It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Activity Feed • Gameplay Stats • Personalization

UPDATE: We've added a new option to the Privacy settings in GOG Profiles - from now on you can turn off your profile on GOG entirely, so no one can see any kind of information that is shown on the profile page. This also means that when you turn off your profile, you won’t be visible on your friends’ friends lists, even if they decide to keep their profiles visible.
The option to enable/disable your GOG Profile can be found in your account „Privacy & Settings” options, under „Privacy” tab.

We just introduced a new feature on GOG.COM: User Profiles – a social way to share what you and your friends are up to. See what your friends on GOG are playing, achieving, and sharing across four sections – Feed, Profile, Games and Friends.

Your Feed is the centerpiece of your Profile. Here, you’ll see which games your friends have been playing, all sorts of achievements and milestones, as well as general thoughts, screenshots, and forum activity. You can dispense your approval at whim and share your own stuff as well!

Your Profile is all about you and your gaming accomplishments. It's a summary of your activity, like the time you've spent in your games , your latest achievements (and just how rare they are among other users), as well as a glimpse at what your most active friends have been up to.

If you want to know more about your Games, you need to hit the the third tab. It contains a list of all the games you own on GOG, together with stats like time spent in-game and your progress towards unlocking the achievements. Sort the list, compare stats with your friends, and get some healthy competition going.

Finally – your Friends: get a general summary of their achievements and hours played. Here you'll also see which games are the most popular among your friends right now, so you can join them in multiplayer or find something you might enjoy yourself.

Of course, your profile comes with some sweet personalization options, choose a wallpaper from your game collection and share a few words with the world.

User Profiles are available for all GOG.COM users. Your personal gameplay stats like achievements, time played and milestones depend on GOG Galaxy, but if you’re not using the optional client you can still use the feed, post in it and interact with your friends.

Launching profiles also means adding new privacy settings on our end. You'll find three new Privacy options in your account's „Privacy & settings” area. These settings allow you to set the visibility for your profile summary, your games, your friends, etc.
So what are you waiting for? There's so much room for activities!
high rated
toxicTom: The problem is, these changes also make Galaxy suck, since it's essentially a bundled version of the site. Nothing gained.
boztix: No, to the majority of gog galaxy users we love it, it seems great that there are achievements, profiles, cloud save or friends list. The problem is that there is a minority of users who do not want those options and despite being able to do without them playing without gog galaxy prefer that others can not choose to have these options.

Because of those users, this forum is reduced to a few hundred users instead of the thousands that every day use gog galaxy and who speak in other forums dedicated to gog.
Mr. Boztix, the majority, if you're so keen on achievements, profiles and friends list, why are you using an alternate account here? You own zero games on an account made in May 2015. Are you the same Galaxy lover on this very account?
high rated
boztix: No, to the majority of gog galaxy users we love it, it seems great that there are achievements, profiles, cloud save or friends list. The problem is that there is a minority of users who do not want those options and despite being able to do without them playing without gog galaxy prefer that others can not choose to have these options.

Because of those users, this forum is reduced to a few hundred users instead of the thousands that every day use gog galaxy and who speak in other forums dedicated to gog.
Good for you, but as i see how those are implemented : GOG imposes them to ALLl of their customers

Why not be able to opt-out some features, if the user don't desire to see them ?

It's just a rushed job which may violate EU law.

GOG just forget one thing : customers who made them before the client...it's becoming pathetic....

I don't deny features for users who want them, i just want the same right if i find a feature useless to me.

Your last sentence, is just ridiculous : As far i know the actual forum is the official one; it's GOG's fault if they never changed it. Seriously the forum software is outdated & laking of features. Plus GOG moderatoion, is close to zero...Another point where they are just terrrible..

PS : It's not because the majority wants a feature, it's a good idea.
Post edited April 27, 2018 by DyNaer
high rated
I posted a picture of Gary Kildall in my profile, cause I miss the olde days of buying software.

I personally never really liked GOG that much, but I loved buying olde games DRM free. GOG lies about their sales, they do awful PR stunts, they still sell broken olde games for 2 years until they fix them. I know lots of people here loved GOG and would go on about how awesome they are, but they always disappointed me as a company. I love the olde games DRM free, but I never liked the store.

My personal question is not if GOG will do anything to make profiles more private or add an option to disable them, but what will they do next that will be a displeasure in my shopping experience?
high rated
The implied response from Gog seems to be :"Fuck off, we don't need you as a client"
high rated
Melvinica: The implied response from Gog seems to be :"Fuck off, we don't need you as a client"
"We have forwarded your feedback to the appropriate department"

https://imgur.com/gallery/pvgsubJ

(Sorry if this isn't how you add gifs, I have no idea how forums work)
high rated
I'd like to join the chorus of the disenchanted. Is that a quick and painless process, or do I take a number and join a queue?

As I see it, hiding those three contentious statistics would be a good starting point, two are basically irrelevant to non-Galaxy users like myself and the third I'm not inclined to share. A privacy setting to opt-out of email address searches would be appreciated. What I would REALLY like is for the "Your Visibility" tick-box to disable my profile page when un-ticked, and in its place display a "Profile not set for this member" message.

In short - it's shiny, but it's not me.
low rated
TazzieDevil: I'd like to join the chorus of the disenchanted. Is that a quick and painless process, or do I take a number and join a queue?

A privacy setting to opt-out of email address searches would be appreciated.
Can you show/tell me how this is done? (email address search).
Post edited April 27, 2018 by Tauto
high rated
jorlin: It seems that many people are backing up their libraries now, I only get 118kb/s Download speed right now.
Feels like a bank run. It's time for GOG to pay attention.
Firefox31780: I've just started doing that with my library. It's a slow and painful process thanks to how GOG sets it up. I have one "in dev" game that I will check in on occasionally, but my days of buying games here are done. I left Steam because GOG seemed to really care about their customers. Seems like those days are behind us now. Their continued silence over this tells me all I need to know. They are too busy chasing Steam's coattails.
In fact they are that way for a long time. I usually thought that most of the issues were due to them being clumsy, amauterish or negligent in their work, but it's hard not to find a clear anti-consumer intent behind most of their action. They don't care but they cannot afford to say otherwise. They clearly lack skill in different deparment (their release quality is bad, there're not thought put in them or toward the users that will use them, there is a lack of feature that would improve quality of life), but the main issue is that they don't care (as a company, I'm not talking about single person). They have pillars that made them a relevant choice, but it also hinder their business so they have to keep circumventing them. They have to say one thing and do another. It kind of became a game of deception.
Post edited April 27, 2018 by MIK0
high rated
What strikes me as particularly unimpressive is how the whole GOG managements takes a dive after introducing this new "feature". Others would maybe give interviews and proudly boast how cool the new feature is. Or at least they might defend it in face of the expressed dislike. Instead, nothing. That, of course, outrages me even more than before and even that was already quite impressive.

#privatemeansprivate
high rated
TazzieDevil: A privacy setting to opt-out of email address searches would be appreciated.
Tauto: Can you show/tell me how this is done? (email address search).
You can only opt out of both username/email searches, you can't only opt out of the email one.

You have to set the Your Visibility to unchecked in the "Privacy" menu under "Orders & Settings".
Trilarion: What strikes me as particularly unimpressive is how the whole GOG managements takes a dive after introducing this new "feature". Others would maybe give interviews and proudly boast how cool the new feature is. Or at least they might defend it in face of the expressed dislike.
I wonder if any news outlets have contacted them for comment..

Gamers are the ones we always keep in mind while developing our services and improving our offer - they are the pillars that make GOG.com. ***What's more, we understand that gamers around the world can be a bit different, have their own tastes and preferences, and require a dedicated approach***. That's why in order to stay in touch with the different local communities' expectations [...]

Posted 2 days ago.

At present, we seek an expert on the Polish gaming market, an individual capable of guiding us down the right path, ensuring that we fulfill the needs and expectations of gamers and our community from Poland. This individual's mission will be to assess and understand what actions we must take to encourage even more gamers to join the GOG.com family, ***while ensuring that our current users remain happy at all times***.

Emphasis mine.

EDIT: Sorry for all the edits, fixing all the things in the URL name that GOGs parser doesn't handle correctly..
Post edited April 27, 2018 by xyem
high rated
MIK0: I usually thought that most of the issues were due to them being clumsy, amauterish or negligent in their work, but
Yes. Not only the privacy feature would have been very easy to design as complete, and not only the idea of making it optional could have been obvious, but also fixing it after the "blunder" (if it had been one) would have been very easy aswell and, even more, announcing fast the intent to fix it would have been even easier, would have meant a lot (sending the opposite message), and would have quickly changed a lot of things. At this point, sustained silence and inaction are telling of a deliberate intent.

GOG is not sympathic. It used to be.
high rated
It might be worth trying to get this discussion out there on other platforms.

For example, maybe ask some people on youtube to comment (disclaimer, tweet is from a friend of mine).
Tauto: Can you show/tell me how this is done? (email address search).
I don't know if it's been fully implemented yet, but it relates to one of the new privacy setting that were discussed in a related thread.
Attachments:
DyNaer: PS : It's not because the majority wants a feature, it's a good idea.
To be honest, I'm not even sure that any majority or minority of GOG users get to decide on what direction GOG takes, but rather it's the general market trend or "what makes the competition successful" that drives the change.

GOG is ever slowly trying to crawl out of its niche and grow the business, but I don't think becoming "a better Steam" is the way to go - for obvious reasons to me, but you have to remember not all the people taking these decisions are "good ol' gamers" or even GOG users.

There's also the allure of tapping into a much larger potential user base and more revenue, so no wonder various principles from the good old days of GOG have been waived, dropped or simply forgotten.

Of course we can talk, talk and talk, but since nobody on these forums has any executive power over GOG, there's that...
Post edited April 27, 2018 by WinterSnowfall
high rated
xyem: It might be worth trying to get this discussion out there on other platforms.

For example, maybe ask some people on youtube to comment (disclaimer, tweet is from a friend of mine).
ok, gog.

here's the onramp to some publicity.

just potentially not...the good kind:
Attachments: