It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

We're happy to announce that starting today, you can play the GOG versions of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt and selected games from The Witcher universe via GeForce NOW, NVIDIA's cloud gaming service.

If you want to explore the universe of the legendary Witcher, become a professional monster slayer, or a war-veteran queen of two Northern Realms, you can do it now on almost any device -- including low-powered units, Mac laptops, Chromebooks, and more, thanks to GeForce NOW.

All GOG owners of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Game of the Year Edition, The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition, The Witcher Adventure Game, and Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales can stream these games across their devices via GeForce NOW with full language support.

Finally, you can also easily capture your best gameplay moments in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Game of the Year Edition, thanks to GeForce NOW’s sharing tools. Your best monster takedowns are captured automatically thanks to NVIDIA Highlights.
only the goty version?
low rated
Finally! I hope we will be able to run games in cloud directly from GOG Galaxy. It would be killer feature.
low rated
Orkhepaj: these looks like just activism not boycotts, and so few compared how many boycotts are running, not effective
"these look like just activism, not boycotts" .... lol! Nice strawman ;-)

I suppose you have some numbers there on how many consumer boycotts are currently running? Even if a low percentage of consumer boycotts are successful, those are still concrete examples that they can work. Therefore, some might say it is worth a try, rather than sitting on our hands and making defeatist excuses.
Does cloud gaming come with a time machine to make up for input lag?
GOG.com: cloud gaming service
Pretty cool, I'm sure the 5 dudes using it are going to love it.
Post edited March 11, 2021 by NuffCatnip
low rated
DoomSooth: Does cloud gaming come with a time machine to make up for input lag?
the lag is nearly none existent
GOG.com: cloud gaming servic
NuffCatnip: Pretty cool, I'm sure the 5 dudes using it are going to love it.
you are mistaking it with linux
Post edited March 11, 2021 by Orkhepaj
I hope this works for everyone and not come back and bite us all who want drm-free gaming.
If there are people who likes cloud gaming, good for them.
Post edited March 11, 2021 by M3troid
Good news, I'm looking forward other games from GOG being playable on Geforce Now : at least all the ones already on GOG but from steam and epic : Blasphemous, Hollow Knight, Cuphead, Streets of Rage 4, outlast, Soma...
I use GFN when I'm away (work or vacations). It's a great service if you have a low end PC or a laptop dedicated to work, and you want to play on your free time.
Post edited March 11, 2021 by Angelfox51
It would be a nice touch if, eventually, The Witcher: Enhanced Edition found its way into GFN, so that the series is complete. It is already there for Steam.
ConsulCaesar: I think this is unironically good news. It's about giving more options to people who lack the hardware to run the games.
Yup.
high rated
I’m a bit at a loss about who are the target demographics for GeForce Now and other gaming computer rental services…

You need an uncapped (very-)high-speed Internet access and pay the rental of the distant server, so we’re talking about people who already have enough money to actually buy and maintain a gaming computer. What is the incentive I am missing?
vv221: I’m a bit at a loss about who are the target demographics for GeForce Now and other gaming computer rental services…

You need an uncapped (very-)high-speed Internet access and pay the rental of the distant server, so we’re talking about people who already have enough money to actually buy and maintain a gaming computer. What is the incentive I am missing?
You can pop on a good internet speed without spending a ton in a lot of places (Poland for example) the idea is you can play games your rig might not run all that well in much better quality via their service. Why go, a site championing the fight against DRM and the like thought it was an announcement worth sharing is a little puzzling though. Fckdrm, but accept always-online services where you can't access your product without an online connection...while we historical have jabs at Steam. Confusing, but hey for those who use it it's good for them!
high rated
Most of the userbase lost access to 3/4 of their libraries overnight, all because one dev couldn't be bothered to do five minutes of research on the service. It's proof that game streaming is a bad investment and the best option for players is DRM free gaming.
Subsidised infrastructucture often leads to cheap internet service.

Different games will be more or less tolerant of lag. Please test before committing. That is why there is the possibility for free. Fibre, even if limited somehow, usually has very low ping but you still need quite a bit of bandwidth for 1080p. For the first Witcher game, with its peculiar combat, I would not want a ping to the GFN server as high as 60.

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce-now/system-reqs/

I have never tried this and doubt I ever will but am not cathegorically against it.