It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

To have these games with us, DRM-free on PC, is truly a blessing. To celebrate these legendary console title, we bring in the PLAYSTATION PC Publisher Sale, you can get:
UNCHARTED™: Legacy of Thieves Collection (-50%)
Mori_Yuki: Aren't they metonymic in this context because both lack specific details such as a release date or expected arrival?
DerBesserwisser: most probably a matter of perception. In my case the "soon" in "coming soon" implies a release in the not so distant future while "to be anounced" does not even has a time frame associated to it in my mind, it just states the fact that it will eventually be released here.
By definition, their meanings are slightly different. Coming Soon as it is commonly used on GOG can mean a release follows the day after its announcement, within a matter of months, in a year, and in some cases never, because the game has been pulled. Inasmuch, TBA and Coming Soon could be used interchangeably, as in both cases we don't know and can't be sure when it's going to be released. This was what my question was hinting at.

We aren't getting any younger, so instead of hoping and waiting for an eventual release following anytime soon, and without knowing if and when games get released, purchasing it on a different platform is the only sensible/viable solution. This, of course, goes to the detriment of GOG, as they can't expect someone to buy it twice.

That's why I strongly suggest GOG start sharing concrete release dates, as well as informing us about the current status and any eventual problems when a release (like God of War) gets protracted, especially for games that have already been available on other platforms for a very long time, rather than leaving it as Coming Soon or TBA.
Every day I pray to Uncle Ben to release Marvel's Spider-Man 1&2 here.

Sony has a great responsibility to release them.
Apparently you are praying to the wrong god, so you might have to switch your "belief" for some better future, i assume.

Maybe some god even more close to money than Uncle Ben, something deep inside the hell.

Not sure Sony is feeling responsibility to "please any customer", the one asking for DRM free, because the "other" customers are already pleased. We are not in a world generally interested into supporting minorities, unless this minority is considered mighty and powerful (for example a god) or if it is able to cause "chaos" in some way which is able to support certain "higher interests". We always are seeking out for some payoff, we rarely do any work not sufficiently providing some rewards to us. Maybe just our ego but there need to be some rewards. This mentality has been rooted so deep into our brains, since childhood... we would not even be able to understand any different approach; thats why rewards are working so well, even inside a game.

Never say never, still, because trust is a valuable resource and anyone becoming some trust should value it very high.
Post edited February 10, 2024 by Xeshra
GOG.com: To have these games with us, DRM-free on PC, is truly a blessing. To celebrate these legendary console title, we bring in the PLAYSTATION PC Publisher Sale, you can get:
UNCHARTED™: Legacy of Thieves Collection (-50%)
How long does the sale run?

The main store page has it expiring in 3hr and 30 mins...

... but...

... the sale page has it expiring in 12 hrs and 30 mins.