It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

When you’ve entered the Haunted Grounds, the very first thing that I’ve presented to you was the realm of Days Gone. That event stirred the very fabric of GOG, and countless souls screamed in unison: MORE!

Today, the Haunted Grounds are ready to answer, and offer you a glimpse into the future: God of War and UNCHARTED™: Legacy of Thieves Collection will soon arrive on GOG!

Let us delve deeper in what you’re about to witness.

Prepare to don the mantle of Kratos in the critically acclaimed masterpiece, God of War. This time, the Ghost of Sparta ventures into the realm of Norse mythology, where gods, monsters, and legends collide. Armed with his Leviathan Axe and accompanied by his son Atreus, Kratos embarks on a profoundly personal journey, exploring the tumultuous relationship between father and son amidst the chaos of divine forces. The game’s stunning visuals, immersive storytelling, and visceral combat mechanics promise an unparalleled adventure that will leave an indelible mark on your gaming soul.

But the excitement doesn’t stop there. UNCHARTED™: Legacy of Thieves Collection is set to bring the charismatic Nathan Drake back into action. Delve into the adrenaline-fueled escapades of the roguish treasure hunter as he embarks on daring quests, uncovers ancient mysteries, and outwits cunning adversaries. The collection includes two beloved titles, Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End and Uncharted: The Lost Legacy, both remastered to showcase their breathtaking visuals and cinematic storytelling. Traverse exotic landscapes, solve intricate puzzles, and engage in heart-pounding gunfights, all while immersing yourself in a narrative that rivals the most captivating Hollywood blockbusters.

These upcoming arrivals mark a pivotal moment on GOG, as we know how many souls wanted to visit those incredible realms on our platform. Soon enough you’ll be able to travel the mythical realms of gods and monsters in God of War, and embark on a thrilling treasure hunt across the globe in UNCHARTED™: Legacy of Thieves Collection.

Wishlist those masterpieces now, and while you await them, remember that Haunted Grounds are still holding strong and more than 3000 prices slashed to pieces are to be discovered. Find them now, while there’s still time.

HUNT THEM DOWN

Halloween Sale lasts until November 1st, 11 PM UTC.
Those games are huge, they will have to buy a new rack first at a discount. When that is done the current junior data center employees, still in training, will have to work out how to put the game there and some other employees will have to work out a "better power plan", as the energy simply got expensive in East-Europe, they had the biggest inflation ever. If not done so... we know the deal: The power could go off, and the data will be everywhere, just not there. Ah, forgot to say, there is probably a bear at the leading position because the bear surely is affordable, as sturdy as a robot, yet not mindless... at least after his food has been served.

However, it is actually nice to know it in advance because if i know the future soon enough some decisions can be made in advantage of GoG.
Post edited November 02, 2023 by Xeshra
robaato.san: I mean, if Microsoft can make and release "Halo: The Master Chief Collection" to the PC which contains 6 (six) Halo games, so can Sony.

But again, this has nothing to do with GoG.
Xeshra: I would not directly compare it. The remastered Uncharted games are really huge, the 2 newest titles we may get on GoG are probably over 100 GB for the PC version, and the PS5 version was close to 100 GB too (maybe same size now).

If you want "all 5" you are asking for over 150 GB, maybe even 200 GB... on a single "series". Many people may not even enjoy it because they will say "the game is to huge"... yeah, this is how people behave (we had those sort of discussions already): So it makes more sense splitting it.

The PS3 already had the advantage of a BD medium, so naturally Sony games was bigger than MS games. and the remaster is even bigger. Indeed the graphics is surely nice but do not expect it to be a "sweet candy" able to fit into your average "cup of coffee"... and Halo is way smaller in size.

Even the remastered Nioh 1+2 was over 100 GB and it has been delivered on 2 BDXL, for the PS5, in a single "hardcase". However... guess it is not available anymore as "this offer just was to good to be true", Koei got in mind.
I've never rejected a purchase just because of disk space, in fact, I'm reading your comment and I'm shocked. But if you want to "compare sizes", "Halo: The Master Chief Collection" is around 110GB. Uncharted 4 will be around that size too. However, "Halo: The Master Chief Collection" on PC is modular: you can buy the whole collection or just individual games, skipping the games you don't need (also saving "preciousssss" disk space lol).

No, I'm not asking all 5 Uncharted games in a single collection, that's not the point. "Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection" actually only contains the first 3 games, it doesn't contain Uncharted 4. And that is absolutely fine.

The whole point is that although I'm happy for Uncharted 4 to be released on the PC (and on GOG), I'm not sure I would play it, because I would like to play the first 3 games first. Many people say they are really connected.

So I might not purchase Uncharted 4 because of this, at least not until the first 3 games are released too. But I would never reject purchasing a game only because of disk space. 4GB, 40GB or 200GB, doesn't matter, a good game is a good game.
It was never about me, i am probably weird enough enjoying stuff the "big mass" barely will. I currently got 20 TB "backup space", several times and my main space for game install is theoretically around 7 TB (currently need to use some of the OS-SSD space), which still can be increased up to 10 TB in the near future (as soon as PCIE 5.0 SSDs are more mature and with a more sensitive price). Reason why i got all my games installed on a huge library (hundreds of it, with any size involved). However, this is not the way a "typical user" is handling stuff, this is rather "the way of the geek"; we have to be realistic here.

Because we got Sony involved now it is surely very appropriate bringing up the PS5-case:
I mean, the majority of users are not even using a internal SSD expansion on their PS5 i think. which is not even required because a huge fraction of PS5 gamers only own maybe less than 5 games. If they still lack space they simply either are moving a game to a cheap external SSD (in this case inactive but accessible the easy way by moving around) or they may even uninstall the games not anymore active. The "mid range" of gamers are more toward the core and less casual, however... even those gamers are usually perfectly fine using a cheap 1 to 2 TB internal SSD... as they simply never own enough of games able to utilize even more than this or are perfectly fine with moving/uninstalling the "overflow".

The very rare "edge", we may call it geek or nerd-gamer... got even a 4 TB SSD inside, and they may not necessarily need it but those are enthusiasts that want a completely "hassle free experience", and who value their time way more than a lot of additional coins, because to them "less hassle and less time wasted = worth a lot of coins".

On top of that, the majority is still using a PS4 and not a PS5, even though the PS5 is now out for several years already and actually pretty affordable i would say. The "big mass" simply is very slow on any case and this is the main reason why the shifting to the new gen was as well very slow and it took them over 2 years, almost 3, in order to even get the first true PS5 exclusives. Because the mass still was using a system that is now over 10 years of age... and some of them even consider themself "a geek" for using a PS4... it seems everything is relative up to the bloody edge of "hard to believe".

Anyway, because of such a environment... it actually matters for many people if some game got a huge demand and for the publishers it is wise not to "cross" some tech-line way to soon or way to much... as it may not be enjoyable.

This is not my personal approach, nor my personal issue... it simply is some "accepted truth" watching the current market and the users involved, including their actions.
Post edited November 03, 2023 by Xeshra
Xeshra: It was never about me, i am probably weird enough enjoying stuff the "big mass" barely will. I currently got 20 TB "backup space", several times and my main space for game install is theoretically around 7 TB (currently need to use some of the OS-SSD space), which still can be increased up to 10 TB in the near future (as soon as PCIE 5.0 SSDs are more mature and with a more sensitive price). Reason why i got all my games installed on a huge library (hundreds of it, with any size involved). However, this is not the way a "typical user" is handling stuff, this is rather "the way of the geek"; we have to be realistic here.

Because we got Sony involved now it is surely very appropriate bringing up the PS5-case:
I mean, the majority of users are not even using a internal SSD expansion on their PS5 i think. which is not even required because a huge fraction of PS5 gamers only own maybe less than 5 games. If they still lack space they simply either are moving a game to a cheap external SSD (in this case inactive but accessible the easy way by moving around) or they may even uninstall the games not anymore active. The "mid range" of gamers are more toward the core and less casual, however... even those gamers are usually perfectly fine using a cheap 1 to 2 TB internal SSD... as they simply never own enough of games able to utilize even more than this or are perfectly fine with moving/uninstalling the "overflow".

The very rare "edge", we may call it geek or nerd-gamer... got even a 4 TB SSD inside, and they may not necessarily need it but those are enthusiasts that want a completely "hassle free experience", and who value their time way more than a lot of additional coins, because to them "less hassle and less time wasted = worth a lot of coins".

On top of that, the majority is still using a PS4 and not a PS5, even though the PS5 is now out for several years already and actually pretty affordable i would say. The "big mass" simply is very slow on any case and this is the main reason why the shifting to the new gen was as well very slow and it took them over 2 years, almost 3, in order to even get the first true PS5 exclusives. Because the mass still was using a system that is now over 10 years of age... and some of them even consider themself "a geek" for using a PS4... it seems everything is relative up to the bloody edge of "hard to believe".

Anyway, because of such a environment... it actually matters for many people if some game got a huge demand and for the publishers it is wise not to "cross" some tech-line way to soon or way to much... as it may not be enjoyable.

This is not my personal approach, nor my personal issue... it simply is some "accepted truth" watching the current market and the users involved, including their actions.
You're really digressing my friend :)
Actually i got this trait; however, it is actually pretty much a mirror of the situation we got on PCs. Many of the gamers do not even own a "huge PC" anymore, instead some over aged laptop i guess. The amount of laptop-GPUs is pretty high if we check out the Steam surveys. You do not need to move that much further in order to understand that space or performance is rather scarce. 1 year ago the average laptop had around 1 TB space... whole system, thats it... and if we go even more back into even older laptops (especially from economically weak countrys)... the space and performance only gets smaller.
Post edited November 03, 2023 by Xeshra
Xeshra: Actually i got this trait; however, it is actually pretty much a mirror of the situation we got on PCs. Many of the gamers do not even own a "huge PC" anymore, instead some over aged laptop i guess. The amount of laptop-GPUs is pretty high if we check out the Steam surveys. You do not need to move that much further in order to understand that space or performance is rather scarce. 1 year ago the average laptop had around 1 TB space... whole system, thats it... and if we go even more back into even older laptops (especially from economically weak countrys)... the space and performance only gets smaller.
Can we please stop talking about disk space? I beg :)

It's clear that regarding people gaming on the PC, they will mostly run into issues because of a weak GPU, eventually CPU. Even worse, these components are rarely upgradable on laptops. In contrast, disk storage is quite cheap nowadays (including SSDs), and it's replaceable on many laptops, and easily extendable on desktops.

My post wasn't about hardware requirements at all. I would just love to see the first 3 Uncharted games on the PC. That is all. As a remastered collection already exists, that could be a nice candidate. Microsoft did something similar with Halo, and released a pretty big collection on the PC, therefore Sony could do it as well.
Post edited November 04, 2023 by robaato.san
Well, i think your best chance of getting the first 3 Uncharted on PC as well is by buying the GoG version of Uncharted 4+ collection like madness... so Sony will have tears of joy and as a follow up the miraculous idea of porting the old titles to PC may become realistic to them. However, the gamers should improve their love because so far Uncharted 4+ was not hitting the high striker.

Yet... most likely we are not living in a perfect world, just never say never.
Xeshra: Well, i think your best chance of getting the first 3 Uncharted on PC as well is by buying the GoG version of Uncharted 4+ collection like madness... so Sony will have tears of joy and as a follow up the miraculous idea of porting the old titles to PC may become realistic to them. However, the gamers should improve their love because so far Uncharted 4+ was not hitting the high striker.

Yet... most likely we are not living in a perfect world, just never say never.
Yes, I've heard about the Uncharted 4 sales on the PC not going as well as Sony hoped. My first reaction to that would be that people would naturally hesitate to purchase a game which is like a grand final of a saga, while the previous games are not even available on the platform. But that's just me. Part of me would also say that by releasing the first 3 games on the PC, it would naturally boost sales for Uncharted 4 as well.

Yeah, I'm thinking about supporting the cause by purchasing Uncharted 4 anyway, but I feel it would be more like a deposit, hoping for the other 3 games, which might never arrive.
There are 2 sides of a coin, because of the rather mediocre sells and the probably inferior decision of not moving over the first collection to PC GoG kinda got a better chance of a release. Because Steam is not really the "high runner", so another platform may be able to boost sells a little. If the sells on the main platform would be going through the roof... i guess many publishers got rather little interest dealing with the unfortunately way smaller customer-base on some alternate platforms, including GoG.

Steam is sometimes really a hit and miss... which is typical for the mainstream-behavior which is very much based on the current popularity, while on GoG the users in general are more steady and may appreciate it more becoming some high rated AA/AAA-game. On GoG the popularity is not critical, however, the customer-base simply got some boundaries.

I dont know how much Uncharted 4+ is connected to the older titles but probably lesser than the first collection, so in this term it makes sense keeping 1-3 together but not necessarily 4+.

No matter how it looks, it simply was Sony´s decision for some reason and the best way on how to deal with is simply by buying the new collection and openly showing interest/concern for the first collection.
Post edited November 04, 2023 by Xeshra
@Gog team:

God of War is now available with hungarian audio . Credits to SzinkronSarok . https://www.szinkronsarok.hu/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjIZ4FRKfyA
Guess the creator will have to provide a mod for this audio on the GoG version. GoG themself can not do much as they are not the copyright-holder. Sony themself is not known for adding "foreign" content to their game but you can always ask. In any case, the creator will have to "hand over" the copyright.

Sure, Hungary is a small yet increasing market, and they got a beautiful and very unique language which should "be heard" on some of the best games ever made. Indeed, i think God of War is perfectly hitting their taste, a matter that should not be ignored or "unheard".
Post edited November 05, 2023 by Xeshra
Xeshra: Guess the creator will have to provide a mod for this audio on the GoG version. GoG themself can not do much as they are not the copyright-holder. Sony themself is not known for adding "foreign" content to their game but you can always ask. In any case, the creator will have to "hand over" the copyright.
Of course with mods there'll always be the question if a modder actually owns any copyright at all:
https://mttlr.org/2012/11/gaming-mods-and-copyright/
This is a complicated matter, as it totally depends on the mod, the exact action of the mod and if modding is actually supported by a certain game. Many games... without mods, their success would be at a demise... so mods even will boost success and sells of many games. However, there are some mods that may even be able to hurt a dev/publisher, in different ways, and in this case it can be considered "damaging".

I only can speak about the mod that has been brought up here, this one is surely not damaging, as it simply will add a certain missing feature. However, for Sony to add it natively into their game they will need all rights for it, as this content will be copyrighted.
Post edited November 06, 2023 by Xeshra
high rated
Looks like God of War will be coming early next year:
"Not during Winter Sale unfortunately, but it should release shortly afterwards :)"
https://twitter.com/Clownski__/status/1734238892205715754