It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

JoeSapphire: HEY!
Vitek: Hi, what's up?
nice picture

FINAL Qualifiers:

Back-Up

One-Shot

Frictionless

FINAL Roles:

Prosecutor

Masons

Watcher

Strongarm

Godfather
Post edited August 06, 2018 by JoeSapphire
Frictionless...
I guess that's modifier for lovers? :-)

I always dreamt of being smooth well-lubricated Tyrannosaur, though.

JoeSapphire: nice picture
Yours is not that bad either.
Vitek: Frictionless...
I guess that's modifier for lovers? :-)
:p

Frictionless abilities can't be blocked OR redirected. Sorry bus-drivers, reflectors and redirectors! We got frictionless capability! A variant is that they also have to use their ability - no choice to opt-out. But that's up to the individual moderator.
so frictionless vigilante would be my claim. "Hey, I didn't want to go killing each night, the mod made me do it!"
Vanilla Vanilla Vanilla Vanilla is my claim.
ZFR: Vanilla Vanilla Vanilla Vanilla is my claim.
You forgot the raspberry sauce.
ok, I see there's not even a vigilante available. So here's the complete list for everyone's convenience (esp. mine if I need to tweak the often referenced list later on in the game for my own gain muhaha oh wait. I think I shouldn't have...)

Roles: (28)

- Lovers (...are players who are linked to each other. If one Lover dies, the Lover(s) linked to it dies simultaneously. )
- Roleblocker (...chooses one player per Night to block from performing his or her night action)
- Power Cop (...is another name for Vanilla Cop, which just tells whether the target has a power or not. But not which one.)
- Tracker (... is an informative role that can target a player at Night and learn who, if anybody, that player targeted the same night)
- Role Cop (...is an investigative role that receives the role name of its target.)
- Doctor (...is a role that targets a player at Night to protect that player from even multiple kills made during that Night, (provided they haven't been transformed into a murderous robot ))
- Jailer (... is one that protects its target from kills, but also Roleblocks its target.)
- Regular (... i is a player who does not have a power role, i.e. they have factional abilities and nothing else(often called vanilla))
- Survivor (...is a lone player whose goal is to live until any other faction achieves their Win Condition, be it Town or scum.)
- Flavour Cop (... is an investigative role that is returned a piece of information (often taking the form of an object) pertaining to the flavor of its target's role.)
- Commuter (...The Commuter is a role that "leaves Town" each Night, thus making them ineligible to be targeted by Night actions.)
- Invalid (...will die if a certain condition is met (jewels are stolen, tracker targets them, poison doctor targets them etc. etc.)
- Jack-of-All-Trades (... is a role with several one-shot night abilities - typically abilities centered around investigating, protecting and killing)
- Ninja (... is a role or role modifier such that the Ninja will never be seen as targeting anyone)
- Visitor (... is a role that may visit a player each night.)
- Traitor (... is a member of the Mafia who is separate from the main contingent of the faction.)
- Tyrannosaur (...goes on a rampage and kills everybody before collapsing into a pile of fossilised bones. To be used if you feel like your team's losing and you have contempt for everybody involved in the game. It should not be used in a game!!)
- Miller (... is a role or role modifier such that the player passively returns an unfavorable result (i.e. Guilty) if investigated by a Cop.)
- Poisoner (... can target a player to kill them. However, this kill will take place at the end of the next Night. Thus, the poisoned player can get one more Day and Night of actions out.)
- Psychoanalyst (...is an investigative role to learn qualifiers of a person. (The Qualifier Cop is MCKA the Psychoanalist))
- Lyncher (... The Lyncher is a third-party role whose win condition is to get a specific person lynched. )
- Cop (... s a role that has the ability to investigate players at Night to discern their alignment.)
- Governor (...is a role that can stop a lynch. )
- Prosecutor (... revokes someones voting rights for the next day.)
- Masons (...are a group of players who can often, but not necessarily, speak to each other privately and know that everyone in their group is not a member of the Mafia.)
- Watcher (...is an informative role that can target a player at Night and learn who, if anybody, targeted that player the same Night)
- Strongarm (... is a role modifier that signifies that any kills performed by this player cannot be blocked by any means - neither by Bulletproof, nor by Doctor or other protective roles, nor by Roleblocks. (a strongman on the other hand is .. is a performance act, often in the circus but sometimes seen on stage and television, wherein the performer demonstrates feats of great strength, often employing illusions and stagecraft.))
- Godfather (...is a role that investigates as Innocent (or some other favorable result) to Cops, regardless of their actual alignment.)

Qualifiers: (12)

- Beloved (...is a player who, upon death, causes the next Day phase to be skipped)
- Naive (... role is ineffective)
- Conditional ( ... role depends on one or more condition(s) (like every odd night) to work)
- Epic (... alerts everybody that they're using their power.)
- Bulletproof (...avoids being killed at Night)
- Weak (... is a role modifier that causes the player to die if targeting a mafia-aligned or otherwise anti-Town player.)
- Machismo (?probably ... negates the effects of a Doctor or Bodyguard protecting it, although both would still be seen as having visited)
- Brutal (... is for killing roles and it prevents the role being 'flipped' for the rest of the players)
- Loud (... makes targeted player aware of being targeted but not what role was used)
- Back-Up ( are typically linked with a primary role, and don't get to use their action until an/the active role of the same name dies. )
- One-Shot (... restricts the number of times that a power role can be used for the duration of the game. )
- Frictionless (... can't be blocked OR redirected.)

edit: updated to include information up to post 156
Post edited August 09, 2018 by mchack
mchack: so frictionless vigilante would be my claim. "Hey, I didn't want to go killing each night, the mod made me do it!"
hahaha yeah.
Wait, does the presence of a Psychoanalyst mean, that there are going to be Cult elements in this game?
Lifthrasil: Wait, does the presence of a Psychoanalyst mean, that there are going to be Cult elements in this game?
That's typically referred to as a 'Psychiatrist' role. There's also a "psychologist" role that can cop vigiilante. I'm not familiar with Psychoanalyst but given the other rules referred to in Joe's list vig-cop seems to fit better than cult elements.

Or maybe he means something else entirely.

Perhaps the whole thing is a lark and there's no roles at all. 'Everyone is just regular. Ha-ha!'
mchack: ok, I see there's not even a vigilante available. So here's the complete list for everyone's convenience (esp. mine if I need to tweak the often referenced list later on in the game for my own gain muhaha oh wait. I think I shouldn't have...)

snip
Heh, I saw the word vigilante and assumed that meant there was one. Smurfy reading comprehension fail, again.

Thanks for compiling all that, though. I'm hoping the flavour cop will end up being Qualifier Cop.

Which would be particularly funny if there weren't even any qualifiers in play.
bler144: ...
Your name is still not on the list. Are you going to join us like Bookwyrm did?
bler144: ...
ZFR: Your name is still not on the list. Are you going to join us like Bookwyrm did?
Tempted in certain ways, not tempted in others. Definitely shouldn't right now with work regardless. So...no.

If it takes 7 more weeks to get enough players, then...maybe.

Besides, the gambler's fallacy says I'm due to roll scum, and the gambler's fallacy is never wrong.
mchack: and at least turing complete
ZFR: You mean pass a Turing test. Turing completeness is something different. ;)
I was completely oblivious (must've forgotten) of what turing complete meant until you pointed me there. thanks for letting me know :).. (yes I meant passing the turing test (completely? ;)

bler144: Besides, the gambler's fallacy says I'm due to roll scum, and the gambler's fallacy is never wrong.
Soo, the towny thing to do would be to play, now wouldn't it? It just won't do to know one scum up front and then not have him play? In the end someone else rolls their scum slot and we wouldn't even know who... I mean innocent people could get hurt O.o
mchack: Soo, the towny thing to do would be to play, now wouldn't it? It just won't do to know one scum up front and then not have him play? In the end someone else rolls their scum slot and we wouldn't even know who... I mean innocent people could get hurt O.o
Town has a much better chance of winning if I'm not town, that is true.