It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Long winter nights are a perfect time to fully immerse yourself into games. That’s why we joined forces with CORSAIR to bring you a contest with fantastic prizes that will make your winter gaming sessions even more unforgettable.

The rules of this competition are simple: Imagine that you can play only one game during long winter nights this year. Which title from the GOG.COM library would you pick?

Leave a comment below with a creative explanation, post it on our Facebook under the contest announcement post or on Twitter using #MyWinterGame hashtag.

Submit your answers before January 2nd, 2020, at 3 PM CEST and we will announce winners on the following day. Don't be late and take your chance to win one of the prizes:
For the 1st place: Corsair NIGHTSWORD mouse + Corsair MM300 Extended mousepad + Corsair VOID RGB ELITE Wireless headset + digital copy of the game available on GOG.COM that you described

For 2nd and 3rd places: Corsair NIGHTSWORD mouse + Corsair MM300 Extended mousepad + digital copy of the game available on GOG.COM that you described

10 consolation prizes with 1 random game available on GOG.COM

Terms and conditions apply. You can check them in the first comment on the forum.
I'd like to play Asterix & Obelix XXL 3 with my children. The characters of Goscinny and Uderzo are kind of everyone regardless of age. A brand new game based on good old comics having universal language:

Paf!
Bling!
Biff!
Boff!
Splatch!
!?!
!!!

#MyWinterGame
Frosty Nights

I cozy up next to the warm fireplace, a cup of eggnog in one hand,
I tap the keyboard of my laptop, making the screen light,
then I click over to GOG, a library of games for my delight.

I sip on my eggnog, gulping it down with glee,
I scroll and scroll, thinking of what game to play,
then I stop, seeing the title “Frostpunk” on my display.

A settlement, a dark and wintery world,
not quite a wonderland is what I am told,
but I click play anyway, ready to brace the cold.

Hours pass, making decisions for my folk,
I look up, the logs in the fireplace are dark like cobalt,
I sigh, pressing pause and grinding the game to a halt.

I open the door, greeted by the icy air of the night,
as I trudge through the deep layer of snow, I realize that the weather resembles the game,
I imagine myself in this frosty world, “I can do this! To keep the generator alive!” I proclaim.

I pick up a log and bring it back inside,
I light the fire, taking a sip of eggnog once more,
and I continue my virtual world of Frostpunk, furthering the lore.
Attachments:
frostpunk.jpg (396 Kb)
Post edited December 27, 2019 by RJRye
For me, it is a good RPG, with a good story, lots of choices, places to explore, things to make, RPG combat, and decent graphics.
Sadly now days, all we get are action hybrids that I can't play or isometrics that look like they were made in the 80's-90's.
I look forward to Amid Evil.
Be a Heretic, slice and dice some Doom in poor creatures. See the Unreal atmosphere, Throw down some Hexen. Quake in your boots as you die to unspeakable horrors. Spill some Blood on a Blake Stone. Find a Quad Rune and see the Rise of the Triad. Wolfenstein of grog and celebrate!
Neverwinter Nights, one of the first rpg i played as a child, best combinations of D&D , characters
progression and character creation i played. you can be anyone and do almost everything, and the dice mechanics can make you or broke you.
Post edited December 27, 2019 by akirachi
I would have to choose either Stardew Valley or Divinity Original Sin 2, depending on whether it's the whole family or just me and my partner. Nothing is cosier than playing games with your nearest and dearest!
The Witcher 3, for very obvious reasons
I'd choose "The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Game of the Year Edition". Not only for playing during the winter nights: I think that even if I was left isolated an entire season with only this game I may not be able to 100% it. "Witcher 3" has set the bar unbelievably high for video games in length and enjoyable things to do apart from the main story.
I think for me it would have to be The Witcher 3, you can just get lost in such a big world, doing quest and enjoying the dialog's that are so well written, i could just play it for hours.
X4: Foundation - I hate winters short days and weak sun. The only place I can stand darkness is space...
Clearly, the best answers to questions like this is to choose a game that itself supports creativity. Then you can technically occupy yourself indefinitely. As far as GOG's library goes, I think I would choose Neverwinter Nights 2. There are countless bits of fanmade content out there for it, and on top of that I understand that there are also active servers where people play together. Someone could spend many winters enjoying all that the community has to offer, beyond the stories the devs were able to include.
‪The Witcher 3 is one of my favourites and I’d definitely be my go to. The storyline is very nice both in the base game and the DLCs. There are still so many dialogue choices that I didn’t try, secondary missions to explore, gear sets, builds and random games of gwent with peasants to play just for fun.

I just love walking around the emersive world, listening to the awesome soundtrack and killing the occasional ghoul showing up in my face to disturb the peace and tranquility but at the same time starting that aswesome battle song :)

I can’t think of a better game and besides all that I still have to continue my achievements hunt.
I think I would go with Pathfinder: Kingmaker; at like 150+ hours long and with the DLC content I'm sure it would keep me busy during the long cold winter nights.
I would like "Cyberpunk 2077" to enjoy all winter with a game of the genre that I like until 2077
The reality is that I am somewhat already in the situation described in the question and my go to game remains No Man's Sky despite not yet having plunged into VR. Since I already own No Man's Sky then an alternative would be Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe