It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

JoeSapphire: You're forgetting my winky face! It's hard to fake a knowing wink if you don't actually know.
joppo: THAT is your defense? That you posted a wink? To the not-that-hard-to-figure-out breadcrumber cop?

I kinda wish I hadn't voted you before only so that I could do it now.
Alright - If I was scum and I'd figured out he was the cop, why's he still alive? Why'd I kill SirP?
joppo: THAT is your defense? That you posted a wink? To the not-that-hard-to-figure-out breadcrumber cop?

I kinda wish I hadn't voted you before only so that I could do it now.
JoeSapphire: Alright - If I was scum and I'd figured out he was the cop, why's he still alive? Why'd I kill SirP?
Assuming you are SK instead of scum, I wouldn't guarantee that I know why you chose SPF, but I have a theory.
While it is possible that you noticed he was a different faction, I also find it equally possible that you thought that he would be first player to notice differences in your behaviour compared to Town!Joe. You guys have some history together after all, according to some interactions I've seen. In fact, it was the very basis of your explanation why you chose him when you claimed.

It would also explain the panic you felt when Yogloth was suddenly an irreversible lynch. At the rate Town were clearing each other with a multi-shot cop, an IC and someone (must be Cdice) who protected the kill during N2 we would soon have an assured victory by numbers against a single enemy. You would need scum to stay in the game to help dwindle the numbers of cleared townies. Not being sure whether he was the last scum might have led you to made a mistake.

I can't fully explain why the cop wasn't the target during N2. Maybe you thought he was a one-shot cop? Who knows? Scum has a lot more information than the town and they still have to make guesses.

That's all in the scenario where you are a SK. It is hypothetical, but is coherent and explains everything from top to bottom.

There's also the possibility that you are scum instead, had the bad luck of seeing a buddy get shot and tried to make the best of it. Still, like I said I don't believe that theory much because it is too risky for you to out yourself for SPF's real killer like that. They might need you around while we had a good number of cleared townies but eventually that threat is down to a manageable level and they'd need to remove players that could NK them.
JoeSapphire: Alright - If I was scum and I'd figured out he was the cop, why's he still alive? Why'd I kill SirP?
joppo: Assuming you are SK instead of scum, I wouldn't guarantee that I know why you chose SPF, but I have a theory.
While it is possible that you noticed he was a different faction, I also find it equally possible that you thought that he would be first player to notice differences in your behaviour compared to Town!Joe. You guys have some history together after all, according to some interactions I've seen. In fact, it was the very basis of your explanation why you chose him when you claimed.
spthh. You think I'd be intimidated by that guy?

joppo: It would also explain the panic you felt when Yogloth was suddenly an irreversible lynch. At the rate Town were clearing each other with a multi-shot cop, an IC and someone (must be Cdice) who protected the kill during N2 we would soon have an assured victory by numbers against a single enemy. You would need scum to stay in the game to help dwindle the numbers of cleared townies. Not being sure whether he was the last scum might have led you to made a mistake.
So:
- Joe notes that the guy-he-reckons-is-the-cop scumreads yoglsoth at 101%
- Joe votes Yogsloth, writes some analysis.
- Joe notices Yogsloth voted himself which reminds Joe that he didn't want Yogsloth lynched!
- Panic!!

Does a serial killer want to keep the scum from being lynched?
joppo: Assuming you are SK instead of scum, I wouldn't guarantee that I know why you chose SPF, but I have a theory.
JoeSapphire: spthh. You think I'd be intimidated by that guy?
I wasn't around to see much of your dynamic so I have no previous knowledge to answer that. In all the games I followed more closely one of you wasn't playing.

joppo: It would also explain the panic you felt when Yogloth was suddenly an irreversible lynch. At the rate Town were clearing each other with a multi-shot cop, an IC and someone (must be Cdice) who protected the kill during N2 we would soon have an assured victory by numbers against a single enemy. You would need scum to stay in the game to help dwindle the numbers of cleared townies. Not being sure whether he was the last scum might have led you to made a mistake.
JoeSapphire: So:
- Joe notes that the guy-he-reckons-is-the-cop scumreads yoglsoth at 101%
- Joe votes Yogsloth, writes some analysis.
- Joe notices Yogsloth voted himself which reminds Joe that he didn't want Yogsloth lynched!
- Panic!!

Does a serial killer want to keep the scum from being lynched?
Fair enough, I never stated that was the definite reason, only one possible explanation that could explain it. But letting that tiny imperfect point aside, why should we ignore the entire rest of the case I presented?

And yes, in the case I presented where a victory by numbers was a real possibility, I'm certain any malicious faction would rather let an enemy live to keep another enemy (Town) from reaching an unbeatable position.

================================================
I will address one concern that I'm sure Lift is going to raise from my last post where I talk to him. I said that it looks a lot like scum!Lift coming to the rescue of a scumbuddy Joe. I know that he will interject that there isn't room for two scum plus the SK (who is bound to be the reason SPF died), so he can't be in a scum team with Joe. Which would be correct, except that I didn't say that he is in a scum team with Joe. I said that it feels the same as if he were.

It could well be the case where he is scum and Joe is the SK, and he thought that having Joe around to kill another cleared townie would be a better "use" for him than bussing him. Do I think that is what happening? Well, I think it less probable than other theories. But I can't simply push Lift to a pile of definite townies. And his clear intent on rejecting a well done case on a scum suspect to push a much weaker case on me based on OMGUS plus "Joppo is unlucky tracker" doesn't smell good.
Just putting my thoughts into writting: We either have a serial killer that only had killed on even-numbered days or there was a delayed kill last night. Either way, tonight there should be only one kill (but who knows what other shenaningans might be at work). Still, if we mislynch D5 there will be a lynch or lose D6.

JoeSapphire: Does a serial killer want to keep the scum from being lynched?
Well, it's a trade-off. He would want the mafia to keep killing to help him get the job done, but each night that passes is another night he could be killed as well.
I don't remember who brought up the "Even Night SK" theory, but I like it and it helps put things into perspective. ScumPF only died because of the 2NSK, but the Mafia couldn't land a hit. Carradice and GR both died because scum and the 2NSK have moved together and didn't cross paths. It neatly explains everything that's going on about the current game setting and I find few reasons to doubt it. That said, we're still facing two scum total at least (unless there is a scum role with two nightkills of sorts).

@Joppo you asked me why I was worried about GR but not Carradice. GR came out as the Cop, and thus was more likely to be killed than Carradice, who was writing quality post after quality post but didn't show (obvious) signs of being a JOAT - heck, we wouldn't know what he has done without Agent passing the word - assuming this isn't a very weird game and he's not a scum Neighborizer.

That said, I still think your tracker ability being unlimited is still suspect. Limitation is a major theme of the roles in this game, and yet your claim has you without limits. Even the mafioso role cop was 1-shot, and if the 2NSK theory is right, the SK too is limited. Yes, tracker is a trickier role to get right, but with the shrinking pool of players and process of elimination, your limitless powers would have eventually found the person who visited the nightkill.

Adalia's failing me today. OK, so.

Joe psychoanalyzed GR N1. Killed SPF N2. Protected GR N3.
Meanwhile:
Carradice protected Flocke N1. Roleblocked yogsloth N2. Here's the fun part...Rolestopped GR on N3. Rolestop means any actions targeting the targeted player will fail. That would include Joe's protection on GR N3. I'm not sure what to make of this. This is some coincidence in there, but I do know it really doesn't help the "Joe is scum" theory. He might have tried something on GR that night, failed, and then claimed he visited him for protection.

I'd prefer to lynch Joppo (for his unlimited tracker claim and the convenient results he claimed) or Joe (general scum feel throughout the whole game, hyperfocus on language instead of context, the JOAT claim in context of Carradice's flip and his night actions). I'll go with the one leading the end of the Day assuming few changes take place until then.
joppo: That is not "increasing the suspect pool" as much as it is "bringing back to it someone who was never cleared in the first place". If Carradice had told us back then what we know now the only thing that would count as an indicator of towniness for Joe would be his killing SirPrimalForm, which I already explained can be seen as a SK's action. You seen hellbent on painting me all sorts of scum now, which at first I thought could just be an OMGUS reaction to my post #1341 but now I wonder if it isn't something more akin to scum coming to the rescue of his buddy.
You foresaw my reply to that quite conveniently. But I wouldn't claim that two scum in the same team are impossible. It's just not Joe and me. It's possible that we don't have an SK if one of the missing kills was actually a Poisoner. For example if Scum had the choice to do a regular kill or a poison kill. That would account for no kill in one Night and two kills (one delayed, one regular) in one of the later Nights. Flavour-wise poison would also fit Slytherin. So I wouldn't discount the 'two scum working together' theory.

Of course you are right and it is possible that Joe is an SK. But it's equally possible that you are scum. I'm not 'hellbent on painting you all sorts of scum' as you like to put it. But it is interesting that you feel so persecuted. Am I perhaps too close to the truth? In the end, I have to make a choice and at the moment, after I had to reconsider Consul as my top-pick, that choice is open between you and Joe. With Consul and Pooka as backup.

PookaMustard: Carradice protected Flocke N1. Roleblocked yogsloth N2. Here's the fun part...Rolestopped GR on N3. Rolestop means any actions targeting the targeted player will fail. That would include Joe's protection on GR N3. I'm not sure what to make of this. This is some coincidence in there, but I do know it really doesn't help the "Joe is scum" theory. He might have tried something on GR that night, failed, and then claimed he visited him for protection.
Huh. ... That is actually a very good point. If GR was protected by Rolestop all other attempts at targeting should have failed. Of course I don't know if this game has a feedback on failed powers, but most games I was in had some sort of feedback if one was jailed or blocked or otherwise stopped. So why didn't Joe notice something odd when he protected GR, as he claims? He shouldn't have been able to target GR!

You know what, I think you are on to something there!

unvotus Joppo
hexus Joe
PookaMustard: I don't remember who brought up the "Even Night SK" theory, but I like it and it helps put things into perspective. ScumPF only died because of the 2NSK, but the Mafia couldn't land a hit. Carradice and GR both died because scum and the 2NSK have moved together and didn't cross paths. It neatly explains everything that's going on about the current game setting and I find few reasons to doubt it. That said, we're still facing two scum total at least (unless there is a scum role with two nightkills of sorts).
It is true that the even-night SK fits, but I'm not sure if it is the case. It could also be that the SK couldn't kill until N2 (like RFG in the Kalunga game) and that he targeted GR when Carradice was protecting him.
We're probably going to find out when the next Special Casting Phase is over.

PookaMustard: @Joppo you asked me why I was worried about GR but not Carradice. GR came out as the Cop, and thus was more likely to be killed than Carradice, who was writing quality post after quality post but didn't show (obvious) signs of being a JOAT - heck, we wouldn't know what he has done without Agent passing the word - assuming this isn't a very weird game and he's not a scum Neighborizer.
What? That's not an answer for the question I asked. Go back to #1341 and read again.
You said we still don't know who killed GR; I asked why you're showing concerns about who killed GR but not about who killed Carradice.

PookaMustard: Joe psychoanalyzed GR N1. Killed SPF N2. Protected GR N3.
Meanwhile:
Carradice protected Flocke N1. Roleblocked yogsloth N2. Here's the fun part...Rolestopped GR on N3. Rolestop means any actions targeting the targeted player will fail. That would include Joe's protection on GR N3. I'm not sure what to make of this. This is some coincidence in there, but I do know it really doesn't help the "Joe is scum" theory. He might have tried something on GR that night, failed, and then claimed he visited him for protection.
How is it possible to say it doesn't help? Then again, due to rest of this paragraph I think it's just a typo and you added one "not" too many.

Once again: you're saying my role has too much power - supposed to be what, 6 shots of tracker assuming I live until the last day? Would this game go past D7? I doubt it.
So do you think 6 shots of tracker are too much power compared to Joe's already claimed 4 shots, which may not be all he has (given he avoided to answer Agent) even assuming he's not the SK? Really?
unvote joppo

catching up, in 1364. only 656 more years until I make it back to the future :D
Vote Count

Joe 2 - joppo, Lift
Lift 1 - Joe

Not voting - Caesar, Pooka, agent, Micro

7 Players. Takes 4 to lynch.
What? No activity for the last 12h? Guys, the deadline is coming closer. We should make up our mind. I would support a Joe or Joppo lynch. Preference, at the moment, for Joe.

We have to avoid a no-lynch. True, if we mislynch we might be at LyLo tomorrow, if there are two scum. But if we don't lynch, we would be at MYLO instead with no information from the lynch-flip and no reduced lynch-pool size. Scum isn't going to eliminate unconfirmed players for us. They will probably go for the confirmed ones.

So please make up your mind whose lynch you would support and vote accordingly.
Votus Joe

Do you have any powers left or not?
when is EOD?

I will vote Joe or joppo, as joppo has claimed a seemingly high number of trackings (Pooka noted) and Joe has been a second joat, maybe scum, but suspicious. also, my mind set me up for this yesterday/last Night, as mentioned above. tbh, my first thought on trent's flip was "why didn't I vote lift instead!" but it was too late.

Also, since i am confirmed town, i'd rather those who aren't confirmed to vote, but i def will vote to avoid nl.

And I was all sure Joe was confirmed, but little things just keep adding up that are not in his flavour...

"Limburger cheese" ice cream, anyone??
Vote Count

Joe 3 - joppo, Lift, agent
Lift 1 - Joe

Not voting - Caesar, Pooka, Micro

Joe is closest at L-1

7 Players. Takes 4 to lynch.

Microfish_1: when is EOD?
Saturday evening UTC.
Post edited March 06, 2020 by ZFR
thank you for the reminder!
this gives us prob 30 hours, but at least 24 before i feel i have to vote.
I want the nonconfirmed folk on record this time.