It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
I don't regularly follow this thread & haven't read the last few posts or anything....
Wanted to make the suggestion that perhaps a PKI structure might help to some extent?
After all that's the idea behind PKI... to help verify identities.
Have a single, & if possible, moderated, thread where GPG keys are signed by traders & make it the only place to get public keys & such.
Would take a bit of work to hammer it out since e-mail isn't used on a regular basis here. Each message would have to have something encrypted that the trade would depend on so only the real user could make the trade not a fake account.

i.e. junglepredator will be able to finish the trade while account junglepredat0r will not since the encrypted part (the keys maybe?) can only be decrypted by my private key.
zeogold: I'm going to be gravely disappointed if you don't finish this thing.
Heck, I'd pay to see it acted. I know a few desperate community theaters.
tinyE: I don't want to lose another friend here but I'm going to be disappointed if he does.

If someone who had never been in this forum before and took a look at this mess all they would see is a bunch of little kids bickering on a playground about who's dad was tougher, all with some jackass on the sidelines picking his nose and making stupid jokes because he was too much of a coward to take a side.
...why doe he need to "take a side"? If he isn't automatically #TeamZeogold, he's the bad guy somehow? By that logic, should Foxworks be shunned too just because he was close with Sachys?
The "jackass on the sidelines" seems more to me like he's making satirical jokes to show the little kids how stupid and pointless their fight is.
Wow! Just wow! Here I am, completely baffled and disappointed at the same time. I always thought that the GOG community was a friendly one. Much different from the community (if you can even call it that) on steam. But on the last pages I probably heard more swear words than I heard in real life the last two weeks and the tone was so unGOG - I really did not like it. It may be that I just don't know enough of the forum history (i.e. I don't have an idea what TBBBBOB even could mean at all). But I really don't think that there could be ANY reason at all to be so unfriendly. There were some here who at least tried to argue in a normal tone with normal arguments and that gave me hope again .... I really hope that such kind of discussions don't become the norm here on GOG.

That being said: I am on Tautos side regarding naming scammers and even assuming who could be a scammer.
Whenever you write in this very thread that someone MAY be a scammer people will remember - no matter if they are in fact or if they are not and no matter if you should find out later that this person was not and you try to clear his name again (which often simply does not work). I don't think it's fair to risk the reputation of somebody just because you could not find any forum posts here (there might as well be people who stumbled over this forum using google but still have some keys - maybe from other platforms?). If you do a trade and the other person does not deliver however it's pretty sure fore me. Before that for me it is nothing more than a bad feeling which I would have to fight on my own because speaking it out loud - especially in this thread. I don't want to accuse anybody of anything - it's just my opinion of when I think a person is a scammer and should be named as such.

Again: It it just MY opinion which nobody has to agree but which I wanted to post here (because freedom of speech and such ;)).
MarkoH01: Wow! Just wow! Here I am, completely baffled and disappointed at the same time. I always thought that the GOG community was a friendly one. Much different from the community (if you can even call it that) on steam. But on the last pages I probably heard more swear words than I heard in real life the last two weeks and the tone was so unGOG - I really did not like it. It may be that I just don't know enough of the forum history (i.e. I don't have an idea what TBBBBOB even could mean at all). But I really don't think that there could be ANY reason at all to be so unfriendly. There were some here who at least tried to argue in a normal tone with normal arguments and that gave me hope again .... I really hope that such kind of discussions don't become the norm here on GOG.

That being said: I am on Tautos side regarding naming scammers and even assuming who could be a scammer.
Whenever you write in this very thread that someone MAY be a scammer people will remember - no matter if they are in fact or if they are not and no matter if you should find out later that this person was not and you try to clear his name again (which often simply does not work). I don't think it's fair to risk the reputation of somebody just because you could not find any forum posts here (there might as well be people who stumbled over this forum using google but still have some keys - maybe from other platforms?). If you do a trade and the other person does not deliver however it's pretty sure fore me. Before that for me it is nothing more than a bad feeling which I would have to fight on my own because speaking it out loud - especially in this thread. I don't want to accuse anybody of anything - it's just my opinion of when I think a person is a scammer and should be named as such.

Again: It it just MY opinion which nobody has to agree but which I wanted to post here (because freedom of speech and such ;)).
Tauto is a long time troll though who does nothing but stick up for scammers while accusing actually reputable GOG members. The so called "niceness" of most GOG members is what apparently makes people become ignorant and lose long term memory because this patehtic piece of shit doesn't even need to change up his routine. People fall for it everytime.
Post edited May 10, 2016 by Mr.Caine
low rated
MarkoH01: Wow! Just wow! Here I am, completely baffled and disappointed at the same time. I always thought that the GOG community was a friendly one. Much different from the community (if you can even call it that) on steam. But on the last pages I probably heard more swear words than I heard in real life the last two weeks and the tone was so unGOG - I really did not like it. It may be that I just don't know enough of the forum history (i.e. I don't have an idea what TBBBBOB even could mean at all). But I really don't think that there could be ANY reason at all to be so unfriendly. There were some here who at least tried to argue in a normal tone with normal arguments and that gave me hope again .... I really hope that such kind of discussions don't become the norm here on GOG.

Mr.Caine: Tauto is a long time troll though who does nothing but stick up for scammers while accusing actually reputable GOG members. The so called "niceness" of most GOG members is what apparently makes people become ignorant and lose long term memory because this patehtic piece of shit doesn't even need to change up his routine. People fall for it everytime.
You are one that should be in here,dog.
Mr.Caine: Tauto is a long time troll though who does nothing but stick up for scammers while accusing actually reputable GOG members.
And yet he can be right about not accusing new members when you don't have a proof.

When you have one it's fine, name the scammer here and show the proof. But if you are not 100% sure and you mention a name here, it can very easily ruin the reputation of an innocent community member.
Mr.Caine: Tauto is a long time troll though who does nothing but stick up for scammers while accusing actually reputable GOG members. The so called "niceness" of most GOG members is what apparently makes people become ignorant and lose long term memory because this patehtic piece of shit doesn't even need to change up his routine. People fall for it everytime.
I never said anything about him. I only said that I am with him regarding this matter. If somebody is telling his opinion about something and I share this opinion I don't see any harm in telling that no matter who this somebody might be or might not be.
Mr.Caine: Tauto is a long time troll though who does nothing but stick up for scammers while accusing actually reputable GOG members.
PaterAlf: And yet he can be right about not accusing new members when you don't have a proof.

When you have one it's fine, name the scammer here and show the proof. But if you are not 100% sure and you mention a name here, it can very easily ruin the reputation of an innocent community member.
That is exactly what I meant and what Tauto was saying also. You just did it with much fewer words :) Thank you, PaterAlf.
Post edited May 10, 2016 by MarkoH01

Old goggers siding with Tauto is like.. Gotham City defending the Joker -_-'

(even if that super villain is exaggerated in every way for him)
Post edited May 10, 2016 by phaolo
phaolo: ...

Even Joker sometimes told the truth ;)
low rated
phaolo: ...

ARE YOU BLOODY STUPID PHAOLO ????

Old and reasonable goggers are siding with the truth, evidence, proof and NOT hearsay or rumors.

Too bad the concept of proof, evidence and truth is beyond your understanding.

You and apehater are the reason why so many innocent people with low rep have been falsely accused of being scammer.

Listen to what pateralf has to say. He is the voice of reason here.
Breja: Was that a haiku?
Sachys: No.

Its me getting sick to fucking death of this utter bollocks and everytime we manage to turn a corner and get some of this crap under control, we end up with another alt and another slew of downrepping and all the crappy threads and wankers that go with it.

Its me getting sick to fucking death of this thread existing. the basic idea behind TBBBBOB should have been enough, but no, utter fuckwits had to keep using ninja thread, had to keep gifting utter twats who only appear for free games (HERES A FUGGING HINT - GO TO STEAMGIFTS.COM WITH YOUR FREE TO GET AND BUNDLECRAP GAMES TO GET MORE GAMES YOURSELF NSTEAD!).
The reason why this thread keeps popping up is because idiots like apehater have made it their life mission to accuse anyone with low rep of scamming.

Oh and apehater himself is downvoting people. Its not just the alts or actual scammers.
Post edited May 10, 2016 by doctorsinister
high rated
Hey! It's doctorsinister!

You all may know him better as Dr. Who's "mentally challenged" little brother.

His phone booth is a small brown one that is padded on the inside.
low rated
tinyE: Hey! It's doctorsinister!

Well, atleast I'm not mentally challenged enough to be just a Cthulhu worshiper like tinyE lol. I do work as an accountant.

Jokes aside and on a serious note: I'm just sick of these accusations being thrown around at innocent people.
tinyE: Hey! It's doctorsinister!

doctorsinister: Well, atleast I'm not mentally challenged enough to be just a Cthulhu worshiper like tinyE lol. I do work as an accountant.

Jokes aside and on a serious note: I'm just sick of these accusations being thrown around at innocent people.
No one is mentally challenged enough to be me. :P
Tauto: You are one that should be in here,dog.
Got any proof you pathetic piece of shit? Is it a youtube link to Rick Astley - Never Going To Give You Up?
low rated
Damn, I'm sure glad no one is disturbing this perfectly civil thread with some joke play. Imagine if someone new to the forum saw that instead of this stimulating, high-brow discourse :P