It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Which games are keeping you company this weekend?

Hot hot hot! It's not easy sharing a room with your PC or console this time of year, especially when it's under heavy load. You better have a darn good reason for torturing your special friend thusly, otherwise there will be hell to pay when the singularity finally arrives. So, what is it that you've asked them to run for you this time?

Go on, share your Weekend Playlist with us. It can include single-player games, multiplayer games, console exclusives, anything - we are not judging. In fact, we are sharing too!

Looking for some additional inspiration? The GOG.com releases of the week might help:

- You can die as many times as you fancy inside the <span class="bold">NECROPOLIS</span>, while getting taunted by its sarcastic curator.
- You can grab your mom, go to the Mall, and try to find out what happens when <span class="bold">Cellpop Goes Out At Night</span>.
- You can build the city of your dreams and see it razed to the ground by the tantrums of mother nature in <span class="bold">SimCity&trade; 3000 Unlimited</span>.
- You can save the land of Thedas from the scourge of the Darkspawn while swapping life stories with charming witches and rogues in <span class="bold">Dragon Age&trade;: Origins - Ultimate Edition</span>.
- You can mutilate your way through a massive spaceship infested with grotesque horrors from the darkest corners of <span class="bold">Dead Space&trade;</span>.

So, GOGathors, what are you playing this weekend?
My plan was not to play much at all but laziness struck and I did some work on my X3:Terran Conflict play-through which I talk about in this thread. Now it will be less than half an hour of gaming a day for a couple of days.

A game where one spends a few hundred hours to get started, then midgame are another few hundred hours I guess...
Been playing Sengoku Jidai: Shadow of the Shogun again.
Finishing of the last bit of Balrum too.
Black Mirror on Saturday... And during the evening wanted to check out Dragon Age Origins for the first time.
It's sunday evening here now, and the game says I've played 16 hours since that "checking out" :)
mereskarse: Actually I reinstalled Neverwinter Nights and it turned out that some servers have quite active communities still even though 10 years or so passed. So I'm enjoying some oldschool roleplaying this weekend.
That's very good news about NWN.

Enjoyed this w/end some very nice beers, though it transpired that 'The Princess Bride' is not a film to be savoured whilst inebriated. Way too classy & quick-witted for drunken viewing, but still good fun.

'True Detective' I shall come back to in the future - Had enough GrimDark with 'Breaking Bad' - but it seems to be well written & performed. Plus the soundtrack is awesome :)
maladr0Id: Slow last couple of weeks on the gaming front for me. Still, I did manage to restore my old Primordia saves and finally finish the game, about 7 months after starting it :O

Very atmospheric adventure, I liked how it offsets its pervading bleakness with some lighthearted wit and the puzzle design was also pretty solid. I'm ashamed to say that I had to resort to a walkthrough twice, first for a lame pixel-hunting situation that I totally missed and the second time for a puzzle that I am still not sure how it's solved properly :/

Highly recommended point'n'click overall, worthy addition to Wadjet Eye's growing catalog of modern classics.
Yeah Primordia! I totally want to replay it sometime soon. I really enjoyed it!
vicklemos: T-t-t-thirty?
;(
Ghorpm: It is really not THAT long for a strategy game. And as I said if you are rather aggresive you can do it much faster. I believe it took me 15 hours to beat it this time.
F-f-f-f-fiteeeen? :P
Thanks for the headsup, ghorpm. Been checking some Populous vids and I surely believe I can give this baby a go this month! ;)
superstande: It's sunday evening here now
Finnish sunday evenings = midnight sun? :P
DampSquib: Been playing Sengoku Jidai: Shadow of the Shogun again.
Finishing of the last bit of Balrum too.
Saw some Slitherine titles there and remembered what I was goin' to say: we should definitely check this thread on monday morning to tell what we REALLY played.
It's 20pm in here and I've told you folks I'd play some "Parkan and Parkan II, Armikrog, Ground Pounders and Flying Dragon: The Secret Scroll". There's still time, I know, but I ended up playing just the Parkan games, some Ground Pounders and couldn't pass the third level on the nes/wiiU game ;P
Still, I managed to get further into some Magic Carpet level I was kinda stuck/same thing with Crusader: No Remorse and played the fist campaign of the marvelous Warhammer 40K Armageddon game + skirmishes in Legions of Steel. Great weekend!!!
Post edited July 18, 2016 by vicklemos
vicklemos: Finnish sunday evenings = midnight sun? :P
;)
We are slowly moving away from that madness though, in August the sun only shines until about 10 p.m. :)
The North is worse though.
Post edited July 18, 2016 by superstande
Ghorpm: It is really not THAT long for a strategy game. And as I said if you are rather aggresive you can do it much faster. I believe it took me 15 hours to beat it this time.
vicklemos: F-f-f-f-fiteeeen? :P
Thanks for the headsup, ghorpm. Been checking some Populous vids and I surely believe I can give this baby a go this month! ;)
You are welcome! It's really worth it! Amazing how great this game is even after so many years...
Played Witcher 3 a bunch and finished up the Hearts of Stone expansion, got started on Blood and Wine.
Sarasa: Well for me this WE with my PSU showing sign of failure if the hardware ask to much juice, it will be PSVita and video in EVR (madVR is too much for the PSU in its state). If I could I would replay DS1.

On the PSvita, I will continue with Odin Sphere (playing Velvet Chapter) and perhaps try to finish another ending (n°4) of “Akiba’s Strip Undead & Undressed”
Well in the end
I finished Odin Sphere and started Freedom Wars

I also started watching the series Girls und Panzer
fan3l: Still Dreamfall Chapters.
llamas: I just finished it! What chapter are you on?
did had too much time to play. stuck in the second chapter of book one.
I don't use hints from the Internet, I prefer to break my head until I figure what to do. :)
hope is a satifsaing experience until the end.
pls, no spoilers.
llamas: I just finished it! What chapter are you on?
fan3l: did had too much time to play. stuck in the second chapter of book one.
I don't use hints from the Internet, I prefer to break my head until I figure what to do. :)
hope is a satifsaing experience until the end.
pls, no spoilers.
Well there are a few annoying parts in Book 2 that I needed help with but for the most part the game is very straight forward. Good luck, hope you enjoy it more than I did.