It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

MarkoH01: Yes, and that means that you can quite easy distinguish between an i and an l.
real.geizterfahr: Then I was right, and Impaler looks exactly like ImpaIer. I'll (<- which of these letters are Is and which are Ls?) try to explain it again... The correct username is Impaler, which looks like this in uppercase: IMPALER. The second one is ImpaIer, which looks like this in uppercase: IMPAIER. Non-Adalia users will see the name as IMPAIER, while users with the script will read it as ImpaIer, which looks identical to Impaler (with lowercase L instead of uppercase i).

Lowercase L: l
Uppercase i: I

Who am I? real.geizterfahr or reaI.geizterfahr? Careful there, these names are not the same ;)
Ah, now I understood.
Post edited February 20, 2016 by MarkoH01
real.geizterfahr: Wasn't the script designed to show the username the way the user wrote it?
Btw, If you just copy-paste the uppercase name, you'll get the real one without the need of any script.
real.geizterfahr: Wasn't the script designed to show the username the way the user wrote it?
phaolo: Btw, If you just copy-paste the uppercase name, you'll get the real one without the need of any script.
I think that is known - however I doubt that everybody does that before chatting with someone.
Post edited February 20, 2016 by MarkoH01
As I mentioned in the trading thread, I got a reply for a trade from a "jesusburt0n" account who appears to be impersonating this jesusburton. (Same fallout avatar and such.) Seems like a scammer to me, and I didn't find the name on the scammer list here or on the wiki.
Post edited February 20, 2016 by LaithArkham
This may have been addressed prior to my thinking of it just now, but there is also no profile system (afaik. I haven't really checked) here in GOG forums. Also, no links in the chat system to view user's aforementioned profiles or posts that user has created in order to identify rep status and potential alternate accounts.

I love GOG and I'm sure there is no need to place blame on anyone with GOG staff, because the website looks great and has many fantastic features. Rome wasn't built in a day and there are many, many... many details that go into coding and scripting while creating a fancy website like this. Not to mention everything else that goes on behind the scenes that many of us (me included) don't know about. Pricing, legal workings, staff/project management, etc etc.

I will say some features could use improvement, as is true with just about anything, but I'd like to be clear when I say I don't think it's anyone's fault in particular.

I also think scamming someone for giveaway games is one thing, but scamming someone out of games someone plans to trade, which they bought with their own money is straight grimy. Scandalous. Sketchy a.f.

But I'm more interested in observing potential improvements to the site. Positivity over negativity.
LaithArkham: As I mentioned in the trading thread, I got a reply for a trade from a "jesusburt0n" account who appears to be impersonating this jesusburton. (Same fallout avatar and such.) Seems like a scammer to me, and I didn't find the name on the scammer list here or on the wiki.
I believe Impaier26 (the person that scammed me) has been banned. In the case that your jesusburt0n has been banned, there may be no need to put his/her name on the scammer list. As long as they permanently banned the account, there's no way for another person to use that same name while trying to create a new account.

Modding forums can be quite interesting. :)
Post edited February 21, 2016 by Terrapin2190
Terrapin2190: I believe Impaier26 (the person that scammed me) has been banned. In the case that your jesusburt0n has been banned, there may be no need to put his/her name on the scammer list. As long as they permanently banned the account, there's no way for another person to use that same name while trying to create a new account.

Is there anything I can do to report this person, aside from posting in one of the known scammer threads?
high rated
LaithArkham: Is there anything I can do to report this person, aside from posting in one of the known scammer threads?
To report a scammer to GOG you need to contact Support, give them all the details and evidence, and ask them to lock the account.
high rated
ATTENTION

There seems to be another account impersonating hummer010.

It uses the letter "O" in place of the zeros "0", so shows as HUMMERO1O or hummero1o if one uses adaliabooks' script. And uses the same avatar, of course.

Caution advised.
low rated
Terrapin2190: This may have been addressed prior to my thinking of it just now, but there is also no profile system (afaik. I haven't really checked) here in GOG forums. Also, no links in the chat system to view user's aforementioned profiles or posts that user has created in order to identify rep status and potential alternate accounts.

I love GOG and I'm sure there is no need to place blame on anyone with GOG staff, because the website looks great and has many fantastic features. Rome wasn't built in a day and there are many, many... many details that go into coding and scripting while creating a fancy website like this. Not to mention everything else that goes on behind the scenes that many of us (me included) don't know about. Pricing, legal workings, staff/project management, etc etc.

I will say some features could use improvement, as is true with just about anything, but I'd like to be clear when I say I don't think it's anyone's fault in particular.

I also think scamming someone for giveaway games is one thing, but scamming someone out of games someone plans to trade, which they bought with their own money is straight grimy. Scandalous. Sketchy a.f.

But I'm more interested in observing potential improvements to the site. Positivity over negativity.
LaithArkham: As I mentioned in the trading thread, I got a reply for a trade from a "jesusburt0n" account who appears to be impersonating this jesusburton. (Same fallout avatar and such.) Seems like a scammer to me, and I didn't find the name on the scammer list here or on the wiki.
Terrapin2190: I believe Impaier26 (the person that scammed me) has been banned. In the case that your jesusburt0n has been banned, there may be no need to put his/her name on the scammer list. As long as they permanently banned the account, there's no way for another person to use that same name while trying to create a new account.

I'd like to keep track of all the alts that have been used if i were you (someone that was scammed) even if they were banned. Just your friendly neighbourhood wakalo talking here .. :)

I like my new games yo, thanks! :D
More hummer's!! Holy Jesus! That's not me this time :D
Post edited February 21, 2016 by deepdig
LaithArkham: Is there anything I can do to report this person, aside from posting in one of the known scammer threads?
HypersomniacLive: To report a scammer to GOG you need to contact Support, give them all the details and evidence, and ask them to lock the account.
Thanks. Took a couple comparison screenshots of the guy's message and the actual jesusburton, and sent that along with a description in the report.
Terrapin2190: This may have been addressed prior to my thinking of it just now, but there is also no profile system (afaik. I haven't really checked) here in GOG forums. Also, no links in the chat system to view user's aforementioned profiles or posts that user has created in order to identify rep status and potential alternate accounts.

I believe Impaier26 (the person that scammed me) has been banned. In the case that your jesusburt0n has been banned, there may be no need to put his/her name on the scammer list. As long as they permanently banned the account, there's no way for another person to use that same name while trying to create a new account.

deepdig: I'd like to keep track of all the alts that have been used if i were you (someone that was scammed) even if they were banned. Just your friendly neighbourhood wakalo talking here .. :)

I like my new games yo, thanks! :D
More hummer's!! Holy Jesus! That's not me this time :D
I'm not even going to humor you with a negative rep point.

You stole someone else's $2 that they worked for for a game with bad ratings that you don't like and probably won't even play... yay!!!
Terrapin2190: You stole someone else's $2 that they worked for for a game with bad ratings that you don't like and probably won't even play... yay!!!
Yes, they are living in a world of illusuion where such things are considered to be a great achievement. Well, the only hope I have for them is that the real life will sometime teach them how the world is working in reality. Those things won't get you very far when it comes to earn actual money ...
low rated
Terrapin2190: You stole someone else's $2 that they worked for for a game with bad ratings that you don't like and probably won't even play... yay!!!
MarkoH01: Yes, they are living in a world of illusuion where such things are considered to be a great achievement. Well, the only hope I have for them is that the real life will sometime teach them how the world is working in reality. Those things won't get you very far when it comes to earn actual money ...
You talk like i steal stuff from people in real life lmao. I'm sorry to tell you that i'm the exact oppposite. I just don't give a shit about strangers who are scattered throughout the globe. The only people that matter to me are the ones i care about and that's a fact. If i was like you, someone else would take advantage of me like i'm doing to you. Hey i'm just being smart here :)
MarkoH01: Yes, they are living in a world of illusuion where such things are considered to be a great achievement. Well, the only hope I have for them is that the real life will sometime teach them how the world is working in reality. Those things won't get you very far when it comes to earn actual money ...
deepdig: The only people that matter to me are the ones i care about and that's a fact.
That's great, but what happens when one of them gets a hole and deflates?
low rated
deepdig: The only people that matter to me are the ones i care about and that's a fact.
tinyE: That's great, but what happens when one of them gets a hole and deflates?
I'm going to answer you just this time :)
That's your best threat? Good luck finding out who i am and THEN the ones i care about :)