It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

We're happy to announce that starting today, you can play the GOG versions of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt and selected games from The Witcher universe via GeForce NOW, NVIDIA's cloud gaming service.

If you want to explore the universe of the legendary Witcher, become a professional monster slayer, or a war-veteran queen of two Northern Realms, you can do it now on almost any device -- including low-powered units, Mac laptops, Chromebooks, and more, thanks to GeForce NOW.

All GOG owners of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Game of the Year Edition, The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition, The Witcher Adventure Game, and Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales can stream these games across their devices via GeForce NOW with full language support.

Finally, you can also easily capture your best gameplay moments in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Game of the Year Edition, thanks to GeForce NOW’s sharing tools. Your best monster takedowns are captured automatically thanks to NVIDIA Highlights.
low rated
When will you add some games via Gog Connect?
high rated
And...?

Cloud gaming is almost the opposite of DRM-Free...
Time to get the popcorn machine out of the basement.
high rated
Can someone please tell me, why I need this?
high rated
Yea I'm gonna side with the haters on this one.
Why? I guess more exposure, but I feel like GOG users are one of the last ones to go for this.
high rated
Lone_Scout: And...?

It is the antithesis of DRM free! Plus, it is entirely dependent on just how good your internet connection is, my choppy internet won't allow for a smooth gameplay experience making this announcement pretty useless for me, now if this were South Korea...
high rated
Good for you,I guess...
For us...?

TZODnmr2k5: It is the antithesis of DRM free! Plus, it is entirely dependent on just how good your internet connection is, my choppy internet won't allow for a smooth gameplay experience making this announcement pretty useless for me, now if this were South Korea...
Could be useful for someone like me, 2008 iMac and fiber connection...
high rated
Cloud gaming is the ultimate DRM, anti gamer crap
high rated
Thank you but i'll stick with my DRM-free version.
Post edited March 11, 2021 by InSaintMonoxide
high rated

If I understand GeForce NOW correctly (as explained by a friend who uses it), then you first buy a game and then have an option to play it through GeForce NOW, but you still own a normal copy of the game, just as you bought it. So if you bought it on GOG, you have your DRM-free copy in your GOG library and an option to use GeForce NOW. If that's correct, then I think it's not a bad deal, and it's good to have more DRM-free games given that option, and not just Steam.
Post edited March 11, 2021 by Breja
TZODnmr2k5: It is the antithesis of DRM free! Plus, it is entirely dependent on just how good your internet connection is, my choppy internet won't allow for a smooth gameplay experience making this announcement pretty useless for me, now if this were South Korea...
mr_space: Could be useful for someone like me, 2008 iMac and fiber connection...
Ironically I too have a "fiber" connection, it's through ATT, so that means it's a severely throttled Internet, the u.s. has the worst consistency of its Internet, as it wildly varies state-to-state, city-to-city...
low rated
Good to hear. So that people who need the flexibility can benefit from it, while having the chance to install on a machine if they want to, or if they can.

QUESTION: Would saves made while in Geforce Now be accessible when playing locally? (I guess not, but one can dream).
Post edited March 11, 2021 by Carradice

Breja: If I understand GeForce NOW correctly (as explained by a friend who uses it), then you first buy a game and then have an option to play it through GeForce NOW, but you still own a normal copy of the game, just as you bought it. So if you bought it on GOG, you have your DRM-free copy in your GOG library and an option to use GeForce NOW. If that's correct, then I think it's not a bad deal, and it's good to have more DRM-free games given that option, and not just Steam.
That's exactly my understanding too. GeForce NOW doesn't impose any form of DRM: you are essentially renting the hardware to run the game, but the game is actually yours.

This is not the same as the Xbox pass, where one has a catalogue of games to choose from, similarly to Netflix with series. In GeForce NOW you own the game, but users without a proper PC can stream their games instead of running it locally. I fail to see any problem here, honestly.