It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Regarding Journey to the Savage Planet, I received the following reply from 505 Games:

We will forward your email to the development team so that they can take it into consideration.
Unfortunately, we don’t have the ability to activate trophies or achievements.
We recommend restarting from a previous mission or checkpoint prior to when the achievement was supposed to activate.

I'm not missing something, am I? The game only autosaves into one of 3 slots, so there's no way to go back other than restarting the whole game, right? I also didn't ask them to manually unlock any achievements, which makes me think that was just a boilerplate response.
Kevin04: Or maybe you forgot one of the bosses, a baboushka or burglesnatch variant?
I've read somewhere that you only need to slap one of every species, not every variant and not the bosses. I'll report back if I ever get around to testing it myself.
Alexim, I didn't think I would live to this day, but you can already delete "A Hat in Time" from the list of "MISSING AND BROKEN GALAXY ACHIEVEMENTS".

Achievements are working!
Post edited January 13, 2022 by Patias
Patias: Alexim, I didn't think I would live to this day, but you can already delete "A Hat in Time" from the list of "MISSING AND BROKEN GALAXY ACHIEVEMENTS".

Can confirm, the latest update seemed to fix them.
Patias: Alexim, I didn't think I would live to this day, but you can already delete "A Hat in Time" from the list of "MISSING AND BROKEN GALAXY ACHIEVEMENTS".

discountbuyer: Can confirm, the latest update seemed to fix them.
Great! I'm very happy to know that this strange bug to the achievements has been fixed!
Follow-up to my previous post about I Come in Peace in Journey to the Savage Planet:
I can say for certain that I didn't slap most of the bosses. I don't know about every species variant, because I have no idea when I got the achievement. I just started up GOG Galaxy again, and there it was, at the top of the list.
It would be nice if Old Game Master unlocks as painlessly, but I'm trying not to get my hopes up. Edit: Nope. It's definitely broken.
Post edited January 16, 2022 by Ice_Mage
If you block a game from accessing the internet will it break the achievements and make them not unlockable?
aCyborg: If you block a game from accessing the internet will it break the achievements and make them not unlockable?
Yes, the game executable needs Internet access alongside GOG Galaxy. Also note that some games have multiple executables, with a launcher in the main installation folder and something like *-shipping64.exe buried in some deep subfolder structure.
aCyborg: If you block a game from accessing the internet will it break the achievements and make them not unlockable?
Ice_Mage: Yes, the game executable needs Internet access alongside GOG Galaxy. Also note that some games have multiple executables, with a launcher in the main installation folder and something like *-shipping64.exe buried in some deep subfolder structure.
kk, because Horizon Zero Dawn was connecting to some telemetry server or something so I blocked HZD from internet and achivos weren't working.
aCyborg: kk, because Horizon Zero Dawn was connecting to some telemetry server or something so I blocked HZD from internet and achivos weren't working.
I don't know what specifically games need to connect to online for achievements. If your firewall has fine-grained control, you might find out through trial and error by blocking target servers selectively. I ran out of both time and patience and just wanted the @%#*$ things to work.
Ice_Mage: I don't know what specifically games need to connect to online for achievements. If your firewall has fine-grained control, you might find out through trial and error by blocking target servers selectively. I ran out of both time and patience and just wanted the @%#*$ things to work.
understandable
I mean at this point I'll just let the game do it's telemetry...
I mean I pretty much beat the game at this point, like 2 or 3 hours left at the max.
The Master Fisher achievement for Trails in the Sky SC is broken, whatever it uses to track the fish you got it's missing one or more of them on the fishing book and it's a problem that seemed to also exist on the Steam version but from my research that got fixed on there.

I've tried rolling back to previous versions of the game, used all of the executables available, reinstalled GOG Galaxy and even went as far as going back multiple chapters in the game and catching a bunch of fish again and nothing triggered the achievement. Considering it has a 7.8% completion rate it's not totally broken but there is something wrong with it and the last remaining thing can think of trying is restarting a fresh new save, not using new game plus data like I've een playing thus far, and replaying through hours of content all over again.

And it is worth pointing out as well that it's the only achievement in the game that didn't trigger, all of the others did.
Post edited January 30, 2022 by Alexdz
Anyone mind clarifying Achievements? I do not play any games with them and it seems more of an affectation to gaming. Rather than serving a purpose of improvement to a game or game mechanic.

Caveat: is the fact the achievements are broken and SHOULD work the core of the problem or is it something else?
(30 pages of random commentary is a lot to seek my answer, cut me some slack)
Alexdz: The Master Fisher achievement for Trails in the Sky SC is broken, whatever it uses to track the fish you got it's missing one or more of them on the fishing book and it's a problem that seemed to also exist on the Steam version but from my research that got fixed on there.

I've tried rolling back to previous versions of the game, used all of the executables available, reinstalled GOG Galaxy and even went as far as going back multiple chapters in the game and catching a bunch of fish again and nothing triggered the achievement. Considering it has a 7.8% completion rate it's not totally broken but there is something wrong with it and the last remaining thing can think of trying is restarting a fresh new save, not using new game plus data like I've een playing thus far, and replaying through hours of content all over again.

And it is worth pointing out as well that it's the only achievement in the game that didn't trigger, all of the others did.
Thanks for the notice, unfortunately the achievements on XSEED games leave a lot to be desired, in the list I have at the moment:

AKIBA'S TRIP: Hellbound & Debriefed:
"Late game achievements seem broken in the current version of the game. (Roll back for obtain them)"

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II:
"All achievements have stopped working. (Roll back for unlock them)"

Xanadu Next:
- Out of Breath (It doesn't unlock properly)
- Defender
- Kublai Khan (Possibly bugged 0,0%)

Ys I & II Chronicles+:
- Esteria, We Hardly Knew Ye
- Set Sail For New Adventure

Ys Origin:
- Truly Gifted
It unlocks too early. Should unlock when you get all blessing for all characters, but it unlocks after you had all blessings for the first character fully done.

Zwei: The Arges Adventure:
- True Treasure Hunter

To which I'll add Trails in the Sky SC. I and other people have contacted XSEED and the developers several times, but despite receiving answers, they never do anything to fix the achievements.

The only thing I can recommend is to open a ticket on GOG support, which surely will not do anything but at least will be informed of the bug, and also write an email as detailed as possible to this address: support@xseedgames.com

I also know that one of their most important programmers, Sara, has an account here on GOG and sometimes she posted, but at the moment I can't find her. It might be useful to contact her directly. I think the only way to see any change is to keep pushing as hard as possible.
Shmacky-McNuts: Anyone mind clarifying Achievements? I do not play any games with them and it seems more of an affectation to gaming. Rather than serving a purpose of improvement to a game or game mechanic.

Caveat: is the fact the achievements are broken and SHOULD work the core of the problem or is it something else?
(30 pages of random commentary is a lot to seek my answer, cut me some slack)
Yes, this is a thread dedicated to those who like achievements and have found some bugs that prevent them from being unlocked.
Post edited January 30, 2022 by Alexim
AH! So there are games that unlock other portions of a game with achievements. Thank you for that information. Makes it more clear. =D
Alexim: Thanks for the notice, unfortunately the achievements on XSEED games leave a lot to be desired.
Well that's a fucking shame. I don't play these games just for the achievements of course but it's a cool challenge for subsequent playthroughs like I'm what doing with the series and it's especially annoying because I 100%'d Trails in the Sky FC and Trails of Cold Steel 3 and 4 as well, so it's just this missing hole on that franchise.

I guess all we have to do is hope some programmer at Xseed gets really bored and has enough free time to fix it one day.