It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
IMPORTANT: Please read before posting This topic has been provided to discuss the latest releases of our Downloader (for both Mac and Windows systems) and to submit bug reports. The stable releases (recommended for most users) can be found at this address:http://www.gog.com/downloader.

Latest version:

Mac OS X - 1.2 (build 512)
Windows - 3.6.0

Both Downloaders now have the option of sending Error Reports directly to us (this can be found in app under Settings).
Post edited October 29, 2013 by Fallen_Zen
Hey everyone,

I've just pushed the first update to the Mac Downloader. If you're wondering what's new, here's a short list of changes:

1. No more merging process, just like with the Windows client (each game/bonus will be written to the destination files now. These files are created upon adding a download to the queue, with the size of a completed download). Note: if you are already downloading something and you worry about loosing progress, fear not. The downloader should merge the chunks to the destination files upon first launch after the upgrade).
2. Speed limiter - for all the folks that do not want the Downloader to use the whole available bandwidth.
3. Download structure written to local file - so when you add something to the queue, close the downloader and re-open, all the info is read from the local structure and not from the server. Saves your time and bandwidth.
4. You can now copy & paste your login credentials to the login sheet window (copying of password is disabled by default, only pasting is allowed).
5. Some minor bug fixes and improvements.

Let us know what do you think about it.
Post edited March 11, 2013 by Fallen_Zen
HELLOOO

OK CAN i GET A NUMBER TO CONTACT SOMEONE IN PERSON TO TALK TO
INSTEAD OF THIS DAM COMPUTER I AM VERY NEW HERE AND TRYING TO UNDERSTAND IT
PLEASE SEND ME A NUMBER TO CONTACT YOU AT THANKS A LOT
745 PM
2/1/2013
Post edited February 01, 2013 by mike2277
mike2277: HELLOOO

745 PM
2/1/2013
have i ever told you that i love you
mike2277: HELLOOO

745 PM
2/1/2013
[Removed]

//Szulak
I have removed your phone number, it isn't a good idea to post it here. Please PM him it.
Post edited February 02, 2013 by Szulak
I'm having trouble logging in with the downloader. Same email and password as the website and that works fine. Is there any change the downloader is doing some kind of validation that the email is in fact an email and is failing because my email address is at a "ws" domain? I'd prefer not to post my full email here, but if that's needed I can PM it someone.

Downloader Version: 1.2 (331)

OS Language: English

Downloader Log: I don't seem to have a log at in my Library logs.
mtthwcmpbll: I'm having trouble logging in with the downloader. Same email and password as the website and that works fine. Is there any change the downloader is doing some kind of validation that the email is in fact an email and is failing because my email address is at a "ws" domain? I'd prefer not to post my full email here, but if that's needed I can PM it someone.

Does your email contains any special characters? PM me and Fallen_Zen your email address.
mtthwcmpbll: I'm having trouble logging in with the downloader. Same email and password as the website and that works fine. Is there any change the downloader is doing some kind of validation that the email is in fact an email and is failing because my email address is at a "ws" domain? I'd prefer not to post my full email here, but if that's needed I can PM it someone.

PM me your e-mail address and I'll take a look at the problem, probably it's a server side issue.
Would it be possible to have the complete list of files we download so we can get those corrupted again individually? I was looking forward to playing Witcher 2 this morning... Until the file check informed me the last .bin file is messed up. Now, I have to get the whole 15GB batch again just for this one.
Post edited February 03, 2013 by hagalaz711
hagalaz711: Now, I have to get the whole 15GB batch again just for this one.
It shouldn't be doing that. Assuming you kept the files in the directory it downloaded them to, adding the game to the list should recheck the files, and download only the missing/corrupted parts. Last time though, it did say "Downloading" while checking, but the speed was way faster than it should, thus clueing me in to what it was actually doing.
JMich: It shouldn't be doing that. Assuming you kept the files in the directory it downloaded them to, adding the game to the list should recheck the files, and download only the missing/corrupted parts. Last time though, it did say "Downloading" while checking, but the speed was way faster than it should, thus clueing me in to what it was actually doing.
Since I keep moving around my GOG games and merging them from different PCs where I downloaded them at different times: how exactly does the rechecking of GOG installers work in practice? Does it automatically remove anything it doesn't recognize (e.g. if the GOG has changed the name of the download directory for a given game, or they have removed some files from the installations later on), or does it leave old (and possibly obsolete) files lying around?

Fallen_Zen: PM me your e-mail address and I'll take a look at the problem, probably it's a server side issue.
Having the same issue as the OP for this message. Can log into the site fine but GOG downloader errors out as "wrong e-mail and / or password".
timppu: Since I keep moving around my GOG games and merging them from different PCs where I downloaded them at different times: how exactly does the rechecking of GOG installers work in practice? Does it automatically remove anything it doesn't recognize (e.g. if the GOG has changed the name of the download directory for a given game, or they have removed some files from the installations later on), or does it leave old (and possibly obsolete) files lying around?
It checks a filelist, checking filename and filesize, and hash for installers. Any file not in the list is ignored.
TheMadcapLaughs: Having the same issue as the OP for this message. Can log into the site fine but GOG downloader errors out as "wrong e-mail and / or password".
Ok, PM me just in case your full e-mail address and I'll look into the problem. Having this problem since the update?
Post edited February 03, 2013 by Fallen_Zen
hagalaz711: Now, I have to get the whole 15GB batch again just for this one.
JMich: It shouldn't be doing that. Assuming you kept the files in the directory it downloaded them to, adding the game to the list should recheck the files, and download only the missing/corrupted parts. Last time though, it did say "Downloading" while checking, but the speed was way faster than it should, thus clueing me in to what it was actually doing.
Thank you for the reply. It wasn't clear to me the faulty parts would be automatically downloaded again. I had begun downloading the game to another location to keep a copy of the valid files..
can you put Total Annihilation Commander Pack into my free scetion
I dont know any of those game in the free section and as for trying to play one
forget it it was not responding to me jumping all over the place
thank you
mike_smith2277 at yahoo dot com
Post edited February 04, 2013 by mike2277