It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I suppose those who haven't voted and didn't speak lately are waiting for Joe to try and convince us that he's a bad lynch.

I am nearby but unless something new comes up I think I said all that I could have said, except that I only realized the extension of the argument Pooka made after I read that it finally convinced Lift to suspect Joe more than me.

Hmmm EOD is in roughly what, 32 hours? A nolynch isn't that much of a concern given that Joe is already at L-1, unless he manages to convince us that he isn't adequate lynch material.
Microfish_1: thank you for the reminder!
this gives us prob 30 hours, but at least 24 before i feel i have to vote.
I want the nonconfirmed folk on record this time.
I actually like this approach. Let the unconfirmed players show their colour by putting down their vote and then the confirmed players can decide which way to go. That's better than giving scum the opportunity to ride on the coattails of the confirmed players.
Sorry I was busy yesterday evening.

Lifthrasil: Of course I don't know if this game has a feedback on failed powers,
I've not actually had any feedback at all since Night 2.

agentcarr16: Votus Joe

Do you have any powers left or not?
;p
yes. I've got a single Commute left.

Microfish_1: I will vote Joe or joppo,
So Lifthrasil abandons his easy-target no-substance vote to vote for the TRACKER - the only role left that might catch scum, then joins a wagon created by his vote subject, but is STILL willing to vote his previous vote.
And we're just letting him get away with it?

I fight against the wagon on easy-target Caesar, argue in his favour with references, and call for the arguments against him to be qualified - exposing their lack of substance!
I've been scumhunting like a boss all game, and just - JUST - because confirmed-Carradice's actions as-reported-by-near-confirmed-AgentCarr make it look like I've bullshitting my roleclaim I get all this suspicion?

What do I need to do to convince you I'm on your team? You want me to sing the hogwarts anthem?
After the talk about town vs town this game, does anyone else feel that Joe vs Lift could be scum vs scum? Or more accurately, SK vs mafia, in search of the last townie points. I'd be fine voting for either, with Joppo as third option.

A serial killer explains better the night events. Call it Occam's razor if you will. So I lean towards Joe. But I don't want to hammer just yet and end the day when there's still time. Tomorrow is a Saturday so I can post in the morning and afternoon.
Okay, I'mma be real, real honest with you here, kids.

Yes, I killed Carradice. I KNOW. I'm sorry, it was the wrong thing to do. I'm can admit it: I dropped the ball on that one.

I ought to have told you that I'm a Jack-Of-All-Trades slash Conditional Serial Killer. I wish I had done from the beginning, if I could go back and change it, I WOULD I really, really, honestly would.

So here's my proposition: Let's NOT lynch Joe today - NOW I KNOW WHAT YOU'RE GONNA SAY BUT HEAR ME OUT.

Look at it this way - why not make me the mafia's problem? At least for one night.

I win when all players die, whether or not I survive! So as long as I live, the mafia CAN'T win! So sooner or later, I'm gonna be their problem.

At the moment they already got Microfish and possibly-Joppo as their problems, wouldn't you rather I was taking their attention.

So let's hypothesise in here: Seven players left -
If you lynch mafia toDay, we get one beautiful night together, then you lynch me tomorrow HOORAY FOR YOU
If you drop your balls toDay - Mafia might kill me - problem solved! We begin Day 6 with five players.
(If we begin Day 6 with four players you lynch me and I lose - it's not possible to happen, but that's my incentive for not lying about my conditions. My SirP kill should convince you that I'm not actually on the mafia team and lying.)

We get to Day 6 with five players - you might choose to lynch me, you get to Day 7 with, let's guess Carr, Pooka and Caesar. Something like that. Town pulls it out of the bag at the last minute. HOORAY FOR YOOUO!

And yes, my incentive for proposing this is twofold - I like playing the game, I'd have more fun hanging around another Day.
- there's a CHANCE you'll never find the scum and I'll somehow turn that into a victory for me - which means that it's in my best interests to hunt non-scum, which means that you should ignore my reads and avoid my wagons, but Guys! This is so perfect because you're been doing that all game anyway!!

Literally SO LITTLE can go wrong you guys, this is going to be great I promise you.

Are you gonna be the guys who found the serial killer, and just lynched him like a bunch of basics?

OR, are you going to be the bold, exciting, sexy gang, the envy of forum mafia players everywhere?

I know what I'd do, if I were me.
JoeSapphire: snip
why'd you remove Carradice from the game? Reasoning please?

This is excellent 3rd-party arguments for letting maybe scum live.

Why don't you want us to lunch Pooka?

As you will probably be removed tonight, please give us your reads in clear details.

Do you consider caesar or joppo a better lunch?

if we are to believe you, which i might not until the flip, are we facing one scum other than you or two? is lift scum?

please explain how you can be a JOAT/conditional-other thing?
what is the condition in play?
please give us again a detailed view of your actions at night?
No. Just no. We have an admitted serial killer who has to eliminate us all to win. Who has intentionally killed one of the more active and quite well confirmed Town player. Mark this: he did not try to kill Scum last Night. He did not kill one of the unconfirmed players to narrow down the suspect pool. He did not target me, although he pretended all Day to suspect me of being scum. He intentionally targeted Town in a way that would strengthen scum's position.

And now he pretends that it is in our interest to let him live? No way. I say we eliminate one self-admitted threat to us and take care of the rest Tomorrow!
Lifthrasil: although he pretended all Day to suspect me of being scum.
ha. 'Pretended.'
Microfish_1: why'd you remove Carradice from the game? Reasoning please?
I reckoned he was a doctor who protected lifthrasil. I thought I should get rid of a doctor. SOWWY.

Microfish_1: This is excellent 3rd-party arguments for letting maybe scum live.
I no rite?

Microfish_1: Why don't you want us to lunch Pooka?
I don't mind if you want to lunch pooka. It's not a bad idea. I think Lifthrasil's better but I like pooka to be the guy

Microfish_1: As you will probably be removed tonight, please give us your reads in clear details.
Microfish_1: Do you consider caesar or joppo a better lunch?
neither of them! I don't see why Caesar's so strongly scum-read, and Joppo's probably a tracker! Those are USEFUL.

Microfish_1: if we are to believe you, which i might not until the flip, are we facing one scum other than you or two? is lift scum?
Yeah, I didn't kill RWarehall or GameRager. I do think it's lift, but, to be honest, I took offense at his "dropped the ball" comment and tunneled.

Microfish_1: please explain how you can be a JOAT/conditional-other thing?
It's a special role! And it's been fun too.

Microfish_1: what is the condition in play?
I can't kill if I killed the previous night.

Microfish_1: please give us again a detailed view of your actions at night?
Night 1 - investigated GameRager
Night 2 - Killed SirPrimalform
Night 3 - protected myself (I lied about GameRager. Whoops!)
Night 4 - Killed Carradice (My bad! I take full responsibility!)

Oh go on, let me live!
Unvotus Joe

I can't do it, guys. He's got that puppy-dog look in his eyes!
I was writing a post yesterday. And it's nowhere to be found. I must be stupid tired. Not sure if I can still find it.

I'm not a fan of Joe's proposal. Feels like he's going to open a whole can of worms by him staying on the table. He still can betray us too.

serialus killus Joe
IF Joe is telling the truth, the only positive about letting him live is he has to do something JOAT-y tonight if he is telling the truth, and is immediate no holds barred lunch Tomorrow.

Thank you, Joe. I appreciate your response, even though I suspect i will have to wait until post game to maybe get all of your reasoning. Also, outstanding AtE, especially the "SOWWY" and the "Oh, go on" bit at the end. Kudos to you on that. As described, it does seem like a role you would really really enjoy, and you've played it to the fullest.

However, the altrenate nights thing is worrisome. Because it could be alternate-nights-until-N5-at-which-point-it-is-fulltime.
We are at 7 players. If Joe is lying, and does have a negative action, we lose two players, making it mislunch=lose. otoh, 4:1 is much nicer as there are two mislunches possible.

Frankly, I don't totally trust Joe to be pro-town.

Lifthrasil: ...although he pretended all Day to suspect me of being scum. He intentionally targeted Town in a way that would strengthen scum's position...
WIFOM, especially after reading a post which some might call very towny (even LAMIST?) begs the question "did he "pretend all day to suspect" because he knows you are scum?"

However, I agree with you and Pooka. You two cannot both be scum, so one of you is town. Again, 4:1 is better than 5:2.

I haven't trusted Lift since at least last Night upon seeing Trent's flip. if I had voted for lift, and lift was the party, would Joe still have gone after Carradice?

Also to consider: Is Joe last ditch sacrificing to protect a teammate with a better role?

Still think Lift to be scum, and if not Lift, one of Caesar/Pooka/Joppo. (<<<<<Lookit how I named the entire unconfirmed playerbase right there! That was a Grade-A piece of deduction right there...yeah, i'm done now, you can stop smirking already! Yes, YOU!)
Policy says you don't let self-admitted scum continue to play the game, as seen earlier with Yogs, no matter how nice their puppy-dog eyes are! Note that if Joe is scum, Pooka & Joppo cannot both be on a scumteam, essentially confirming one of them.

Miller is Policy, Joe defends Joppo, Pooka could be GF and merely claiming Miller for an easy hiding before knowing there were no docs left, Caesar looks town and scum at times*, so no judgment there on my part, Lift is unknown.

*Wondering if 1384 is deduction or Caesar speaking what he knows to be truth from ZFR's messages to scum.
================
Yogs even self-voted to protect...who?

agentcarr16: I can't do it, guys. He's got that puppy-dog look in his eyes!
Then tell us who you would vote for?! Please.
================

vote the hero of our most recent musical, Cap'n Joe!

I want Caesar and Joppo to speak before the hammer
Lifthrasil: although he pretended all Day to suspect me of being scum.
JoeSapphire: ha. 'Pretended.'
OK, then 'believed out of habit'. The point is, you don't really care. Maybe you believe me scum - all the worse then. You didn't kill me but targeted a strong and mostly confirmed Town-player. You acted directly against Town instead of hunting Scum and now you want us to leave you alive. Also: you lied. Why shouldn't you lie now about your limitations, your shots or even your allegiance. You might be regular scum who saw his impending lynch and tried this crazy gamble. Or you might be telling the truth and you really are SK. Either way: you are anti-town and you have played anti-town so far. So, for the benefit of Town, we must remove you instead of risking another mis-lynch. You are a sure lynch that removes one danger to Town.

Microfish_1: why'd you remove Carradice from the game? Reasoning please?
JoeSapphire: I reckoned he was a doctor who protected lifthrasil. I thought I should get rid of a doctor. SOWWY.
Which makes you even more anti-town.

agentcarr16: Unvotus Joe

I can't do it, guys. He's got that puppy-dog look in his eyes!
Seriously?

Lifthrasil: ...although he pretended all Day to suspect me of being scum. He intentionally targeted Town in a way that would strengthen scum's position...
Microfish_1: WIFOM, especially after reading a post which some might call very towny (even LAMIST?) begs the question "did he "pretend all day to suspect" because he knows you are scum?"
Only possible if we were both regular scum. An SK doesn't know the alignments of other players. Same about your 'Joe defends Joppo' line. We will know whether that means anything after we see Joe's flip. If he is regular scum after all, we can look for interconnections. If he is SK, he was acting alone.

Microfish_1: vote the hero of our most recent musical, Cap'n Joe!

I want Caesar and Joppo to speak before the hammer
I think that WAS the hammer if I didn't miscount. (agent unvoted, Pooka voted Joe, which puts Joe back at 3. Then you voted, which puts him at 4)

Let's hope that Caesar and Joppo still show up to speak during Twilight before ZFR ends the Day.
When enough spells are cast on Joe, he suddenly disappears and you see a familiar figure standing in his place.

JoeSapphire is dead. He was Peeves the Poltergeist, Conditional Serial Killer.

Peeves quickly disappears off the field. Is he going towards Madam Pomfrey's? You're not sure but you doubt you've seen the last of him.

Night 5 has started. Please stop posting now.

Day 5 Final Vote Count

Joe 4 - joppo, Lift, Pooka, Micro
Lift 1 - Joe

Not voting - Caesar, agent

7 Players. Takes 4 to lynch.
Post edited March 07, 2020 by ZFR
ZFR: JoeSapphire is dead. He was Peeves the Poltergeist, Conditional Serial Killer.
Magically amplified, the strident chords of the school anthem drift over the field.
Peeves' voice, cracking with emotion, booms across the countryside.

[sincerely]
At the edge of the lake
the cat and the snake
conflicted to settle the score of the day.
The rat and the crow
neglected to show,
for they had forgotten the way
forgot forgot forgot forgot forgot
forgotten the way

[passionately]
"aha" challeng'd legs
"you eater of eggs;
you know you won't live to see sunset this day. "
Snake narrow'd its eyes
and looked very wise
and found nothing witty to say
thing wit thing wit thing wit thing wit thing wit
thing witty to say.

[heartily]
Cat jumped up a tree,
and did a small wee.
He thought the snake's eye had a threatening gleam.
"For honour!" quoth he.
with feign'd bravery,
then let out an almighty scream.
an al an al an al an al an al
an almighty scream.

[lustily]
The terrible wail
caus'd scaly to quail
and tremble - how angry the cat had become.
And, cunningly, paws
told not of the cause;
A thorn had been lodged in his bum.
been lodged been lodged been lodged been lodged been lodged
been lodged in his bum.

[mournfully]
Both combatants fell;
so sounded the bell;
their hearts had giv'n out on them; soon they'd be gone.
And with their last sigh
each made this reply:
"I die, but my country fights on!"
All together now! [Joyously]
MY COUN-

"There he is!" Shouts Professor ZFR, and the music is cut off with the sound of a brief scuffle.

Hope you have fun without me losers. Don't break your butts trying too hard.