It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I’ll be out most of today, have a funeral to attend and family functions.

Carradice: In any case, lynching townies knowingly looks like a self-destroying Town.
Trying to catch up and I was wondering what you meant by this? How would a Town player knowingly lynch another Town player (unless they were a Cop)?
Carradice: @GR: you know, a matrix is nothing but a list, especially arranged for extra clarity. It was a revolutionary invention, though.
Maybe, but to me it is a jumbled mess. o.0

(Maybe I just am not good at reading such easily? :|)

Carradice: On @FLocke: what's the case? the hesitation at voting that (most should agree) might fall squarely into what is to be expected of a new player at the end of D1. Then, someone who seems busy. Anything else that has been missed?
You simplify it a bit, I think......Flocke had a chance to hammer a suspect of his on D1 and chose not to.........even though he had the chance.

He then posted very little and came back on D2 to vote on someone with no other votes atm, and then left again. He hasn't even bothered to tell us if he has IRL issues that necessitate him not posting much, which would be expected if that was the case, and he hasn't asked for a sub either.

Carradice: On @Microfish: an initial bandwagon that was quickly amassed in order to prevent a NL, when @agent's bandwagon dissipated. The spark was a post of someone who seeemed to be fishing. Later, @RWarehall pointed out he believed it was not solid. After re-reading, many have agreed that they do not think he was fishing anymore. Yet some still vote for him. In D2 he has claimed. In two game days, he might become an asset.
This seems a good picture on Micro.

Carradice: Opinion: On @Flocke, he pointed a finger on @yogsloth and @trent early. Then, said players charge against him at the first opportunity. The player is new and busy and appears to be lynchalicious. He is not fighting much, either.
Which is ODD, seeing as if he wants to stay in the game and is town he'd likely be doing his damndest to prove that by posting reads/other posts.

Carradice: On @Micro: the momentum of his bandwagon because of the allegued fishing did not stop when people changed their minds. The best arguments that have been provided have been 'uh, let us lynch someone'. Especially, the burden of the proof has been turned over him to make him prove he is innocent. How in the world can you do that. Even if he was a doctor, some would argue that he is a mafia doctor or what, like with the neighbouriser.
It would be a great, great surprise here if that bandwagon is not padded with scum.
As to the "let's lynch someone" thing: Several veteran players have said we need a lynch, and seeing as how we got very little info from D1-D2 transition, I am starting to agree with them.....at the time I figured Micro would do as his role seemed not very useful, but now I am starting to see how useful he could be if he is in fact town.

Carradice: In any case, lynching townies knowingly looks like a self-destroying Town.
Flocke has a good case building on him, and he's done little to dissuade that.....so in his case it's not lynching townies knowingly(as he has done some odd/sketchy looking things & also we don't know if he's town or not).

Carradice: Allowing themselves to be herded: too many.
If by this you mean the wagons...well, i'd rather that now than the fractured voting of D1.

Carradice: Give @Micro a chance. The case against him does not exist, he has made a claim that will be confirmed and he has been fighting the good fight, kudos for that.
Agreed....I think we should let Micro have another day or two & see what happens.

Carradice: It can be understood that some are upset at Flocke being absent (maybe he ought to have considered a sub?), though.
If he truly couldn't play he likely would have done so....this alone means he either wants to stay in game and isn't making any effort to show it, or is scum trying to hide....both make him a good choice for lynch, imo.

Carradice: Start going after someone who looks scummy, including those who publish just inane posts and go with the crowd without providing rationales for their acts. If they have believably fishing, acting fishy... you can build your own list and go after the offenders. It is NOT Day 1 anymore. Gloves off.
Flocke looks scummy to me and some others as well...why not go after him?

Carradice: Idus Martiae Caesar
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?!?

*Head explodes*

(@OP: Above bit is NOT a vote)

I don't believe this......so you're going to start ANOTHER wagon along with Flocke's and Pooka's wagons? Really? Do you want us to become fractured in voting & go to end of D2 with another no lynch, then?

OR are you trying to prove something with a test vote of sorts?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*GR mixes up another alcoholic potion, and then makes it a double*

"I need this right now......everyone around me is going mad, it seems"
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(@OP: Above bits are also NOT votes)
trentonlf: I’ll be out most of today, have a funeral to attend and family functions.

trentonlf: Trying to catch up and I was wondering what you meant by this? How would a Town player knowingly lynch another Town player (unless they were a Cop)?
Voting for someone that has no real case against him, knowingly (and some have said that their main motivation is just lynching someone) equals lynching town... If someone is lynched, it ought to be in the hope of hitting scum, not just for the sake of lynching someone.
trentonlf: I’ll be out most of today, have a funeral to attend and family functions.
You have my sympathies and my prayers will be going out to you and yours, if that's any consolation.
===========================================================

Carradice: Voting for someone that has no real case against him, knowingly (and some have said that their main motivation is just lynching someone) equals lynching town... If someone is lynched, it ought to be in the hope of hitting scum, not just for the sake of lynching someone.
That is why I want to lynch Flocke over Micro, but I am starting to agree with others that ANY lynch could be useful(vets can analyze wagons[who is on or off them, etc] and other data on the next day, for starters)....we sure had a near lack of data from the past "night/day", at any rate.

That is why I now subscribe to it(atm anyways), and dislike this fractured voting(First Flocke, then pooka, now yourself).....it is not giving us much to go on if we keep no lynching, and some of us have a suspicion of/case building against Flocke(which you seem to be tossing under the same category as the reasons some of us had/have for wanting to lynch Micro).

(If you aren't doing what I state above then please let us know such....in case I have made a mistake in reading your latest posts/etc)
I've been convinced by the arguments that we can always lynch Micro when D4 comes around and he hasn't been confirmed. I find it unlikely that scum has such a powerful role that two extra Night actions will win them the game.

As such, I want Flock to give some explanations. I know this is putting him in quickhammer range, but I don't think Scum are particularly keen on quickhammering on Day 2. If anyone does hammer before Flock has a chance to respond, I'm going after them Tomorrow.

Votus FlockeSchnee
agentcarr16: I've been convinced by the arguments that we can always lynch Micro when D4 comes around and he hasn't been confirmed. I find it unlikely that scum has such a powerful role that two extra Night actions will win them the game.
Unless they have a BlowUpTheCastleus&AllGoodGuyus spell or some such that activate after 2 or so days......wait, they don't/can't have such a thing, right? o.0

*hides in fear*

agentcarr16: As such, I want Flock to give some explanations. I know this is putting him in quickhammer range, but I don't think Scum are particularly keen on quickhammering on Day 2. If anyone does hammer before Flock has a chance to respond, I'm going after them Tomorrow.
Agreed and fair enough....I hope Flocke comes on soon enough so he can get his chance to speak, and I hope all other town give him a chance to do so one more time at least.

Trying to catch up and I was wondering what you meant by this? How would a Town player knowingly lynch another Town player (unless they were a Cop)?
Carradice: Voting for someone that has no real case against him, knowingly (and some have said that their main motivation is just lynching someone) equals lynching town... If someone is lynched, it ought to be in the hope of hitting scum, not just for the sake of lynching someone.
Whole heartedly agree that lynching someone just to make sure there’s a lynch is very anti-town, but I’m not sure I would equate it to knowingly lynching Town. Yes there will probably be people knowingly lynching Town/3rd party, but not everyone who votes just to lynch someone falls into that category (but anyone who does should be questioned and highly suspected).
trentonlf: Whole heartedly agree that lynching someone just to make sure there’s a lynch is very anti-town, but I’m not sure I would equate it to knowingly lynching Town. Yes there will probably be people knowingly lynching Town/3rd party, but not everyone who votes just to lynch someone falls into that category (but anyone who does should be questioned and highly suspected).
Wait, according to Lift/others NOT lynching and letting us go to nolynch is bad town play/suspicious, and now you're essentially saying that lynching to avoid a nolynch(but of anyone) is bad town play?

So which is it then, everyone? Can't have it both ways......
PookaMustard: I have a job interview tomorrow, so wish me luck.
Good luck Pooka. Also, I wasn't thinking of Joe. Good that you brought him up... I have to be more aware of him. And your arguments in #821 are sound. Uselessness was the best way to describe it

GameRager: I mean, if he DOES have IRL issues, then he could've mentioned them by now like others have done...yet he has not, and he also has not asked the OP to sub him out(due to not being able to keep up with the game).....all of that makes him very suspect, imo.
Actually, he did. You should recheck post 451:
FlockeSchnee: For everyone who must know: I'm not allowed to use internet for private stuff at work and I would get fired if I got caught using it or diddling with my phone (that doesn't even have internet, because that's what I have a computer for, yes, I'm _that_ weird), with six people in a small room nothing ever really goes unnoticed.
But I suppose in the weekend there's less of a chance that that might be an issue. Well at least some time of the week he's bound to have time off work and that's when we can expect Flocke to come answer all the questions we're asking of him. Since he hasn't been too much active during the weekdays I expect we can see more of his posts today and tomorrow.

And boy does he need to post those answers.

ConsulCaesar: The risk: assuming the game is 10 town / 4 non-town (either mafia or third party), we are currently at 9/4. If we mislynch and mafia gets a kill twice, we'd be at 7/4 on Day 3 and a risky 5/4 on Day 4 (where we'd have either a mod-confirmed townie or a sure lynch, unless mafia kills Micro first if he's town). Since Flocke is under high suspicion right now and will probably still be Day 3, we can consider going for him Day 2 and see what the situation on Day 3 is. Perhaps a cop gets a guilty investigation tonight and the problem solves itself.

(The numbers would be worse if there is a neutral with killing power, but there's no evidence so far).
Hmmmm. I was very close to outright stating that you were certain scum, but your D2 posts go in a towny direction. I guess I have to amend my read of you in Carradice's spreadsheet down to a 0.7. Still someone I have suspicions of, but not first line lynch target.

agentcarr16: As such, I want Flock to give some explanations. I know this is putting him in quickhammer range, but I don't think Scum are particularly keen on quickhammering on Day 2. If anyone does hammer before Flock has a chance to respond, I'm going after them Tomorrow.
Lift did mention the risk of a quickhammer before, but I'm agreeing with you here. If they quickhammer we'll be so fast on top of them I'm almost hoping they do it and spare us the effort of finding the first scum.
trentonlf: Whole heartedly agree that lynching someone just to make sure there’s a lynch is very anti-town, but I’m not sure I would equate it to knowingly lynching Town. Yes there will probably be people knowingly lynching Town/3rd party, but not everyone who votes just to lynch someone falls into that category (but anyone who does should be questioned and highly suspected).
GameRager: Wait, according to Lift/others NOT lynching and letting us go to nolynch is bad town play/suspicious, and now you're essentially saying that lynching to avoid a nolynch(but of anyone) is bad town play?

So which is it then, everyone? Can't have it both ways......
What I’m saying is lynching someone just to lynch them without a reason is anti-town. It’s easy to say “oh I’m just voting them to avoid a no lynch” but that basically gives them a free pass to lynch someone. To me that is anti-town and very suspect. A no lynch is bad and should be avoided at all costs, but lynching someone just to lynch them is anti-town (IMO).
joppo: But I suppose in the weekend there's less of a chance that that might be an issue. Well at least some time of the week he's bound to have time off work and that's when we can expect Flocke to come answer all the questions we're asking of him. Since he hasn't been too much active during the weekdays I expect we can see more of his posts today and tomorrow.
Thing is that only explains the days/times he's at work. I don't think he works 24 hours a day, basically, and I assume he has a PC at home & could've posted something.....anything.....when he had the time(even a few short lines here and there to give more reads or just shoot the shit and show he's involved).

Also if he does have IRL issues beyond the work situation then i'm surprised he never mentioned them(so we could understand and give him more leeway if need be).....I would assume as he didn't ask for a sub as of yet that means he wants to play, yet he makes little effort to play & give no reasons(beyond that one bit) why he doesn't post at home/etc.

agentcarr16: And boy does he need to post those answers.
Agreed....and I hope he does it before deadline.

agentcarr16: Lift did mention the risk of a quickhammer before, but I'm agreeing with you here. If they quickhammer we'll be so fast on top of them I'm almost hoping they do it and spare us the effort of finding the first scum.
Also agreed, though eventually if he doesn't reply another town will have to make a choice: Get us a lynch or not....because with 2 IRL days left to go(give or take) and little else to go on I don't see another wagon happening.
========================================================================

trentonlf: What I’m saying is lynching someone just to lynch them without a reason is anti-town. It’s easy to say “oh I’m just voting them to avoid a no lynch” but that basically gives them a free pass to lynch someone. To me that is anti-town and very suspect. A no lynch is bad and should be avoided at all costs, but lynching someone just to lynch them is anti-town (IMO).
Thing is, with little to go on some of us town might have to go for any lynch(even if it's not a preferred lynch) or possibly end up with a nolynch.
EBWOP
“At all costs” should be removed from that statement and it should just say a no lynch should be avoided.
trentonlf: EBWOP
“At all costs” should be removed from that statement and it should just say a no lynch should be avoided.
Aw, but that bit made it sound all bad arse. :D
=========================================================

Also EBWOP: In post 836 by me, the bits that are quoted as Agent were written by Joppo......I put the wrong quote tags on them, it seems.
Flocke 6 - joppo, Lift, Joe, GameRager, Caesar, agent
Micro 3 - trent, yogs, SirPrimalform
yogs 1 - Micro
Trenonlf 1 - FlockeSchnee
JoeSapphire 1 - Pooka
Caesar 1 - Carradice

That's where we're at, right?

Flocke L-1

Let's see what Flocke comes up with, I guess
Microfish_1: Caesar was on my suspect list in part because of his near-complete lack of meaningful anything D1 & 1.5.
1.5 is between 1 and 2, and what lies between D1 and D2? N1! Are you complaining about Caesar being quiet in your scumchat? Aha, caught you!

I'm guessing you're actually referring to D2 when you say D1.5 because the no-lynch makes it feel like we're still on D1?

Microfish_1: For that matter, what posts of substance have you made, SPF?
None, I've got nothing! As I said, it still feels like D1 because of the no-lynch yesterDay and I am horrible at D1. Once we've got a wagon with a flip I'll have something to look at.

PookaMustard: Also thanks everyone, hopefully I land it!
Ooh, good luck!

______

Ok, there are a few good arguments being made for a "wait and see" approach to Micro.

I'm not about to hammer Flocke before they have a chance to return so I'll stay on Micro for now. I think he's probably scum, but as others have said, if he is then he'll get outed as a liar on D4.

Hmm, Pooka seems to be tunelling Joe awfully hard.

The wagon on Flocke has built quite fast, hopefully they come back and give us some info soon. Flocke's vote for trent doesn't seem tremendously productive, not without a good supporting argument at least. Pooka's now voting for Joe, so there's another person starting a wagon fairly late in the day without a tremendously compelling argument.
Carradice's vote for Caesar has a bit more foundation, I guess I'd support that in a pinch.

Would vote Flocke pending if they come back and what they say. Would vote Caesar to avoid no-lynch.
Wouldn't vote yogs, trent or Joe today.

Seriously guys, we can't have another no-lynch. I don't think I can take another no-lynch. It'll be Day 1: Part III and we all know how that turned out for Back to the Future, The Matrix and the Hobbit...