It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

When you’ve entered the Haunted Grounds, the very first thing that I’ve presented to you was the realm of Days Gone. That event stirred the very fabric of GOG, and countless souls screamed in unison: MORE!

Today, the Haunted Grounds are ready to answer, and offer you a glimpse into the future: God of War and UNCHARTED™: Legacy of Thieves Collection will soon arrive on GOG!

Let us delve deeper in what you’re about to witness.

Prepare to don the mantle of Kratos in the critically acclaimed masterpiece, God of War. This time, the Ghost of Sparta ventures into the realm of Norse mythology, where gods, monsters, and legends collide. Armed with his Leviathan Axe and accompanied by his son Atreus, Kratos embarks on a profoundly personal journey, exploring the tumultuous relationship between father and son amidst the chaos of divine forces. The game’s stunning visuals, immersive storytelling, and visceral combat mechanics promise an unparalleled adventure that will leave an indelible mark on your gaming soul.

But the excitement doesn’t stop there. UNCHARTED™: Legacy of Thieves Collection is set to bring the charismatic Nathan Drake back into action. Delve into the adrenaline-fueled escapades of the roguish treasure hunter as he embarks on daring quests, uncovers ancient mysteries, and outwits cunning adversaries. The collection includes two beloved titles, Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End and Uncharted: The Lost Legacy, both remastered to showcase their breathtaking visuals and cinematic storytelling. Traverse exotic landscapes, solve intricate puzzles, and engage in heart-pounding gunfights, all while immersing yourself in a narrative that rivals the most captivating Hollywood blockbusters.

These upcoming arrivals mark a pivotal moment on GOG, as we know how many souls wanted to visit those incredible realms on our platform. Soon enough you’ll be able to travel the mythical realms of gods and monsters in God of War, and embark on a thrilling treasure hunt across the globe in UNCHARTED™: Legacy of Thieves Collection.

Wishlist those masterpieces now, and while you await them, remember that Haunted Grounds are still holding strong and more than 3000 prices slashed to pieces are to be discovered. Find them now, while there’s still time.

HUNT THEM DOWN

Halloween Sale lasts until November 1st, 11 PM UTC.
Evaneself: I want all the Uncharted games on Gog!
Why only two games ?
Ancient-Red-Dragon: Probably because the new ones are worse, and also because the new ones have data collection spyware integrated into them, but the old ones don't.
There could be an argument for some PS3 games that they are just a pain in the ass to move because it was developed for the PS3. That is a notably different piece of hardware compared to the PS4 and XBox One which were lower level x86 machines.
This is why it is very likely we could get easy ports of Tsushima and a number of others including Second Son and First Light. Both Gravity Rush's would require use of a controller and I would say playing it with a keyboard would be the height of stupidity.
Post edited November 01, 2023 by Sarang
Depends... Final Fantasy 13 for example was on PS3, yet the engine involved was multi purpose, so the engine was able to handle a usual X86 PC... because of that it was rather easy for Square-Enix "moving" it to PC. Of course i would like to see this JP game on GoG too but i guess it is not going to happen any time soon.

Some other games, for example the old Uncharted-titles, got a "specialized" engine which was entirely adapted to the PS3 and this is now a very difficult task "moving it over" to PC, as there is tons of new coding needed.

Of course, a non specialized engine may lack efficiency and is not with the biggest optimization, however... the versatility will often make up for this weakness.

The reason why a very specialized engine is used is because it simply is able to use a hardware in a impressive way, which is the case for the old Uncharted titles which was one of the technically most impressive PS3 titles ever made.
However, yes, moving it over to PC without any "porting issues", at the original shape... is a very difficult task, i would say... not sure it will ever happen but who knows.

Maybe we can make the distinction of "low level" and "high level" engine. Most modern engines are rather "high level", so they may have low efficiency and rather limited optimization but they can be adapted rather easy to almost any system, even something as exotic as a Nintendo Switch. On the other hand there are "low level" engines that are very high efficiency and use all the ressources available, but they are not multi purpose and they will act very cranky as soon as some "specs" are changed to much... a rather rare engine nowadays because in general every dev is prefering a "multi purpose" but low efficiency... simply more profit this way.

So, yeah, there is way more to it than just "hardware performance" or just "optimization"; even the entire architecture and the core intention of the engine targeting a certain architecture can play a huge role.
Post edited November 01, 2023 by Xeshra
Xeshra: Sure, there are ways "limiting" the data being gathered, yet... i would never feel bold enough saying "they would never spy", not gonna happen. I think people have to be realistic and so far... the first important move is to expand the collection of those "franchises" and gaining new potential. Even having it DRM free is already "a lot to ask", already a big step.
Agreed.
Breja: I couldn't disagree more. I consider Uncharter 4 and Lost Legacy the best of the whole series. Granted, I do have one major problem with the story in 4, but I still think it has overall the best story of them all.
Understood.

IMO Uncharted 4 was trying to be everything to everyone but ultimately became "nothing." It has some great scenes and some good ideas, but ultimately its themes are opposing, it wasn't particularly exciting (the E3 showing spoiled the only exciting sequence for me), and it becomes an unfulfilling deconstruction instead of a poignant end. But that's just my take... and certainly many love 4! ;)

(But I believe U4 -- like everything Naughty Dog post-The Last of Us -- suffers from Druckmann's ego and diminished storytelling)

I also find it interesting that Naughty Dog decided Uncharted wasn't about Nathan Drake; they wanted to spin off but sales of the dlc-turned-standalone (on console) didn't seem to support it (Druckmann spoke on freeing Uncharted of Drake). Nothing against female protagonists but Uncharted was always about Nathan Drake for me. The idea they wanted to continue on without Drake and co. felt like making Indiana Jones movies without Indy (which Kennedy STILL wants to do!).

Anyway, with that said...

... glad to see Sony bringing titles to GOG.
Post edited November 01, 2023 by kai2
kai2: I also find it interesting that Naughty Dog decided Uncharted wasn't about Nathan Drake; they wanted to spin off but sales of the dlc-turned-standalone (on console) didn't seem to support it (Druckmann spoke on freeing Uncharted of Drake). Nothing against female protagonists but Uncharted was always about Nathan Drake for me. The idea they wanted to continue on without Drake and co. felt like making Indiana Jones movies without Indy (which Kennedy STILL wants to do!).
I didn't mind continuing without Nathan at all. For me Uncharted 4 was the perfect end to his story, and dragging him out for another adventure would ruin it, but that's no reason an immensly fun series shouldn't continue, and even if it didn't sell well, for me Lost Legacy was proof that it can work.

And honestly, if Rocky can continue without Rocky as Creed, if Star Trek could continue with a new crew again and again, why shouldn't Uncharted continue without Nate? Hell, I could even get behind continuing Indiana Jones wihtout Indy, it just depends on how it would be done. No one wants more of Phoebe Waller-Bridge, but I already had an idea for a new film that would continue after Indy 5, revealing Indy's son wasn't killed in Vietnam but taken prisoner, and now communists are using him to blackmail Indy into getting some magical artefact for them, but being way too old for this shit Indy enlists the help of Short Round, who has since followed in his footsteps and is an adventurer-archeologist in his own right. And after that Ke Huy Quan could continue as the solo protagonist of future films.

I mean, I know Disney won't make that movie I imagined, I'm just saying it's not something I'd be opposed to in principle.
Post edited November 01, 2023 by Breja
They have a female Indy, she's called Lara Croft. None of us are really into a Croft knockoff, I don't know why Kennedy and the rest can't get it through their thick skulls.

As for Druckmann if he could write a good story he would be an author or writing screenplays for TV or movies because THAT is where the writing talent goes in the US. Most writers wouldn't be caught dead writing for video games and if they are its because it's a desperate ploy to get recognized by Hiollywood or Publishing Houses or they are slumming it because they can't find work in those industries. Meanwhile Anime and video games ARE the big industries in Japan and it is what you aspire to, to show you have made it.

There might be a few legit writers in the West who want to write for video games but they are the exception and not all of them are good.
Post edited November 01, 2023 by Sarang
Breja: I didn't mind continuing without Nathan at all. For me Uncharted 4 was the perfect end to his story, and dragging him out for another adventure would ruin it, but that's no reason an immensly fun series shouldn't continue, and even if it didn't sell well, for me Lost Legacy was proof that it can work.
Well, I won't re-state my point too finely, but IMHO Nathan Drake's story ended with 3... and 4 did outstay its welcome. ;)

Breja: And honestly, if Rocky can continue without Rocky as Creed, if Star Trek could continue with a new crew again and again, why shouldn't Uncharted continue without Nate?
We could argue here, but instead I'll just say...

... it's easier to change who plays a main character (ie Bond) from a blockbuster series than to remove and replace a main character... and where Lost Legacy is not a bad game, it found this out in spades. The sales numbers were pretty bad and Sony gave up (at least for the moment) on Naughty Dog moving Uncharted to a new protagonist.

Breja: Hell, I could even get behind continuing Indiana Jones wihtout Indy, it just depends on how it would be done. No one wants more of Phoebe Waller-Bridge, but I already had an idea for a new film that would continue after Indy 5, revealing Indy's son wasn't killed in Vietnam but taken prisoner, and now communists are using him to blackmail Indy into getting some magical artefact for them, but being way too old for this shit Indy enlists the help of Short Round, who has since followed in his footsteps and is an adventurer-archeologist in his own right. And after that Ke Huy Quan could continue as the solo protagonist of future films.

I mean, I know Disney won't make that movie I imagined, I'm just saying it's not something I'd be opposed to in principle.
Write it. Get an entertainment lawyer to send it out!

But IMHO even with Indy it should have stopped at 3.

All that said, still excited that Sony is bringing titles here. Thought they had washed their hands of GOG. Glad that's not the case!

Hey, maybe one day we can get Bend Studios' (Days Gone) Uncharted PS Vita game!
Post edited November 01, 2023 by kai2
Sarang: There could be an argument for some PS3 games that they are just a pain in the ass to move because it was developed for the PS3. That is a notably different piece of hardware compared to the PS4 and XBox One which were lower level x86 machines.
There's a PS4 version of the missing games which could be used as master for the PC version.

I think they simply don't want to. After all they also didn't port the previous PS4 Ratchet and Clank game, only the new one.
Could also be some legal stuff, but I doubt it.
There are some PS4 versions of some older titles, but not all of them was ported over to PS4. The quality of the ones involved is still questionable and bringing it over to PC will improve issues even more.

Guess for Sony it simply is a matter of resources left and taking into consideration if it is actually with sufficient demand on the PC.

Checking out the reviews on Steam... well yeah, the game is not really getting the attention it should deserve... hopefully on GoG it is valued higher, as it is a great game, definitely.

PS4: Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection: I think Uncharted 1-3 is included here. Actually had no clue they was porting over Uncharted 3 too... a tough nut to crack.

PC: Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection: The Lost Legacy + A Thief’s End is included here (the one we we may get on GoG).

I always had more love for Tomb Raider, yet, Uncharted surely is a very high quality game i should still play and with the release on PC and GoG, the opportunity is perfect.
Post edited November 01, 2023 by Xeshra
Xeshra: PS4: Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection: I think Uncharted 1-3 is included here. Actually had no clue they was porting over Uncharted 3 too... a tough nut to crack.

PC: Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection: The Lost Legacy + A Thief’s End is included here (the one we we may get on GoG).
Correct. What Sony should port to the PC is the "Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection", which is a remaster of the first 3 games on the PS4 (although only the single-player story mode). According to reviews, it was a quality remaster and received positive reviews: [url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uncharted:_The_Nathan_Drake_Collection]Wikipedia[/url]

I mean, if Microsoft can make and release "Halo: The Master Chief Collection" to the PC which contains 6 (six) Halo games, so can Sony.

But again, this has nothing to do with GoG.
Post edited November 01, 2023 by robaato.san
tfishell: Fun coincidence: OneyPlays played a bit of Estatica (published by Psygnosis) and released the video today.

https://youtu.be/suF90IzF0uU?si=yvyF75lFzejIgqac
Breja: And that's related... how?
Psygnosis was bought by Sony, and the company has been mentioned when discussing what Sony games people want here.
Post edited November 02, 2023 by tfishell
robaato.san: I mean, if Microsoft can make and release "Halo: The Master Chief Collection" to the PC which contains 6 (six) Halo games, so can Sony.

But again, this has nothing to do with GoG.
I would not directly compare it. The remastered Uncharted games are really huge, the 2 newest titles we may get on GoG are probably over 100 GB for the PC version, and the PS5 version was close to 100 GB too (maybe same size now).

If you want "all 5" you are asking for over 150 GB, maybe even 200 GB... on a single "series". Many people may not even enjoy it because they will say "the game is to huge"... yeah, this is how people behave (we had those sort of discussions already): So it makes more sense splitting it.

The PS3 already had the advantage of a BD medium, so naturally Sony games was bigger than MS games. and the remaster is even bigger. Indeed the graphics is surely nice but do not expect it to be a "sweet candy" able to fit into your average "cup of coffee"... and Halo is way smaller in size.

Even the remastered Nioh 1+2 was over 100 GB and it has been delivered on 2 BDXL, for the PS5, in a single "hardcase". However... guess it is not available anymore as "this offer just was to good to be true", Koei got in mind.
Post edited November 02, 2023 by Xeshra
I never understand why GOG keep doing this "soon" stuff. Give us dates. It's not like these games are newly launched. we get the scraps of whats left over but help us plan around releases. What is the purpose of "soon"? Just release or let us know when. Everything doesn't have to be cryptic.
Breja: And that's related... how?
tfishell: Psygnosis was bought by Sony
Ah. Ok, thanks, I didn't know that.
Sr. Chalice: I never understand why GOG keep doing this "soon" stuff. Give us dates. It's not like these games are newly launched. we get the scraps of whats left over but help us plan around releases. What is the purpose of "soon"? Just release or let us know when. Everything doesn't have to be cryptic.
"soon" very much does it for me. At least then I know THAT we get the game and don't have to buy it elsewhere. In fact I would appreciate that we got the "soon" advicer by far sooner. One of these games I already bought somewhere else.