It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Activity Feed • Gameplay Stats • Personalization

UPDATE: We've added a new option to the Privacy settings in GOG Profiles - from now on you can turn off your profile on GOG entirely, so no one can see any kind of information that is shown on the profile page. This also means that when you turn off your profile, you won’t be visible on your friends’ friends lists, even if they decide to keep their profiles visible.
The option to enable/disable your GOG Profile can be found in your account „Privacy & Settings” options, under „Privacy” tab.

We just introduced a new feature on GOG.COM: User Profiles – a social way to share what you and your friends are up to. See what your friends on GOG are playing, achieving, and sharing across four sections – Feed, Profile, Games and Friends.

Your Feed is the centerpiece of your Profile. Here, you’ll see which games your friends have been playing, all sorts of achievements and milestones, as well as general thoughts, screenshots, and forum activity. You can dispense your approval at whim and share your own stuff as well!

Your Profile is all about you and your gaming accomplishments. It's a summary of your activity, like the time you've spent in your games , your latest achievements (and just how rare they are among other users), as well as a glimpse at what your most active friends have been up to.

If you want to know more about your Games, you need to hit the the third tab. It contains a list of all the games you own on GOG, together with stats like time spent in-game and your progress towards unlocking the achievements. Sort the list, compare stats with your friends, and get some healthy competition going.

Finally – your Friends: get a general summary of their achievements and hours played. Here you'll also see which games are the most popular among your friends right now, so you can join them in multiplayer or find something you might enjoy yourself.

Of course, your profile comes with some sweet personalization options, choose a wallpaper from your game collection and share a few words with the world.

User Profiles are available for all GOG.COM users. Your personal gameplay stats like achievements, time played and milestones depend on GOG Galaxy, but if you’re not using the optional client you can still use the feed, post in it and interact with your friends.

Launching profiles also means adding new privacy settings on our end. You'll find three new Privacy options in your account's „Privacy & settings” area. These settings allow you to set the visibility for your profile summary, your games, your friends, etc.
So what are you waiting for? There's so much room for activities!
jorlin: It seems that many people are backing up their libraries now, I only get 118kb/s Download speed right now.
Feels like a bank run. It's time for GOG to pay attention.
Well I do that since that infamouse pr stunt. Still GOG have never provided a easy way to backup and manage our games, or a decent notification system.
jorlin: It seems that many people are backing up their libraries now, I only get 118kb/s Download speed right now.
MIK0: Well I do that since that infamouse pr stunt. Still GOG have never provided a easy way to backup and manage our games, or a decent notification system.
Indeed, slogging through all those links is incredibly tedious. Download them all or similar extensions don't seem to work, except per game...
high rated
MIK0: Well I do that since that infamouse pr stunt. Still GOG have never provided a easy way to backup and manage our games, or a decent notification system.
jorlin: Indeed, slogging through all those links is incredibly tedious. Download them all or similar extensions don't seem to work, except per game...
That's what Galaxy should have been. A way to manage downloads, check previous backups and get notification.
But how can they do that if they don't even provide crcs and dates for the file they let you download? You can't even order games by last update date. And they don't even always compile changelog for what they are doing. And the Galaxy Client create that !Temp folder for every game you download and that you have to remove afterward.
Post edited April 27, 2018 by MIK0
high rated
Wow, let's break out the champagne we have now reached >500 votes :-)!

https://www.gog.com/wishlist/site/disable_view_profile_function_for_customers_who_care_for_their_privacy

Dear gog, can you really afford to ignore 500 angry customers? Consider that these are probably the guys who made it possible for you to grow during the last 10 years and those who paid your salaries during those early years, sometimes bought games at higher prices just to get them drm free, and often bought games AGAIN from you, games they already had (or still have) at their homes on CDs, DVDs or even floppy disks just for convenience...

Shame on you!
high rated
Thinking of it, the "0 hours played" is impressively retarded. Okay, we all understand that it means "hours played unknown due to user not using galaxy". But even though the coders understand it as well, they still let the thing just display this "0 hours played" without seeing its explicit falsehood as absurd, as an illustration of the inadequacy of that system. Not measured equals zero, and it's considered fine, perfect, just put this up and call it a day.

It's steam level of dumb. More precisely, the full endorsement of steam logic, with its ridiculous implicit "games not played through our clients are not played".

On the next update, we'll have "sex : none" for those who won't want to provide their gender.
falloutttt: It's not going to change anything, i think. They knew how some people will react, and they still went ahead with their plan. There's no way back now. We can expect anything from GOG from now on. (My humble opinion)
SpiderFighter: The only way to guarantee failure is to not try.
In the end i decided to send them an email. Just thought you should know. :)
SpiderFighter: The only way to guarantee failure is to not try.
falloutttt: Make sense. But i just simply lost trust in GOG after all this.

Even if things go back to normal, by some miracle, I'm still not going to trust them. And wont be buying any games from them.

They tried this scam today, they will try something else tomorrow. That's how i see it.
Given the past couple of years, I completely understand. It does seem to be how things are playing out, unfortunately. https://www.gog.com/forum/general/introducing_gog_profiles_a393f/post1223

EDIT:
falloutttt: In the end i decided to send them an email. Just thought you should know. :)
Welcome aboard! I did, too. :D
Post edited April 27, 2018 by SpiderFighter
high rated
Made this a separate post because I'm in AWE of how fast they're pumping out the party line now!! This is my second ticket in two days simply because this one lets them know I won't be making future purchases. Note the times:

SpiderFighter
Today at 18:00
Hello,
During my seven years here, I have purchased just over 700 games. Despite seeing several games I'd like to buy in this week's sale, I have not and will not purchase anything else from Gog until you give me the option to make my profile as private as Steam does. Thank you for your time.

[support name redacted]
Today at 19:04
Salutations !

Thank you for sharing your concerns. We have nothing to communicate at this point, but we have forwarded your feedback to the appropriate department.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Best regards,
[support name redacted]
GOG.COM Support
EDIT to add: "Salutations!"?? Seriously, dude? Kinda friendly, given the copy and paste response.
Post edited April 27, 2018 by SpiderFighter
high rated
I'm several pages behind, so bear with me.

xyem: Well, not right now it isn't..
Also, seeing as until a few days ago you could only know how many games someone had if they explicitly disclosed it, it was, by definition, private data (which is now public).
Exactly this. GOG made sure it no longer is private data. Without getting our consent.

Reading the text on so called private profiles speaks for itself [emphasis added]:
User's current privacy settings limit visibility of their activity
The point of private profiles on GOG isn't to be private, it's just to limit visibility of our private data simply because GOG doesn't consider any of our data as private.

RainbowDragon: [...] I suggest we continue to complain here in the forum, [...]
We should be complaining on their social media, problem is that most of us taking our privacy seriously won't use them.

Banjo_oz: [...] we're currently working on a way to allow people to hide information such as number of games owned and online status.[...] and will work on implementing a way for customers to unhide this information if they wish to as soon as possible. [...]

[...]
But such a reply would imply, if not require, that they actually intend to do something about it. I somehow doubt it.

Lifthrasil: [...] seeing their customers as family. But their actions show the opposite. (unless it's a really abusive family ... )
Seems that one's part of the family only if they're all "Woo Hoo" about everything, and don't question anything they do.

PrivateProfile: Whoa, dude...that's a whole sentence more, than I got in my email from them.
I only received the rest of your quoted text.
I got Salutations with an exclamation mark in mine, but it wasn't by Genoan.

Galamid: The level of insecurity is high af. Keep it up.
And this is part of the bigger problem. Translating/treating the valuing of privacy as insecurity.

I could turn that around and say that perhaps broadcasting to the whole world every little bit of one's personal life is more evidence of insecurity than not doing so.

ZenWan: Hmm...

And where might those busy forums frequented by happy Gog Galaxy users be?
They can't tell you, lest the despised minority signs up on every single one of them and ruins them all, one by one.
When I click view all achievements, it takes me to a list of games and not the list of all achievements. Not sure if it's a bug or not implemented yet. I'd like to see the list.
high rated
MariusHispano: [...] Like many users, profiles, achievements, coud save, no drm and gog galaxy in general seem great to me. And everything is optional, [...]
[emphasis added]

I asked you in another thread, yet got no reply, so I'll ask you again - can you explain to me how profiles are optional when GOG creates one for every single account?

MariusHispano: [...] Although they are a very small group of users, they have the right to control what they show to others.
[emphasis added]

You keep saying this, and it really boggles my mind. You're phrasing it as if the norm is not to have privacy because some majority isn't in favour of it, and it's the kindness of said majority's heart telling the minority they may/can have what they're asking for. We're not voting on the right to privacy here, that's been decided long time ago for every individual, at least in the EU. GOG has no right to broadcast to everyone aspects of it we didn't consent to.

MariusHispano: [...] more than 15,000 users have requested that gog galaxy have a Linux version [...]
Yeah, and look, GOG has marked said wish as In Progress when they've made clear on multiple occasions that there's no Linux version on the foreseeable or distant horizon.

essex20: I, on the other hand, want to enable everything for myself. Opt-Out is one of the worst concept ever evolved especially these days. But I get what you mean, though ;-)
So we shouldn't have to opt-out of our privacy then, eh?
Post edited April 27, 2018 by HypersomniacLive
high rated
Telika: Thinking of it, the "0 hours played" is impressively retarded. Okay, we all understand that it means "hours played unknown due to user not using galaxy". [...].
Not quite.

I had a confused friend asking me just yesterday what those "0" stats mean, and if it's Galaxy that collects the data.

Also, it doesn't necessarily mean a user doesn't use the client, they may have just turned off those features. And this isn't theory, a couple of other friends said that's exactly what they've done. So, it's not a reliable metric even among Galaxy users.

SpiderFighter: [...] EDIT to add: "Salutations!"?? Seriously, dude? Kinda friendly, given the copy and paste response.
Heh, I bet I know who that is.
falloutttt: Make sense. But i just simply lost trust in GOG after all this.

Even if things go back to normal, by some miracle, I'm still not going to trust them. And wont be buying any games from them.

They tried this scam today, they will try something else tomorrow. That's how i see it.
SpiderFighter: Given the past couple of years, I completely understand. It does seem to be how things are playing out, unfortunately. https://www.gog.com/forum/general/introducing_gog_profiles_a393f/post1223

EDIT:
falloutttt: In the end i decided to send them an email. Just thought you should know. :)
SpiderFighter: Welcome aboard! I did, too. :D
chuchu!

it's probably going to be rather pointless in the end, i think. but at least we can all proudly say that we tried. :D
high rated
I've just started doing that with my library. It's a slow and painful process thanks to how GOG sets it up. I have one "in dev" game that I will check in on occasionally, but my days of buying games here are done. I left Steam because GOG seemed to really care about their customers. Seems like those days are behind us now. Their continued silence over this tells me all I need to know. They are too busy chasing Steam's coattails.
Post edited April 27, 2018 by Firefox31780
low rated
topkek