It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Immoli: Why is this game on the Indiegamestand already?

Is it really bad?
nijuu: Its in Alpha.Get more people playing it...
Still seems rather early to sell it this low.

Is it really bad?
Dev has a bad rep for his "texture artist" that he used for 3079 stealing textures from Duke Nukem 3D, and also for moving onto new games while his game(s) are still in alpha/beta stage. That could be why it's so cheap, this early.

3079 was basically in beta (or was it alpha? I don't remember), and he claimed it was finished and that he wouldn't be working on it anymore.
Post edited July 07, 2013 by spoderman
Has this dev ever sold a single finished game?
grviper: Has this dev ever sold a single finished game?
I'm also worried that he'll ditch 3089 and start making 3099 before it's finished, but the game has too much potential for me to resist, and I actually enjoyed 3079 too.

Have to say from my perspective IGS have been dropping some really cool games over the last couple of months, kudos to them and I hope the trend continues.
nijuu: Its in Alpha.Get more people playing it...
Immoli: Still seems rather early to sell it this low.
He did the same thing with the predecessor (it was part of Indie Royale's Alpha funding bundle).
nijuu: Thanks for that
Uno one thing?
I notice many times when the new IGS launches, some knobber pays $10 for a game. All the time. So the average is always much higher than $1 (admittedly i dont check it when it just launches).
I usually check when it just launches, but if I'm just a tiny bit late (like half a minute) then someone has already paid $10 and raised the average.

Is it really bad?
spoderman: Dev has a bad rep for his "texture artist" that he used for 3079 stealing textures from Duke Nukem 3D, and also for moving onto new games while his game(s) are still in alpha/beta stage. That could be why it's so cheap, this early.

3079 was basically in beta (or was it alpha? I don't remember), and he claimed it was finished and that he wouldn't be working on it anymore.
I didn't hear about the texture stealing, but I know about 3079 releasing earlier than it should have. What's this about texture stealing?
spoderman: Dev has a bad rep for his "texture artist" that he used for 3079 stealing textures from Duke Nukem 3D, and also for moving onto new games while his game(s) are still in alpha/beta stage. That could be why it's so cheap, this early.

Immoli: I didn't hear about the texture stealing, but I know about 3079 releasing earlier than it should have. What's this about texture stealing?
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3790012/textureripoff.jpg

Is it really bad?

3089 is a good game. The rest you say is basically wrong.

3079 was finished for a long time before pHr00t stopped on it. The game was completed, and he even added stuff. Later he has also dealt with all the time when/if they are reported.

He stopped working on 3079, because it was finished.

amok: 3089 is a good game. The rest you say is basically wrong.

3079 was finished for a long time before pHr00t stopped on it. The game was completed, and he even added stuff. Later he has also dealt with all the time when/if they are reported.

As I said before.. he claimed the game was finished, but most people that have played it have said it's basically in alpha/beta state. You can claim any game is finished, but the progress of development will definitely show up when you play the game..

and I'm not sure how I could be wrong about the texture artist stealing? pHr00t even acknowledged it, I think he fired the texture artist, but I could be remembering that wrong.
low rated
amok: 3089 is a good game. The rest you say is basically wrong.

spoderman: As I said before.. he claimed the game was finished, but most people that have played it have said it's basically in alpha/beta state. You can claim any game is finished, but the progress of development will definitely show up when you play the game..
So what you mean is "some people did not like it". "most" people I have seen comment on it did not feel such a thing at all, but found it enjoyable. I would question where you did find "most" people, in this case.

It got a good long history on Desura, with a user rating of 8.6. Maybe you should take your information from what "most" people say there?

Question - who decides when a game is finished?
Post edited July 07, 2013 by amok
spoderman: As I said before.. he claimed the game was finished, but most people that have played it have said it's basically in alpha/beta state. You can claim any game is finished, but the progress of development will definitely show up when you play the game..
amok: So what you mean is "some people did not like it". "most" people I have seen comment on it did not feel such a thing at all, but found it enjoyable. I would question where you did find "most" people, in this case.

It got a good long history on Desura, with a user rating of 8.6. Maybe you should take your information from what "most" people say there?
Desura rating isn't really indicative of anything, I've seen some really bad games with high ratings, and vice versa. I wasn't trying to say some people didn't like the game, I'm saying most agree that the game was not "finished" or "completed", it was in a state of development where a lot of things should've been improved on. If you look through the comments on desura, you will find a lot of people commenting about how the game isn't really finished and how they were disappointed by that.

Anyway, I have no idea if 3089 is a good game or not. I was just stating that the dev has a bad rep.
low rated
amok: So what you mean is "some people did not like it". "most" people I have seen comment on it did not feel such a thing at all, but found it enjoyable. I would question where you did find "most" people, in this case.

spoderman: Desura rating isn't really indicative of anything, I've seen some really bad games with high ratings, and vice versa. I wasn't trying to say some people didn't like the game, I'm saying most agree that the game was not "finished" or "completed", it was in a state of development where a lot of things should've been improved on. If you look through the comments on desura, you will find a lot of people commenting about how the game isn't really finished and how they were disappointed by that.

Anyway, I have no idea if 3089 is a good game or not. I was just stating that the dev has a bad rep.
The dev (single person) have got a good enough rep. there are more good than bad comments on Desura. He mananged to kickstart 2089 based on his rep. May I suggest trying the game before commenting?
spoderman: Desura rating isn't really indicative of anything, I've seen some really bad games with high ratings, and vice versa. I wasn't trying to say some people didn't like the game, I'm saying most agree that the game was not "finished" or "completed", it was in a state of development where a lot of things should've been improved on. If you look through the comments on desura, you will find a lot of people commenting about how the game isn't really finished and how they were disappointed by that.

amok: The dev (single person) have got a good enough rep. there are more good than bad comments on Desura. He mananged to kickstart 2089 based on his rep. May I suggest trying the game before commenting?
I have 3079, and have tried it. But I don't have 3089, and never commented on it.
high rated
3079 is terrible. Extremely pointless, weak gameplay, terrible random level generation. I played it to death back on an old laptop of mine that couldn't play much else. Naturally I look back and say "Why did I put myself through that hell?". It feels like a seriously incomplete game as well.

And Desura ratings are all over the place and a horrible judge of the game, anyways, especially since people can rate games without ever owning or touching them.
Post edited July 07, 2013 by idiotekque