I’ll trade any of the games I have for help in getting the PC port of Diabolik The Original Sin working on Windows 10. I already looked at pcgamingwiki.
First of all, it seems to me that this is not the thread to ask about this particular game. But let's do the following: I will enable the private chat and tell me there what is not working for you, I have the game installed on Windows 10 (x64) and I have had no problems with it.
Best wishes! :)
Well, to keep things simple, try this:
1. Apply Windows 98 retro-compatibility to the game executable.
2. Copy and paste the following file
into the root of the game (installation path). *
3. Try to run the game from the executable or from the desktop shortcut.
4. Let me know if it worked for you, please.
* Source: Link
I hope this is helpful for you and perhaps for other GOG forum members. :)
The game is not available anywhere and all the more appropriate forums I’ve tried have not returned a single reply. So I asked here. I try to defend it because I’m trading a game of your choosing in my inventory for the information to get it running. I’m not available today, but I will try the suggestion tomorrow. I wasn’t expecting a reply so soon.
Good. No worries. I'll add the following so as not to extend the thread (offtopic). :)
You can also try this in case it doesn't work with Windows 98 retro-compatibility:
1. Apply only administrator permissions (to the ''*.exe'' executable) and, copy and paste the wrapper I left in the link above into the installation path of the game in ''C:\...''. The wrapper applies the best (backwards compatible) settings for the game to work on modern operating systems. You can also try to install the game outside the ''Program Files or Program Files (x86)'' folder. On Windows 10, administrator permissions can create conflicts such as not running the program or not being able to save a game, for example.