It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Terrapin2190: Not to sound too critical, because I absolutely love what the staff do here, but GOG should really do a bit of work on their chat system. Namely, displaying usernames in chat in true case letters instead of all capital. They're even in all caps in the messages listing. Duped again :) Ain't life grand?
Install this and your chat/caps/scammer problem should be history:
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/adalia_fundamentals_fixing_gog_so_you_dont_have_to

I just stumbled about this a few days ago and it also fixes the library sort and adds several features. I just love, love, love it!

Edit: Ninja'd - but you cannot praise this enough. It should be mandatory imo.
Impaler26: I decided to stop all trading on GOG and deleted my trade list so at least the scammer can't use that anymore:

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/gogs_general_trading_thread/post6

DO NOT SEND ANY KEYS TO SOMEONE CALLED "impaier26" IN CHAT!!!
The problem with this warning is that many people will not even notice that they are talking to impaier26 because of the caps problem without adalia's script.
Terrapin2190: Thanks for the concern and the info. That's pretty neat. I'm still reading, but I assume it's something you can apply with advanced browser settings?? I'll read on to see what this is all about :)
In fact it is quite easy to install. Just read the OP and all is expained. If you have questions about it feel free to contact me.
Post edited February 20, 2016 by MarkoH01
MarkoH01: The problem with this warning is that many people will not even notice that they are talking to impaier26 because of the caps problem without adalia's script.
And users with the script won't notice that they're talking with ImpaIer26 (note the uppercase i instead of lowercase L - Il) if they don't look at the registration date. The script is a nice thing, but people should always hit the PM button on the trading post of a member (or type the name into the chat search thingy, if they know the exact name) to make sure they're talking with the right person.

Maybe every active trader should place a "I don't offer trades via PM without replying to you in this thread first! If you got a PM from me, reply to me by hitting the PM button of this post!" at the top of his trading post?

ps. And whenever someone says "You should go first because I have higher rep", immediately stop the conversation and double check who's talking to you!
Post edited February 20, 2016 by real.geizterfahr
MarkoH01: The problem with this warning is that many people will not even notice that they are talking to impaier26 because of the caps problem without adalia's script.
real.geizterfahr: And users with the script won't notice that they're talking with ImpaIer26 (note the uppercase i instead of lowercase L - Il) if they don't look at the registration date.
That is not true because with the script the user name is not written in caps anymore. Also the registration date is shon in chat too with the script.
Post edited February 20, 2016 by MarkoH01
deepdig: I won't lie, i'm kinda sad for what happened a few years ago. The community was very friendly and everybody trusted eachother 'till i started my scamming spree. I'm not sure but i think i was the first one who started scamming here.

I just felt like a kid in a candy store eh. That wasn't my first time scamming either. I started scamming on reddit and i had a shit ton of success and i still do. I'm not even talking about bundle games, i actually scam people out of their REAL money on reddit. After that i just convert my money into TF2 keys in case the money is taken away from my paypal i won't be my problem anymore :D

Anyway.. I just feel like i was the one responsible for letting loose all these scammers. I'm sure there are a few more besides NES but they don't like the spotlight eh
well, i don't think i need to argue with you anymore. you're on a self-destructive path that you can't turn away from and the destination is jail. and believe me that redditors are not as nice as goggers, nor is the security as bad as it is here (sorry GoG, love you, but you need a major overhaul). have fun while you can.
UltraNES: great team here :))))))))
not much longer, i'm sure
deepdig: So what am i? A psycopath or a sociopath?
SuperNES: i remember trying to get these ranks in Hitman Contracts
:))))))))))

Nes/Tauto team is back watch out goggers !!!!!!!!!
http://postimg.org/image/uz3jsr7jd/
this is an actual picture of the "Nes/Tauto Team":

if they weren't scammers, they'd be damned fine outsider-comedians. if it's even a "they".
Attachments:
Post edited February 20, 2016 by mrmarioanonym
low rated
Impaler26: I decided to stop all trading on GOG and deleted my trade list so at least the scammer can't use that anymore:

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/gogs_general_trading_thread/post6

DO NOT SEND ANY KEYS TO SOMEONE CALLED "impaier26" IN CHAT!!!
Too late. The damage is already done. I've scammed 4 people
Thanks for your nickname :)
Doesn't matter if you delete your posts, I've already done all i could with your nickname :)
real.geizterfahr: And users with the script won't notice that they're talking with ImpaIer26 (note the uppercase i instead of lowercase L - Il) if they don't look at the registration date.
MarkoH01: That is not true because with the script the user name is not written in caps anymore. Also the registration date is shon in chat too with the script.
Wasn't the script designed to show the username the way the user wrote it? Like KiNgBrAdLeYmYsHiFtKeYiSdRuNk, for example? And yes, I know that it shows registration date too. But I bet most users won't use the script. Users who know about Barefoot's and Adalia's scripts probably know about NES and wakalo too and know how to avoid getting scammed by them. Thus my idea too put a warning about PM scams in every trading post.
low rated
deepdig: I won't lie, i'm kinda sad for what happened a few years ago. The community was very friendly and everybody trusted eachother 'till i started my scamming spree. I'm not sure but i think i was the first one who started scamming here.

I just felt like a kid in a candy store eh. That wasn't my first time scamming either. I started scamming on reddit and i had a shit ton of success and i still do. I'm not even talking about bundle games, i actually scam people out of their REAL money on reddit. After that i just convert my money into TF2 keys in case the money is taken away from my paypal i won't be my problem anymore :D

Anyway.. I just feel like i was the one responsible for letting loose all these scammers. I'm sure there are a few more besides NES but they don't like the spotlight eh
mrmarioanonym: well, i don't think i need to argue with you anymore. you're on a self-destructive path that you can't turn away from and the destination is jail. and believe me that redditors are not as nice as goggers, nor is the security as bad as it is here (sorry GoG, love you, but you need a major overhaul). have fun while you can.
mrmarioanonym: not much longer, i'm sure

mrmarioanonym: this is an actual picture of the "Nes/Tauto Team":

if they weren't scammers, they'd be damned fine outsider-comedians. if it's even a "they".
Oh.. the jail comments again. I'm very sad to tell you but .. people rarely bother with this kind of stuff. True story :)
Jail isn't an option, i'm sorry :)
Interpol won't bother with this kind of stuff either lmao. You actually think you know more than me? Everything i have is fake. EMAIL ADRESS, PAYPAL ACCOUNT, GOG ACCOUNT, REDDIT ACCOUNT.. Everything is fake. Plus i always use a VPN :)
mrmarioanonym:
ImpaIer26: Everything i have is fake.
Yeah, your girlfriend confirmed this.
low rated

mrmarioanonym: well, i don't think i need to argue with you anymore. you're on a self-destructive path that you can't turn away from and the destination is jail. and believe me that redditors are not as nice as goggers, nor is the security as bad as it is here (sorry GoG, love you, but you need a major overhaul). have fun while you can.
mrmarioanonym: not much longer, i'm sure

mrmarioanonym: this is an actual picture of the "Nes/Tauto Team":

By the way.. nice rep.. -102 :D
I think you got everything wrong.. I'm not fat and i certainly don't have acne. Sorry about that.. eh
MarkoH01: That is not true because with the script the user name is not written in caps anymore. Also the registration date is shon in chat too with the script.
real.geizterfahr: Wasn't the script designed to show the username the way the user wrote it? Like KiNgBrAdLeYmYsHiFtKeYiSdRuNk, for example? And yes, I know that it shows registration date too. But I bet most users won't use the script. Users who know about Barefoot's and Adalia's scripts probably know about NES and wakalo too and know how to avoid getting scammed by them. Thus my idea too put a warning about PM scams in every trading post.
DING DING DING!! CORRECT ANSWER MONKEY!
I mean.. Bear?
The little GOG monkeys are learning! Too bad the new monkeys are still dumb.

Anyway..
Don't say i didn't warn you. I have targets. I still have lots of them :) Just a matter of time!
Oh.. the thrill of the hunt
Post edited February 20, 2016 by ImpaIer26
real.geizterfahr: Wasn't the script designed to show the username the way the user wrote it? Like KiNgBrAdLeYmYsHiFtKeYiSdRuNk, for example?
Yes, and that means that you can quite easy distinguish between an i and an l.

real.geizterfahr: And yes, I know that it shows registration date too. But I bet most users won't use the script.
I did not even know about this great script until a few days ago. That is the reason I want to inform everyone (not only because of the scummer thing.

real.geizterfahr: Thus my idea too put a warning about PM scams in every trading post.
Of course - you never can be too safe.
Just checking, but everyone knows I have never traded here right and probably never will.

Needle dick has been promising to use my nick for six months now. :P My guess is I'm too much man for him to take on which is kind of sad considering I only have one testicle. :D
ImpaIer26: Oh.. the thrill of the hunt
You call lying to a bunch of people who are just a bit too trustfull "hunting"? Every hunter would laught at you since you are basically doing nothing. Maybe that is because you just are not capable of doing anything which really would require some intelligence. But even FEELING great (without being it) can probably be a wonderful thing. It's all just a matter of your imagination and if you cannot achieve anything in real life at least you have your dreams and phantasies telling you that lying is kind of great. You are clearly wrong but you probably won't even understand it if I would tell you why.
Guys, I found Nes: Red Son.
[audio is highly NSFW, turn down the volume]
real.geizterfahr: Wasn't the script designed to show the username the way the user wrote it? Like KiNgBrAdLeYmYsHiFtKeYiSdRuNk, for example?
MarkoH01: Yes, and that means that you can quite easy distinguish between an i and an l.
It means that with the script you can't distinguish between upper case I and lower case l. Ironically, it would have been possible to distinguish the scriptless capitalized versions I and L.

Looks like our scammer is learning. First he tried to discredit the script with a fake virus thread, now he's learned to adapt his methods.
Post edited February 20, 2016 by ZFR
MarkoH01: Yes, and that means that you can quite easy distinguish between an i and an l.
Then I was right, and Impaler looks exactly like ImpaIer. I'll (<- which of these letters are Is and which are Ls?) try to explain it again... The correct username is Impaler, which looks like this in uppercase: IMPALER. The second one is ImpaIer, which looks like this in uppercase: IMPAIER. Non-Adalia users will see the name as IMPAIER, while users with the script will read it as ImpaIer, which looks identical to Impaler (with lowercase L instead of uppercase i).

Lowercase L: l
Uppercase i: I

Who am I? real.geizterfahr or reaI.geizterfahr? Careful there, these names are not the same ;)
Post edited February 20, 2016 by real.geizterfahr