of the game will be added as a freebie to every Master of Magic purchase.
A DLC, 26 years later ? lol :D
What?! Oh hell yeah!
Dafuq...? I'll try it!!!
Wut? lol, nice ;D
Interesting.

Whats even more interesting is that MoM hit Steam today too.
Post edited February 25, 2020 by Kelefane
What!? Incredible O_o'

Btw.. even if this is nice, I'm.. not a super fan of such late DLCs with core gameplay modifications.
At some point a game has to reach a definitive complete edition! (I mean after a reasonable time)

Also, the chance to screw up is high (see the competence of some remasters or enahanced editions of old titles).
So, in this case it could be ok, but I kinda hope it will never become another trend..

EDIT: ah, this is kinda an "enhanced" edition with the same name + DLC
Post edited February 25, 2020 by phaolo
Curious.
huh, looks like the community is okay with this
Hey GOG, you might want to remove the "This game is powered by DOSBox." line from the store page, or amend it to explain that this only applies to the classic version. (I assume the updated one doesn't use DOSBox.)

EDIT: Never mind, it's apparently literally an update to the DOS game, so it still uses the emulator. o_O
Post edited February 25, 2020 by HunchBluntley
Hm, I already own MoM, do I get the updated version for free or do I have to buy another copy of the game? And what does the update change exactly?
So if I already own MoM classic (purchased it long time ago) I got updated version for free and have to only pick DLC ?
Maxvorstadt: Hm, I already own MoM, do I get the updated version for free or do I have to buy another copy of the game? And what does the update change exactly?
The game is automatically upgraded for all original owners.
phaolo: Btw.. even if this is nice, I'm.. not a super fan of such late DLCs with core gameplay modifications.
At some point a game has to reach a definitive complete edition! (I mean after a reasonable time)
What's the harm though? As long as the new content is optional, I'd like to see classic games supported forever.
high rated
tfishell: huh, looks like the community is okay with this
Because 1.) it's a free update for those who already own it, 2.) the price didn't change (which is curious), and 3.) the old version is still included with purchase. If one (or, God help them, all) of those things were not true, you can bet there would be hot tar and chicken feathers being readied for those responsible.