It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

yogsloth: By my reads - no.

I have trent, pooka, and carradice all on the town side of the ledger.
I was more musing to myself with that bit than looking for replies, but thanks for that. That said:

Well, seeing as I have you in my top 4 suspect list, you can kinda see why I wouldn't put much stock in that reads list. ;)

(Although I will use it a bit along with everyone else's lists/posts to weigh what to do in game)

yogsloth: Ah, Joe thinks trent and Pooka are both scum

I might need to revisit that early Joe Town read

not today though
Are you honestly contemplating weighing someone less town just because they suspect the people you think are town? Really? Really really? Really really with sprinkles on top?

I am seriously asking, btw, as that seems a tiny bit(but not a lot) suspect.
=============================================================

agentcarr16: I'm Lee Jordan from Gryffindor. I'm a Town One-Shot Neighbouriser. Not a particularly powerful role, but a confirmable one.
Hmm...based on the HP wiki and other sites the name/house work out....though I had another theory on which house(s) the PRs were in which that PR/house combo seems to discredit a bit(though the PRs MIGHT be sprinkled throughout all houses, or sorted by PR type best suited for each house).

Also I looked into that PR....hmm, seems like it'd be a big help to town if the claim rings true.....hmm what to do, what to do....ok then:

Unvotus Agent

(Note: If you survive i'd think about finding the town cop[if there is one] and neighboring them if you survive till day 2 so you can verify their claims and help us get rid of scum....just a suggestion)

agentcarr16: I've got trent and yogs pretty solidly Town. Carradice I'm leaning Town. Pooka is the only one I don't have much of a read on, but I haven't reread him yet.
Hmm, let's hope for your sake you are right on some of them.....as I have trent/Yog on my suspects list atm and don't have many others(besides Lift).

agentcarr16: I'm willing to lynch Microfish, though he isn't my top choice. I didn't like his no-lynch vote early in the Day and I read him as fishing in post 226. Also, he's pushed several times for chain lynching myself and then Lift, which isn't a particularly great idea. Lift should be lynched on his own merits, not just because he tunneled on me.
I still suspect Lift atm, but I don't see his wagon taking off so I will stick with your suggestion and the biggest wagon atm(I think it's the biggest anyways) & thus:

Votus Microfish

And in doing so, I hope we hit scum & that I haven't made a mistake in doing so.

agentcarr16: Will be back on before deadline.
Make sure it's a good amount of time before, so you can join in before deadline comes if need be to reply to posts/etc.
================================================================

To all: What do all of the rest of you guys/gals think about Agent's claim? Ring true or no?
RWarehall: Agent - Give me more than OMGUS voting on you or surface level reads like "wants no lynch" "claimed Ravenclaw" lynch him...
agentcarr16: That's a ridiculous request. You just told me that I have to come up with a completely original and unnoticed-up-to-now reason to vote for one of 7 particular players based on Day 1 posts alone.
What's so unreasonable asking for you to do a little work. So far your contributions seem to be OMGUS fixation on Lift, Town reading anyone supporting you (with zero explanation why) and after admitting you weren't really reading the thread, voting low-hanging fruit for one line out of single posts. In other words, superficial effort. The fact you think this is ridiculous explains perfectly how you got yourself in this situation. Nowhere did I ask for anything "original" just a sign you are putting in some effort. Trent and Yogs both "solidly Town", c'mon now...especially Yogs...

----------

Not sure how much I like the claim, minor character, unlikely role to be counter-claimed but the English spelling is right.
Interesting how the the Caesar lynch wagon completely evaporated...something is fishy there.

Unvotus Agent
Votus Caesar
Vote Count

Microfish 5 - trent, Pooka, yogsloth, Carradice, GameRager
agent 4 - Lift, SirPrimalform, Joe, Micro
Lift 3 - agent, ConsulCaesar, FlockeShnee
ConsulCaesar 2 - joppo, RWarehall

Everyone else - 0
Not voting -

14 players remaining - it takes 8 to lynch.

Micro is closest at L-3

When you see a vote count, please check that your name is against the right person. Let me know if it isn't.

16:30 hrs left
Post edited February 08, 2020 by ZFR
Well, isn't this voting a thriller. Better than Hitchcock, yo.

agentcarr16: I'm Lee Jordan from Gryffindor. I'm a Town One-Shot Neighbouriser. Not a particularly powerful role, but a confirmable one.
Town people might do well to silently (you know) reflect on this statement.

If the power is self-confirming, then the statement is even more meaningful.

The more true names that are revealed, the less powerful the Name mechanics becomes for detecting false claims (each revealed name is an already-sprung trap for the false-claimer) :-|

The name fits and the House affiliation is meaningful, according to the text of Dumbledore's speech, witout entering discussions about PMs (see post #266, point 1)

agentcarr16: I'm willing to lynch Microfish, though he isn't my top choice. I didn't like his no-lynch vote early in the Day and I read him as fishing in post 226. Also, he's pushed several times for chain lynching myself and then Lift, which isn't a particularly great idea. Lift should be lynched on his own merits, not just because he tunneled on me.
Most likely, more than one on Agent's bandwagon might want to at least think the whole thing of lynching @Agent again, after this revelation. If no one reconsiders, we might be reaching a 7 vs 7, with someone like @SPF holding the key to break the tie.

Now, if @Microfish is forced to make another reveal, the whole thing might be sensational: Will the questers arrive to a decision on whom to offer an unsavory lunch via Votus? Didn't you eat your all your nails already? What about those of your toes?

The answers to these and other questions, in a matter of hours.

Confectio Valium Tranquilissimus

*Passes pills around*

RWarehall: .
Interesting how the the Caesar lynch wagon completely evaporated...something is fishy there.
You missed how we are giving two names and accepting whichever gets sufficient votes, and for now voting @Micro as it looks like it has more chances right now. You should be checking from #447 on if you want to read all about it.

Also, whoever is serious about breaking the no-lynch, might do well in comprimising and providing two votes (are yours @ConsulCaesar and @AgentCarr?).

*Passes around a few more pills*
Carradice: You missed how we are giving two names and accepting whichever gets sufficient votes, and for now voting @Micro as it looks like it has more chances right now. You should be checking from #447 on if you want to read all about it.
Did you bother to read my post 430?

@ZFR Do I get two votes? I see I'm still listed under Agent...

BTW...Micro is a bad lynch.
RWarehall: @ZFR Do I get two votes? I see I'm still listed under Agent...
Thanks, corrected.
Carradice: You missed how we are giving two names and accepting whichever gets sufficient votes, and for now voting @Micro as it looks like it has more chances right now. You should be checking from #447 on if you want to read all about it.
RWarehall: Did you bother to read my post 430?

@ZFR Do I get two votes? I see I'm still listed under Agent...

BTW...Micro is a bad lynch.
Yes, you were between the two. But after the claim you might have reconsidered, or not.

Have been advocating for @ConsulCaesar as a much more solid lynch...... But Agent vs Lift has been getting sucking away most of the votes.......... Micro is a second..... Would vote for whoever of the two can make 8, as a compromise. But ConsulCaesar looks way more solid.
RWarehall: Not sure how much I like the claim, minor character, unlikely role to be counter-claimed but the English spelling is right.
Also I think the PRs make up more of the players in the non gryffindor/slytherin houses, due to there likely being a lower number of each of those two houses playing in the game.....though a PR might be in gryffindor.
======================================================

Carradice: Well, isn't this voting a thriller. Better than Hitchcock, yo.
Carradice: Town people might do well to silently (you know) reflect on this statement.

If the power is self-confirming, then the statement is even more meaningful.
Agreed, and I myself mulled it over a few times before changing votes.

Carradice: Now, if @Microfish is forced to make another reveal, the whole thing might be sensational: Will the questers arrive to a decision on whom to offer an unsavory lunch via Votus? Didn't you eat your all your nails already? What about those of your toes?

The answers to these and other questions, in a matter of hours.
Carradice: Confectio Valium Tranquilissimus

*Passes pills around*
H-h-h-old on there a momento.....I never agreed to that fool plan of yours...especially so close to deadline.
=======================================================

RWarehall: BTW...Micro is a bad lynch.
Well as everyone said(or most said) nolynch is worse....so it's either micro, agent, lift(the biggest wagons the entire "day" that I noticed) or a nolynch....now which will it be?
=======================================================

*Done for now....going off in a bit to play some games(No, not the one in the one rule o.0).....will be back in a few hours, though I might check in every little while*
GameRager: Well as everyone said(or most said) nolynch is worse....so it's either micro, agent, lift(the biggest wagons the entire "day" that I noticed) or a nolynch....now which will it be?
Why do you leave Caesar out of it? Micro's wagon just came out of nowhere. And his wagon was growing with a number of people supporting that cause that had not voted him as yet. What I'm finding odd is the lack of traction and how it just evaporated. Were there people distancing and trying to pocket those who suspected Caesar?
RWarehall: Why do you leave Caesar out of it?
Tbh I forgot he had a decent sized wagon on him(have been trying to keep up with as much as I can in the game, though), and also I don't really see him as a good place to put my vote atm.

RWarehall: Micro's wagon just came out of nowhere. And his wagon was growing with a number of people supporting that cause that had not voted him as yet. What I'm finding odd is the lack of traction and how it just evaporated. Were there people distancing and trying to pocket those who suspected Caesar?
I dunno....as for me: I can at least mildly suspect Micro due to the possible fishing attempt earlier....caesar I have no read on(town or scum) atm....which is partly why I voted for him recently(I also want to see a lynch go through now, so we get those "reads" and "info" people keep saying a lynch is needed to get).
The whole fishing thing is bogus.

Granted, people talk about scum role-fishing a lot, but I can't think of a single instance where it was scum role-fishing and not town trying to get a heads-up by figuring out the game mechanics.

It reminds me a a story a read about a reporter looking into Halloween and razor blades. There was a time (maybe still in some places?) where parents would take all the Halloween candy to the police station to have it metal detected. This reporter contacted 100's of police departments and not one of them had ever found a razor blade in candy.

I think the same applies to "role-fishing". Don't get me wrong, I think it's a bad idea to talk about roles like that. Because in talking about it, people might let information slip. That doesn't mean the person starting it is actually scum though. If scum are involved in the discussion, I'd think they are more likely encouraging the talk after a naive town starts it. That way they are "blameless".
RWarehall: The whole fishing thing is bogus.

Granted, people talk about scum role-fishing a lot, but I can't think of a single instance where it was scum role-fishing and not town trying to get a heads-up by figuring out the game mechanics.
Well many keep saying we "need" a lynch, ANY lynch, to get info....so either we lynch Micro(biggest wagon atm), agent(though he claimed and it seems plausible), Lift(though there's not much traction there atm), or caesar(but I don't feel like voting him, tbh)......those choices seem to be the most popular....so it's either one of those, build a new wagon and get people onboard at the eleventh hour(very unlikely, imo), or go for a nolynch(through inaction and indecision, most likely).

RWarehall: It reminds me a a story a read about a reporter looking into Halloween and razor blades. There was a time (maybe still in some places?) where parents would take all the Halloween candy to the police station to have it metal detected. This reporter contacted 100's of police departments and not one of them had ever found a razor blade in candy.
That actually was a few isolated incidents and it was proven the parents did it to their own kids and blamed it on strangers, leading to a mass panic for years.

RWarehall: I think the same applies to "role-fishing". Don't get me wrong, I think it's a bad idea to talk about roles like that. Because in talking about it, people might let information slip. That doesn't mean the person starting it is actually scum though. If scum are involved in the discussion, I'd think they are more likely encouraging the talk after a naive town starts it. That way they are "blameless".
Fair enough, but at this close to deadline it's mostly either lynch one of the main wagons or go without a lynch....which is more preferable?
I suggest voting Caesar. That is where my vote sits. I challenged both him and Agent to contribute more. Caesar's only contributions are minimal and surface-level and primarily Lift v Agent and self-defense. Now that Agent has claimed, his Neighbor can acknowledge his role tomorrow. While this doesn't prevent Agent from possibly being a scum Neighbouriser possible...but is it likely?) or not being one at all and using a scum buddy to confirm him, it limits the options.
Sorry, I missed this post before...replying to it now:

Microfish_1: Repeating: for the umpteenth time, I was not asking for an answer, but for people to answer this to themselves and to keep this in mind in case of a claim.
I got that much from it, if that's any consolation...I am mainly voting you to avoid the dreaded nolynch, and to get that supposed info dump some here think comes with every lynch.

Microfish_1: Unfortunately, IRL calls and I cannot read any further than this. I hope to be back within 4 hours, but am promising nada.
I hope you come back soon if need be to defend yourself if need be.
=================================================

RWarehall: I suggest voting Caesar. That is where my vote sits. I challenged both him and Agent to contribute more. Caesar's only contributions are minimal and surface-level and primarily Lift v Agent and self-defense.
J. Jonah Jameson's "You're serious" dot jpg?

Basically we have around 14 or so hours to wrap this up and you want me/others to jump on a wagin that currently has only two votes? How does that make sense?

(Also that would likely also lead to a nolynch is not enough people jumped on board, and I don't see someone not posting as suspicion worthy enough to vote for by itself)
GameRager: J. Jonah Jameson's "You're serious" dot jpg?

Basically we have around 14 or so hours to wrap this up and you want me/others to jump on a wagin that currently has only two votes? How does that make sense?

(Also that would likely also lead to a nolynch is not enough people jumped on board, and I don't see someone not posting as suspicion worthy enough to vote for by itself)
Caesar just had 3 votes and Micro just had 1 a short time ago. In 8 hours he went from 1 vote to 5. Yogsloth had expressed interest in Caesar. You seem ready to just vote anyone. And I think Trent had also expressed some interest. And I had not voted him yet. That's 7.