It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

viico: (full disclosure: I'm one of the developer and I'm outrageously posting it here)

BOMB is the aerial-combat game you get when you mix Crimson Skies and Porco Rosso.
store.steampowered.com/app/301500

No DRM whatsoever, you can copy the game's folder and put it right away on your USB stick or BitTorrent!

One limitation though: no server browser outside of Steam, just direct IP connections.

edit: sorry, can't post URLs at the moment...
I just went to steam to check it out, and it turns out I've already got it wishlisted! Once you're out of early access, I'll be picking this one up.

It would be cool if it came to GOG.

There's a wishlist entry for it:
http://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/bomb

Not much love for it so far.
Post edited July 23, 2015 by hummer010
low rated
Reminder: Steam is DRM.
Immoli: Reminder: Steam is DRM.
No more than Galaxy is
OldFatGuy: DRM has been successfully redefined to now in essence mean that all games are DRM free.
Isn't postmodernism great?
Read this post:

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/list_of_drmfree_games_on_steam/post1107
You also need your GOG login to even download your darned games.

Sometimes I can't understand how stupid people can be.
Does Titan Quest: Gold have CEG or any other 3rd party DRM on Steam?
Reminder: No, it's not. It has an optional DRM component that can be completely ignored by developers/publishers, and that's what we're talking about here. This has been made very clear, no matter how many "reminders" may be posted here. Reading can be fun!

Seriously, though, Steam and GOG Galaxy have about as much DRM as each other. It's up the developer/publisher of a Steam game to utilize Valve's DRM, and a lot of them don't do that.

zeroxxx: You also need your GOG login to even download your darned games.

And then you can back up those games to play later and literally lose access to GOG forever; being too cheap to buy an external hard drive doesn't mean a game has DRM. If merely logging into a website counts as DRM, then I guess things like Amazon's MP3s all actually have DRM, too; seeing as how my Amazon songs are on about 10 different devices at the moment without ever having to log in to copy/paste them everywhere, I'd say logging in probably doesn't make a difference once I have the music. DRM-free Steam games and GOG games are no different. Hell, if logging in is DRM, then I guess that broom that you bought from Amazon has DRM, too.
Post edited July 25, 2015 by pedrovay2003

But after we finished with download, we do not need to use GOG login to run that downloaded game. And you CANNOT run your Steam games without Steam itself even after you downloaded it. You need to activate the game each time you install it, no matter how many times you did it in the past.
So your reasoning is not that good and Steam IS DRM.
Post edited July 25, 2015 by Yunipuma
Yunipuma: And you CANNOT run your Steam games without Steam itself even after you downloaded it. You need to activate the game each time you install it, no matter how many times you did it in the past.
This is incorrect, and it's the entire point of this thread. Every game on that wiki's list can be copied/pasted to ANY PC after it's downloaded, and Steam is NEVER required to play. Ori and the Blind Forest, Super Meat Boy, Half-Life 2, and all the other games on that list are completely portable; Steam is used as a delivery service and literally nothing else. I've even gone so far as to keep a few games that I really like on my flash drive that I always carry with me, so I can just pop it into a friend's PC or a computer at a public library and start playing it straight from the drive, no Steam in sight. The Steam client is 100% NOT DRM, and it never has been; the developer/publisher can choose to utilize its OPTIONAL DRM, however, but none of the games we're talking about here have that problem, which is why this topic even exists in the first place.
Post edited July 25, 2015 by pedrovay2003

Yunipuma: But after we finished with download, we do not need to use GOG login to run that downloaded game. And you CANNOT run your Steam games without Steam itself even after you downloaded it. You need to activate the game each time you install it, no matter how many times you did it in the past.
Not always.

If a game doesn't have CEG (Steam's DRM) and also doesn't have other 3rd party DRM (i.e. Tages, Securom, Starforce, etc etc) - then you can keep the game-folder; move it anywhere you feel like; and it'll work (without Steam).

Example:
If you get Wizardry 8 from Steam - just keep the folder elsewhere as a back-up if you want.
Copy + paste that game folder to C:\Wiz8.
Set it up for graphics settings.
Run the EXE in there.
Works without Steam.
Post edited July 25, 2015 by MysterD
As requested, I've created a brand-new thread with the wiki link in the original post. I think this will be a much better way for people to find the current list of games, so check it out if you get the chance. Let me know if I should add anything!

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/drmfree_games_on_steam_uptodate_list
viico: (full disclosure: I'm one of the developer and I'm outrageously posting it here)

BOMB is the aerial-combat game you get when you mix Crimson Skies and Porco Rosso.
store.steampowered.com/app/301500

No DRM whatsoever, you can copy the game's folder and put it right away on your USB stick or BitTorrent!

One limitation though: no server browser outside of Steam, just direct IP connections.

edit: sorry, can't post URLs at the moment...
hummer010: I just went to steam to check it out, and it turns out I've already got it wishlisted! Once you're out of early access, I'll be picking this one up.

It would be cool if it came to GOG.

There's a wishlist entry for it:
http://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/bomb

Not much love for it so far.
Now there is one entry more :) Game looks nice and much of fun.
Okay, so, let's try this again, but with wording that doesn't seemingly keep people awake at night:

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/steam_games_you_can_play_without_the_steam_client
I have checked the windows versions of these games to be DRM free
on steam:

Brothers
Chernobyl Commando
Collapse
Consortium
Dead Effect
Depths of Fear: Knossos
Dusk-12
Enslavced (only english???)
For the Glory (with patch 1.3beta)
Heroine's Quest
Ironclads: American Civil War
J.U.L.I.A
King Arthur Collection
King Arthur: Fallen Champions
Kraven Manor
Lionheart: King's Crusade
Outlast
Postal 2 Complete
Primordia
Resonance
Rise of the Triad [2013]
Silent Hill: Homecoming
SIN
Slender: The Arrival
Strife Veteran Edition
Tesla Effect
The Cat Lady
The Vanishing of Ethan Carter Redux (start with Binaries\Win64\EthanCarter-Win64-Shipping.exe)