It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Activity Feed • Gameplay Stats • Personalization

UPDATE: We've added a new option to the Privacy settings in GOG Profiles - from now on you can turn off your profile on GOG entirely, so no one can see any kind of information that is shown on the profile page. This also means that when you turn off your profile, you won’t be visible on your friends’ friends lists, even if they decide to keep their profiles visible.
The option to enable/disable your GOG Profile can be found in your account „Privacy & Settings” options, under „Privacy” tab.

We just introduced a new feature on GOG.COM: User Profiles – a social way to share what you and your friends are up to. See what your friends on GOG are playing, achieving, and sharing across four sections – Feed, Profile, Games and Friends.

Your Feed is the centerpiece of your Profile. Here, you’ll see which games your friends have been playing, all sorts of achievements and milestones, as well as general thoughts, screenshots, and forum activity. You can dispense your approval at whim and share your own stuff as well!

Your Profile is all about you and your gaming accomplishments. It's a summary of your activity, like the time you've spent in your games , your latest achievements (and just how rare they are among other users), as well as a glimpse at what your most active friends have been up to.

If you want to know more about your Games, you need to hit the the third tab. It contains a list of all the games you own on GOG, together with stats like time spent in-game and your progress towards unlocking the achievements. Sort the list, compare stats with your friends, and get some healthy competition going.

Finally – your Friends: get a general summary of their achievements and hours played. Here you'll also see which games are the most popular among your friends right now, so you can join them in multiplayer or find something you might enjoy yourself.

Of course, your profile comes with some sweet personalization options, choose a wallpaper from your game collection and share a few words with the world.

User Profiles are available for all GOG.COM users. Your personal gameplay stats like achievements, time played and milestones depend on GOG Galaxy, but if you’re not using the optional client you can still use the feed, post in it and interact with your friends.

Launching profiles also means adding new privacy settings on our end. You'll find three new Privacy options in your account's „Privacy & settings” area. These settings allow you to set the visibility for your profile summary, your games, your friends, etc.
So what are you waiting for? There's so much room for activities!
tremere110: Hiding these numbers is currently not possible.

Currently not possible... - great, just great
Whoa, dude...that's a whole sentence more, than I got in my email from them.
I only received the rest of your quoted text.
tremere110: Hiding these numbers is currently not possible.

Currently not possible... - great, just great
PrivateProfile: Whoa, dude...that's a whole sentence more, than I got in my email from them.
I only received the rest of your quoted text.
Probably Genoan got a rebuke because he said too much.

And also the sentence is a blatant lie. Of course it would be possible to hide those numbers. It even would be very easy: you just don't show them. GOG just doesn't want to hide those numbers and they hide behind pretended incompetence.
RainbowDragon: I would like to take this one step further. How many of you would like to tell gog.com (in some cases again) that from now on they will not buy ANYTHING anymore from gog.com until they have changed the privacy settings according to our request?
You can add me to that list, Mr. Dragon.

I'm just here watching the dumpster fire, as a sort of farewell, until I get bored or GOG addresses the issue.

LOL.

Ok, until I get bored. :)
low rated
The level of insecurity is high af. Keep it up.
RainbowDragon: OK fellow GOGers, I have been away for a while and now tried to read up what I missed in the last few hours.

Obviously
- some of you have received e-mails (I did not get anything from gog)
- and maybe even answers to their support tickets (my ticket remains without reply since I have created it)
- and finally there is still no change to the options of the privacy settings of my account.

So I now have to assume that they (gog) really believe that they CAN get away with this. Now this calls for a little revolution and beside the great support of you all in voting for the privacy feature request
https://www.gog.com/wishlist/site/disable_view_profile_function_for_customers_who_care_for_their_privacy
I would like to take this one step further. How many of you would like to tell gog.com (in some cases again) that from now on they will not buy ANYTHING anymore from gog.com until they have changed the privacy settings according to our request?

For lack of a fakebook page (I don't use that) or other social media please let's start counting right here in the forum where gog can watch their customer base dwindling away. Just add +1 to below number and let's see how far we can carry this, thank you:

#Number of users who will not buy from gog.com anymore until gog.com respects our privacy
#1 RainbowDragon
#2 PrivateProfile
#3 SpiderFighter
#4 Dalthnock
#5 Lifthrasil

So who's #2 :-)? #3? And so on...

OK the first numbers have been added, thank you!
Added me to that list too!
Lifthrasil: Probably Genoan got a rebuke because he said too much.
Well, I don't think he said too much.
I would even argue, all things considered - he said nothing at all. ;)
Lifthrasil: Probably Genoan got a rebuke because he said too much.
PrivateProfile: Well, I don't think he said too much.
I would even argue, all things considered - he said nothing at all. ;)
Yes. The 'too much' was me being cynical.

But still the claim that it's impossible to hide that number is a clear lie. Not even GOG is THAT incompetent. If they can write a script that displays that number, they can also choose not to display it.
gamesfreak64: On GOG people knew none of that information was public, and now suddenly after having already been customers for a while/long time that privacy is suddenly being stripped away.

and thats why so many users responded: we already knew that sites like Steam, Gamersgate and all other would be sharing user info so we knew what to expect...
The very ironic thing here is that many have set their STEAM profiles public because of GOG Connect...

At least that's when you get some free games, or rather, DRM-free copies of games you have already purchased elsewhere.

Still, in the end as unbelievable as it may seem, GOG seems much worse than competitors when it comes to privacy and other legal issues.

This is completely unrelated, but I have in the past commented that order confirmations from GOG state that the final sum includes tax, but I have never received a message stating how big tax exactly, and under which country's taxation. GOG really needs to hire more competent people in their legal department...
high rated
PixelBoy: The very ironic thing here is that many have set their STEAM profiles public because of GOG Connect...
Nah, the ironic thing is that when you set your Steam profile to public, you can have it display LESS information than your private GOG profile.

Edit: Attached my privates.
Attachments:
privates.jpg (156 Kb)
Post edited April 26, 2018 by Dalthnock
Oh boy, if you open a new account, you get presented so much mumbo jumbo...I already forgot all this...or maybe better said - half of this crap wasn't around, when I joined GOG in 20xx (sorry - private info, guys):

Welcome to GOG.com
Start your collection of games on GOG.com with these awesome deals we’ve prepared for you.
Act fast, the deals will only be around for:

28 HOURS :55 MINUTES :30 SECONDS

What is GOG.com all about?
GOG.com is a digital distribution platform born from a deeply rooted love for games, a “you buy it, you own it” philosophy, and utmost care about customers.

Hand-picking the best in gaming

A curated selection of great games, from modern hits to all-time classics, that you really can’t miss to play.

Own the things you buy

Giving you freedom of choice and a hassle-free(!!!) experience thanks to our optional client, a belief you should own the things you buy, and more.

Customer-first approach !!! Yeah, as if...!!!

Delivering user-friendly support, enriched by additional customer benefits and the greatest community around.

Discover GOG GALAXY, the optional client.
GOG GALAXY makes it a breeze to install and update games, play online and stay in touch with friends. It also offers auto-updates, cloud saves, achievements and more - but you decide which features are important to you, so make the client your own.

Library management

You’re in charge of your games on GOG.com. Benefit from features like cloud saves, auto-updates and update rollback – we have it all.

In-game features

Enriching games with additional online and offline features like achievements, crossplay, matchmaking and more.

Stay connected

Keep track of your friends' activities and stay in touch with them - hop on a chat or invite your pals for a round of multiplayer.
PixelBoy: The very ironic thing here is that many have set their STEAM profiles public because of GOG Connect...
Ironic on the surface, but it's perfectly reasonable. You might give your house key to some people for whatever reasons you see fit (they might feed your cat while you're away), but that doesn't mean that everyone else is now allowed to enter your home without your permission. They'd be laughed right into prison if they defended their break-in by saying, "Well, he gave someone else permission to enter his home, therefore I have the same right."
All the blues are into hiding https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugUXDwBswWI
@RainbowDragon

Please add me to the list of those who won't be buying from Gog any more, until/if Gog decides to listen to their users.
Hell yeah!

I've been writing to them about the online green light for ever, also told them I won't use Galaxy because of privacy concerns: no response except that my comments are noted or some such garbage. But this is way too much to tolerate.

Could I be lucky number 8?
Sorry, can't find your original post about this, because of the lousy aka broken search function.

I just have to try to get back the contents of my Gog Wallet..... Also have them delete my credit card info, I don't trust them any more and never will again.

Perhaps Gog will spend all the money they get from selling our private info on fixing the forums? Wouldn't that be sweet and kind of them. <big happy smile>
Post edited April 27, 2018 by ZenWan
Melvinica: All the blues are into hiding https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugUXDwBswWI
They're just having coffe.
puviani: ...
Gersen: Dude you should have read the post you answered to before typing this wall of text.

The only things I said is that there is a difference between peoples wanting this information to remain private and whenever or not this information is legally considered as personal data by and is covered the GDPR.

And as I said multiple time in this thread I DO think that there should be an option for those who want to use it to totally hide all those information.
No offense Gersen but; you got rekt by ret pally