It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

We're happy to announce that starting today, you can play the GOG versions of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt and selected games from The Witcher universe via GeForce NOW, NVIDIA's cloud gaming service.

If you want to explore the universe of the legendary Witcher, become a professional monster slayer, or a war-veteran queen of two Northern Realms, you can do it now on almost any device -- including low-powered units, Mac laptops, Chromebooks, and more, thanks to GeForce NOW.

All GOG owners of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Game of the Year Edition, The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition, The Witcher Adventure Game, and Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales can stream these games across their devices via GeForce NOW with full language support.

Finally, you can also easily capture your best gameplay moments in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Game of the Year Edition, thanks to GeForce NOW’s sharing tools. Your best monster takedowns are captured automatically thanks to NVIDIA Highlights.
high rated
Wishmaster777: When will you add some games via Gog Connect?
We have no plans for continuing GOG Connect offers at the moment.
Geforce now is pretty much just a "rent a computer" service. Why the *quack* is everyone whining about that?
Don't like it, don't use it, but I guess it's just easier to complain about something you don't even know.
I personally don't need it, but good for the people who do.
low rated
Orkhepaj: cloud gaming is the future
Time4Tea: It is a dark future, which I intend to resist.
yup , it doesnt seems to be bright one , but we cant resist it thats the truth
best would be to force government to make better laws for customers
ConsulCaesar: I think this is unironically good news. It's about giving more options to people who lack the hardware to run the games.
Swedrami: Same.
Can't blame people being extra-sceptical of anything that's even remotely antithetical to DRM-free though, especially considering all the questionable and troubling developments going on with Galaxy and GoG's founding principles.
The boiling frog metaphor, and all that.
I'm sceptical of cloud gaming too, but I think there's a reasonable argument to be made that giving DRM-free versions of games the same options to access a service like this as DRMed version elsewhere have is a pro DRM-free move, so exactly what GOG should be doing. I mean, we have entire threads where people complain about DRM-free versions users being treated as second-class citizens, and now we're complaining about this?

Way to work for that image of perpetual displeased grognards I guess.
Post edited March 11, 2021 by Breja
Good news to anyone who wants to play The Witcher 3 on high and doesn´t have a powerful machine, more options the better.
Lone_Scout: Cloud gaming is almost the opposite of DRM-Free...
Not quite. There can be DRM-free cloud gaming, but GeForce NOW isn't it. If GeForce NOW were more arbitrary in that it just let you run whatever, rather than only an explicit pre-approved list, then there's nothing inherently DRM about it. This particular set-up where it checks against your library and only an explicit list, not so much. But these are just extras for owners. This isn't [at this time] subtracting anything from existing owners, or restricting features to those who are using the cloud system. So I'm OK with this as done.

I just want nvidia to make it not require blessing to play whatever... then it might turn into an actually useful service for some.
low rated
Szombat13: Geforce now is pretty much just a "rent a computer" service. Why the *quack* is everyone whining about that?
Don't like it, don't use it, but I guess it's just easier to complain about something you don't even know.
I personally don't need it, but good for the people who do.
exactly , nothing is wrong with that , especially as you can use games you already own and dont need to buy em like with stadia
This would only be interesting to me if GOG managed to put 3rd party titles on the service, and if GeForce Now free accounts get more playtime than one hour.
It's surprising, cloud gaming arrived so fast on GOG :-/
Can this "GeForce NOW" explain why Nvidia doesn't make any new architecture for its GPUs since a few years?
Are they all betting on online gaming?
Post edited March 11, 2021 by LinuxFire
Lone_Scout: And...?

Cloud gaming is almost the opposite of DRM-Free...
I guess that is true if you buy a game on a cloud gaming platform and can only play it there. In this case it's a game bought here DRM free that can be played on your computer or on the cloud.
low rated
Time4Tea: It is a dark future, which I intend to resist.
Orkhepaj: yup , it doesnt seems to be bright one , but we cant resist it thats the truth
So you won't make any effort yourself to resist it, but you would petition your government to make a law that would force the change? It's no wonder the corporate wolves are licking their lips, with so many people displaying exactly that sort of lazy apathy ...
low rated
No surprises GOG is partnering with the most anti-consumer, anti-competition, closed-source bully of a card manufacturer to promote cloud garbage.

Fuck cloud gaming, it is the antithesis of the reason I am here, it is anti-ownership, cloud gaming makes games disposable and encourages people to treat them as such.

Remember when GOG wasn't a sell out piece of shit store?
Post edited March 11, 2021 by ReynardFox
low rated
Orkhepaj: yup , it doesnt seems to be bright one , but we cant resist it thats the truth
Time4Tea: So you won't make any effort yourself to resist it, but you would petition your government to make a law that would force the change? It's no wonder the corporate wolves are licking their lips, with so many people displaying exactly that sort of lazy apathy ...
yup
this is not lazy apathy, this is realism, just like you can't end slavery if you only buy goods not made by slaves , the government has to regulate companies
For those who wonder, maximum resolution on Geforce Now is 1920x1200 (16:10), or 1920x1080 (select the native resolution of your screen). The minimum is 1024x768 (4:3). The usual suspects are in between as well.
low rated
Time4Tea: So you won't make any effort yourself to resist it, but you would petition your government to make a law that would force the change? It's no wonder the corporate wolves are licking their lips, with so many people displaying exactly that sort of lazy apathy ...
Orkhepaj: yup
this is not lazy apathy, this is realism, just like you can't end slavery if you only buy goods not made by slaves , the government has to regulate companies
No, it's not realism. There are examples of where mass consumer action have been effective. Protests and boycotts by GOG customers have been effective in the past. It is simply a convenient excuse to justify your inaction - don't try to dress it up as anything else.